HertsGTFC
February 24, 2024, 8:56am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,993
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Lew, (know that's not your name btw) I know we see things differently and that's not an issue but the bit in bold got me thinking about his appointment.

I'm wondering if he sold Stockwood a pup here, making out how he coached and brought players through from the Crewe academy into the first team, how he has the academy players playing the sane style as the first team so the flow was seamless, which is actually a load of bollox, its was a system set up Gradi, which Artell carried on and he's built a reputation on that.
Once that flow of quality run dry and he had to sign and coach players he was found out, thus the fall from grace, a 19 game winless run and eventual relegation.

Though he says he’s not a football person I’m sure Jason knows that the Crewe structure isn’t down to Artell.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 112
lew chaterleys lover
February 24, 2024, 8:59am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,755
Gold Stars: 237

Lew, (know that's not your name btw) I know we see things differently and that's not an issue but the bit in bold got me thinking about his appointment.

I'm wondering if he sold Stockwood a pup here, making out how he coached and brought players through from the Crewe academy into the first team, how he has the academy players playing the sane style as the first team so the flow was seamless, which is actually a load of bollox, its was a system set up Gradi, which Artell carried on and he's built a reputation on that.
Once that flow of quality run dry and he had to sign and coach players he was found out, thus the fall from grace, a 19 game winless run and eventual relegation.

You may well be right but you would have thought background checks would have highlighted that.

The owners have clearly decided that to be "sustainable" the only way to go was to get a head coach to make the most of the relatively small budget, and especially bring on young talent as they think we have some good prospects in the academy. It is a fair enough policy as the constant signing of average players has brought us back to where we started.

It is going to be a long haul though isn't it, and if things don't improve more or less immediately they might have to shelve those grand ideas for something more pragmatic.

I bet like me you are fed up of having to talk about reasons things never seem to go well enough for a club with such good support, good responsible owners and there is no way we should ever contemplate dropping out of the league again which is what will happen if results on the pitch (not a spreadsheet) don't improve.
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 112
Northbank Mariner
February 24, 2024, 9:03am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,526
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Though he says he’s not a football person I’m sure Jason knows that the Crewe structure isn’t down to Artell.

You say that, but in one of his early interviews, might have been his first, that that's exactly what he brings to the table, and kept quoting Perry NGs name.

Yes, whilst I agree Stockwood isn't a stupid man, I can see him being blindsided by Artells bullshit.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 112
HertsGTFC
February 24, 2024, 9:23am

Barley Wine Drinker

You say that, but in one of his early interviews, might have been his first, that that's exactly what he brings to the table, and kept quoting Perry NGs name.

Yes, whilst I agree Stockwood isn't a stupid man, I can see him being blindsided by Artells bullshit.

Oh I’m 100% sure he talked himself into the job. Also I don’t buy this 18 months off to re-charge bollox.

I suspect his pay off from Crewe ran out and he needed to find a job. His agent actually did a good job packaging him on various channels as a thinking man’s coach.

I want him to be successful and clearly he’s a knowledgeable and capable coach but suspect it’s a case of wrong man, wrong club, wrong time.

The next 4 weeks will confirm or deny.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 112
Northbank Mariner
February 24, 2024, 10:14am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,526
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Oh I’m 100% sure he talked himself into the job. Also I don’t buy this 18 months off to re-charge bollox.

I suspect his pay off from Crewe ran out and he needed to find a job. His agent actually did a good job packaging him on various channels as a thinking man’s coach.

I want him to be successful and clearly he’s a knowledgeable and capable coach but suspect it’s a case of wrong man, wrong club, wrong time.

The next 4 weeks will confirm or deny.

The more I think about it, he comes across a bit jolleyesque, only Jolley was slightly more articulate in the way he put his bulllshit across.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 112
HertsGTFC
February 24, 2024, 10:17am

Barley Wine Drinker

The more I think about it, he comes across a bit jolleyesque, only Jolley was slightly more articulate in the way he put his bulllshit across.

Yeah like Jolley he’s certainly trying to project his brand.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 112
MuddyWaters
February 24, 2024, 10:20am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
At a slight tangent, John Tondeur has tweeted to say he's interviewing JS at around 2.30.
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 112
GollyGTFC
February 24, 2024, 10:23am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,054
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from MuddyWaters
At a slight tangent, John Tondeur has tweeted to say he's interviewing JS at around 2.30.

It's good JS is at the game today. He can pop down into the tunnel after the game to sack DA at 17:00 like he did with PH.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 67 - 112
Caveman
February 24, 2024, 10:30am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +767
Gold Stars: 17
What if we win ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 112
GollyGTFC
February 24, 2024, 10:35am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,054
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from Caveman
What if we win ?

Are we talking about winning by scoring actual goals or by xG?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 69 - 112
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Matt Dean

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.