15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
marinerjase
February 18, 2024, 12:00am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,678
Gold Stars: 147
Thompson is injured. Was doing fitness test on pitch beforehand. Anyway, can’t add anymore about today that hasn’t already been said - and it’s pretty much been said spot on - one thing I did notice (I always remember small things that seem insignificant at the time) - think it was their 3rd or 4th goal, can’t remember which, Hume (who was ok in general I thought) had a go at Eisa for not tracking back (rightly so) ..instead of engaging or answering back Eisa just turned around and ignored.. which was testament to his effort. Half arsed.  Absolutely no unity, bond in this squad this season. Sticks out like a sore thumb.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 147
tashee69
February 18, 2024, 12:05am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +970
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from marinerjase
Thompson is injured. Was doing fitness test on pitch beforehand. Anyway, can’t add anymore about today that hasn’t already been said - and it’s pretty much been said spot on - one thing I did notice (I always remember small things that seem insignificant at the time) - think it was their 3rd or 4th goal, can’t remember which, Hume (who was ok in general I thought) had a go at Eisa for not tracking back (rightly so) ..instead of engaging or answering back Eisa just turned around and ignored.. which was testament to his effort. Half arsed.  Absolutely no unity, bond in this squad this season. Sticks out like a sore thumb.

It was for their third. Eisa allowed them to have a 2 on 1 and an easy cross which Maher deflected in.

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 147
Chrisblor
February 18, 2024, 12:06am

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +53 / -18
Approval: +8,962
Gold Stars: 239
Quoted from headingly_mariner

It's absolute balderdash and people have short memories.
Missed a golden chance today, but should absolutley be first pick behind Rose.
He's the only one who breaks the lines from midfield other than occasionally Holohan when he plays and I would hazard a guess that he has most touches in both Boxes of our players.
If people think Clifton is the problem, then there's no flipping hope for us.
It's a massive problem to play Andrews who is male masturbation. Green has struggled without legs next to him and struggles to take the ball off the defence. Holohan should start over those two and it amazes me Hunt can't get on the bench.

You have to have a balance and Artell cannot get that right.

No, people don't have short memories, Clifton's a dreadful footballer and he's never had a good game in central midfield. All his best performances have come as a wide midfielder because he's got zero vision beyond seeing what's immediately in front of him, he severely lacks composure and has poor technical ability. He has an engine and that's it.

gary jones
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 147
Heisenberg
February 18, 2024, 12:13am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95
Quoted from marinerjase

Eisa shouldn’t be in the team. He’s not a team player.  Never passes, never crosses, always looks to shoot - he’s been found out by the opposition after his August purple patch. He should be dropped, he’s exactly the sort of selfish player who gets teams relegated.

Arthur is twice the player,
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 147
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
February 18, 2024, 12:14am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from marinerjase

Our players’ reaction to most goals we concede is similar.

You might see the likes of Maher doing a hammy, half-hearted, token punch of despair but there is a worrying lack of…well…anything.

Doncaster’s 5th goal.

Smith is isolated but all he has to do is show Hurst on to his left foot.

Nope. Not Smith. Just lets Hurst cut inside on to his stronger right foot. Smith somehow gets his body position so wrong he’s facing the Donny fans in the Osmond, and then dangles a leg to try to block the shoot.

I mean, Cartwright should save it but how the fǔck has Smith not shown Hurst down the line.

Why isn’t a teammate giving Smith shït for it. I don’t like to see players arguing on the pitch but you have to draw the line somewhere.

The answer is that virtually all of our players are gutless fännies, pull out of tackles and don’t track runners, so few of them can exactly take the moral high ground.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 147
Heisenberg
February 18, 2024, 12:19am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Approval: +5,100
Gold Stars: 95

Our players’ reaction to most goals we concede is similar.

You might see the likes of Maher doing a hammy, half-hearted, token punch of despair but there is a worrying lack of…well…anything.

Doncaster’s 5th goal.

Smith is isolated but all he has to do is show Hurst on to his left foot.

Nope. Not Smith. Just lets Hurst cut inside on to his stronger right foot. Smith somehow gets his body position so wrong he’s facing the Donny fans in the Osmond, and then dangles a leg to try to block the shoot.

I mean, Cartwright should save it but how the fǔck has Smith not shown Hurst down the line.

Why isn’t a teammate giving Smith shït for it. I don’t like to see players arguing on the pitch but you have to draw the line somewhere.

The answer is that virtually all of our players are fännies, pull out of tackles and don’t track runners, so few of them can exactly take the moral high ground.

I wasn’t there for the 5th goal, but wow, Smith is sh#t. I mean , Christ. Mullarkey - relegated last season, and clearly a non league player, is better. What a sad indictment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 147
Ollie
February 18, 2024, 12:23am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +24 / -4
Approval: +0
Quoted from Heisenberg

I wasn’t there for the 5th goal, but wow, Smith is sh#t. I mean , Christ. Mullarkey - relegated last season, and clearly a non league player, is better. What a sad indictment.

Smith absolutely wasn’t towns first choice for a right back, we were in for Lewis Cass who went to Stockport instead. I’m not sure anyone can blame him for that, he then proceeded to score on his debut against us.
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 147
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
February 18, 2024, 12:26am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.85
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,832
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from Heisenberg

I’m not saying Efete or Amos were anywhere near good enough for L2 but I genuinely think Efete is better defensively than any current Town defender (inability to protect the far post and all).

Efete and Amos paid the price for Rodgers, Maher, Mullarkey, Glennon and the other bunch of thick, half-arsed wǎnkstains we’ve brought in being on longer contracts and more expensive to get rid of.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 147
ginnywings
February 18, 2024, 12:27am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
It was just a total embarrassment today and the second time in recent memory that Donny have handed us our ar$es. Think it was 5-1 before as well, but at least they were top of the league the last time and had the best striker in the division.

Today we were not even second best to a supposedly poor Doncaster team, who were so much better than us it was shocking.

They can't have had an easier game for years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 147
Zmariner
February 18, 2024, 12:33am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Approval: +2,131
Gold Stars: 44
Nothing to be said about the match, the worst period of supporting town in my life. The first time ever in about 45 years I decided to leave early. Coincidentally. My daughter was walking down Grimsby Road, so we decided to meet. We walked in the Grimsby direction to meet her and then turn back to head to Cleethorpes. I stood in the biggest pile of dog crap I have ever seen. There was so much i very nearly slipped, it was everywhere. I think this was karma for leaving early but the home record was very much to blame utm
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 147
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.