This thread currently has 19,421 views. Print
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
jock dock tower
November 21, 2015, 6:36pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +55 / -12
Approval: +3,164
The beauty about the situation at the moment is that teams are bound to take points off each other on a regular basis. We currently have 39 points from 22 games which over a 46 match season would give us a total of 81 points and a top 3 place. If we finish in the top five this year we won't be in this league next season because we're such a difficult team to beat over 90 minutes and the play offs will take us back up to the Football League. Am stull convinced though that we will go on one of those amazing runs - have we started it already - that will take us straight back up?

No attempt at ethical or social seduction can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred of the Tory party. So far as I'm concerned they're lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 91
ginnywings
November 21, 2015, 6:46pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.01
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,153
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from jock dock tower
The beauty about the situation at the moment is that teams are bound to take points off each other on a regular basis. We currently have 39 points from 22 games which over a 46 match season would give us a total of 81 points and a top 3 place. If we finish in the top five this year we won't be in this league next season because we're such a difficult team to beat over 90 minutes and the play offs will take us back up to the Football League. Am stull convinced though that we will go on one of those amazing runs - have we started it already - that will take us straight back up?

I hope so. Successive wins propel you up the league quickly. It took us an age to reach 30 points with all the draws but even a draw against Kiddy next week would see us go from 30 to 40 points in 4 games. Next Saturday is the halfway point in the league and if we can up our game for the remaining fixtures, we will be there or thereabouts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 91
stevethefish
November 21, 2015, 6:47pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +788
Gold Stars: 86
Win next Saturday and that really puts teams under pressure before we go into the fun and games in the cup and trophy!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 91
nightrider
November 21, 2015, 6:56pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +464
Gold Stars: 10
intercourse the draw, we need to win

Christ you all wanted him sacked a few months ago. 6th place finish and he's now the messiah and can do no wrong  
Update:  I think I've got this right - He was the messiah. He then wasn't. He then was again. Then it turned out he actually wasnt. He turned into one big huge messiah again. Now he's not actually the messiah we thought he was . Now I'm hoping he rises again quickly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 91
ginnywings
November 21, 2015, 6:58pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from nightrider
intercourse the draw, we need to win

Agreed but things don't always go the way you expect in football, which is what makes the game so great. We should beat Kiddy but we should have beat them first game too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 91
Helgy
November 21, 2015, 6:58pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
Win our game in hand Wednesday & we go 3rd but results are earned on the pitch.
Have to give Chris Moyses massive credit he's put together a team that wants to win & hates to lose.
Hopefully we will take a few more this time round.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 91
ginnywings
November 21, 2015, 7:02pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Quoted from Helgy
Have to give Chris Moyses massive credit he's put together a team that wants to win & hates to lose.

Must say i am surprised at your current position Helgy but as you say, results are earned on the pitch. Should make for a better derby this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 91
grimsby pete
November 21, 2015, 7:40pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.78
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,841
Gold Stars: 222
Town 5   Lincoln  1

Will do for me at the play off final at Wembley,

Over 37 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             69 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 91
The Yard Dog
November 21, 2015, 8:16pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,521
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Helgy

I have it on good  authority that Lincoln have put everything in to getting out of this league in the next 2 seasons, hence the 2 year contracts handed out.
If he fails to do so, it back to the basement bargains.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 91
HertsGTFC
November 21, 2015, 9:51pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,078
Gold Stars: 238
It's 2 from 3 between us Cheltenham and Village Green.  Lincoln have no depth in their squad.

The fact that they are getting excited over the play offs illustrates a lack of ambition and a "just happy to be part of it!" mentality which does not get you up.

Would love to see that fat girl private Rhead at Wembley on the TV ((of course when I am booking my hotels for the league 2 venues as we would have gone up by then) he would not last 15 mins on a pitch that size.

They would not win a play off final as the ref would not tolerate their fowling, dicing & cheating in such a big televised game.    

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 91
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GIMPS

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.