HertsGTFC
November 21, 2015, 9:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,077
Gold Stars: 238
Quoted from HertsGTFC
It's 2 from 3 between us Cheltenham and Village Green.  Lincoln have no depth in their squad.

The fact that they are getting excited over the play offs illustrates a lack of ambition and a "just happy to be part of it!" mentality which does not get you up.

Would love to see that fat girl private Rhead at Wembley on the TV ((of course when I am booking my hotels for the league 2 venues as we would have gone up by then) he would not last 15 mins on a pitch that size.

They would not win a play off final as the ref would not tolerate their fowling, dicing & cheating in such a big televised game.    

Diving..

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 91
Mariner_09
November 21, 2015, 10:43pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
I don't care who, why or how we get up so long as we do!

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 91
blundellpork
November 22, 2015, 12:37am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,681
Gold Stars: 34
Perhaps they are dicing the fowl?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 91
aldi_01
November 22, 2015, 8:39am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
As ever, the sensible Lincoln fans are taking it all in with an element of caution. Like any team, a couple of injuries and likely suspensions and it can all change.

They are already playing the 'we just need to win our game in hand' game, we all know how that can end.

I think some toothless bell ringing inbreds must work at the echo though. Getting all excited this week about getting in the playoffs. Not sure they realise that you have to still win games, once you're in doesn't mean they get to stay in.

January could be key for Lincoln. They've still got money issues but if they are still kicking about the playoffs or top 6/7 surely they've got to go for it and invest? Question is, can they afford to?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 91
Garth
November 22, 2015, 9:28am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,939
Gold Stars: 27
Stop this bollox talk about Lincoln getting into a play off position, people on here often accuse them of ogling at us and now we are guilty of doing the same.
Good luck to them whatever,  I`d sooner them than FGR, its only half way through the season lots of swings and roudabouts yet strong squads etc UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 91
MarinerWY
November 22, 2015, 9:46am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,992
Gold Stars: 47
Couldn't really care. They are getting excited 'cos their team is doing well at the moment, not sure I can really take issue or mock that too much. I'm pretty buzzing after a Town win and FGR vs. Cheltenham draw.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 91
Lincoln Mariner 56
November 22, 2015, 10:55am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,784
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from MarinerWY
Couldn't really care. They are getting excited 'cos their team is doing well at the moment, not sure I can really take issue or mock that too much. I'm pretty buzzing after a Town win and FGR vs. Cheltenham draw.

Agree I live over here & most of their fans do not begrudge town doing well but obviously want the Chimps to do better, & thats same why I feel. Ideally both us would go up & Scunny come down giving us some good local derbies.

Have to say I am very surprised at how well they have done to date and given their fixtures up until Christmas our match with them could be a real 6 pointer. He has set his stall out to sign players who will give 100 per cent, just like we wanted a few seasons back, & seems to have succeeded with Bradders a stand out player I hear.

Hopefully, our win yesterday is the real catalyst to getting us fighting for top spot.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 91
rancido
November 22, 2015, 11:57am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,667
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from Grim74
I wouldn't worry about the bell ringing tramps, come January after a good beating in cleethorpes their team will be back down to mid table with a long term Liam Hearn injury.

.....and Rhead in and out of a health farm to control his weight.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 91
Helgy
November 22, 2015, 1:18pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: +118
Quoted from aldi_01
As ever, the sensible Lincoln fans are taking it all in with an element of caution. Like any team, a couple of injuries and likely suspensions and it can all change.

They are already playing the 'we just need to win our game in hand' game, we all know how that can end.

I think some toothless bell ringing inbreds must work at the echo though. Getting all excited this week about getting in the playoffs. Not sure they realise that you have to still win games, once you're in doesn't mean they get to stay in.

January could be key for Lincoln. They've still got money issues but if they are still kicking about the playoffs or top 6/7 surely they've got to go for it and invest? Question is, can they afford to?

The two Echo lads are not from Lincoln, might not have money issues soon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 91
Kymariner12
November 22, 2015, 1:57pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +2 / -2
Approval: +102
Wouldn't be surprised if FGR are top come the new year. Their festive fixtures on paper are relatively easy. Torquay twice, Guiseley and Kidderminster
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 91
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › GIMPS

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.