Northbank Mariner
February 18, 2024, 8:12am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,495
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from 123614

Or maybe because he was getting dogs abuse for the best part of the match.

And who's to blame for that?..he's presiding over our worse home form in 146 years, hardly going to be get "well done David old boy" from us is he?..and quite frankly, if the abuse makes him fook off, then happy days!!..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 147
Marinerdeano
February 18, 2024, 8:13am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +467
Gold Stars: 27
Next opponents don't need to waste much time watching videos of us. They could just read this thread.  Every individual analysed in minute detail.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 147
February 18, 2024, 8:14am
Guest User
Quoted from mariner91

Poor lamb, I wonder why he’s getting abuse from the stands.

Probably because the players are not up to it, and are not playing as instructed.

Reply: 113 - 147
GollyGTFC
February 18, 2024, 8:20am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,982
Gold Stars: 356
To all the people praising Clifton and Holohan…

You’re wrong.

Both are totally inept as central midfielders at this level.

I think Liam Rosenior hit the nail on the head a week or so ago talking about his Hull side. He spoke about players winning their individual duals.

If you strip back Clifton and Holohan and ignore the poor decision making, inadequate passing ability and poor positional intelligence what you are still left with 2 midfielders who never (and I mean never) win their individual dual/battle against the midfielder they are up against.

They both have a good engine and can add a few goals bursting into the box, but when you contrast that with the damage their weaknesses go to us then the negatives massively outweigh their positives.

I’m not saying we have a glaringly better solution to our midfield woes, but Holohan and Clifton in their when we don’t have a leader along side them doesn’t work.

The total lack of leaders in our biggest problem. Danny Rose being captain is a damning inditement on the rest of the squad.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 114 - 147
Hagrid
February 18, 2024, 8:25am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,433
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from GollyGTFC

You’re wrong.

I think Liam Rosenior hit the nail on the head a week or so ago talking about his Hull side. He spoke about players winning their individual duals.

If you strip back Clifton and Holohan and ignore the poor decision making, inadequate passing ability and poor positional intelligence what you are still left with 2 midfielders who never (and I mean never) win their individual dual/battle against the midfielder they are up against.

They both have a good engine and can add a few goals bursting into the box, but when you contrast that with the damage their weaknesses go to us then the negatives massively outweigh their positives.

I’m not saying we have a glaringly better solution to our midfield woes, but Holohan and Clifton in their when we don’t have a leader along side them doesn’t work.

The total lack of leaders in our biggest problem. Danny Rose being captain is a damning inditement on the rest of the squad.

I’d rather have Gav in there than any other of our options. Limited he may well be, but he at least creates and pops up with a goal.

Agree on Rose though, as much as I like him, leader he is not. We are 11 strangers on a football pitch
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 147
headingly_mariner
February 18, 2024, 8:29am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,381
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from GollyGTFC

You’re wrong.

That's just nonsense. They're the only two in the squad who do win Battles, the issues yesterday were others not doing the same. Look at the first goal, 5 challenges not one won.  

The 2nd goal, loose pass from Clifton, Andrews is massive favourite to win it, waves a leg at it, loses is it, gets passed by Clifton who started 15 yards behind him.
I don't think Andrews won a battle all game, watch the first two minutes of the 2nd half again and it completely shows what Andrews is about, within a minute he's been megged on the halfway line and hasn't made any physical contact with the player who's done it.

Both Clifton and Holohan got 9 goals each last season, were part of a team that was 11th and got the the quarter final of the cup.
The issues are with team selection and players not knowing and doing their jobs.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 147
February 18, 2024, 9:00am
Guest User
Quoted from davmariner
Chiangmainer, Pontonlew, Northbank Mariner, Black and White Bear, and ska face, go on, have a go at defending that.

Quoted from davmariner

There’s an old saying that goes something along the lines of when you get personal, you’ve lost the argument.

Reply: 117 - 147
Pontoon bill
February 18, 2024, 9:11am
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Approval: +53
Gold Stars: 9
Why is Clifton on the pitch? He misses chance after chance..yes he runs and runs but that's not enough. We should have sold him when we had offers  for him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 147
ginnywings
February 18, 2024, 10:39am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
Thought I would have a change of scenery and watch some cricket.

Even more pathetic than the town team, if that's possible.

Fooking sport....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 147
15 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.