15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
sonofmadeleymariner
February 17, 2024, 8:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
That was a long behind drive back to Stoke this evening.

All I can say after today is at least Sutton and Village Green lost. Thats it I can't bring myself to say any more after that excrement show.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 147
Lincoln Mariner 56
February 17, 2024, 8:59pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,764
Gold Stars: 81
Quoted from Hagrid
I also left after the 5th

Outfought, out thought, and had 5 put past us by the team directly above us. Its absolutely flipping disgraceful.

2-0 down in 10 mins, showed a bit of fight, but 2nd half we were horrific. And he’s got to go

A midfield of flipping Clifton Green and Andrews. A defence he has actually made worse. He brought on a young academy striker over Pyke and Wilson. He is flipping clueless and please admit you got it wrong owners and get him out

Im embarrassed, almost heartbroken. This is as bad as it gets

Don’t agree with a lot of your comments but this is spot on. Exactly what position is Clifton supposed to be playing cos it aint midfield and his performances this season are the reason I have never rated him. I will say him and Green at least battle as does Rose but Christ almighty how is Eisa getting picked every week? Bringing on the young lad from Coventry was one of the worst pieces of management I have ever witnessed and it’s obvious from Pyke and Wilson’s body language when they finally came on that they agreed.

I’ve questioned previously whether or not having a Recruitment Manager has improved our squad and it’s pretty obvious that we should not only be discussing Artell’s future but also that of the RM. How the hell did we sign Smith he’s bleeding worse than Mullarkey, smaller, not good in the air, slow, not great on the ball and offers nothing going forward. Hume is no improvement on Glennon and has a much poorer delivery. Tharme had a decent twenty minutes first half but hardly provides for an adequate replacement for Waterfall and the rest of the January recruitment is quickly forgotten as Wood not deemed good enough and Thompson already, presumably, injured although he was crap anyway last week.

This team is about as good as the one we had in the late sixties when Gordon Walker led the line and we finished second bottom in Division Four. It’s a complete and utter mess.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 147
TwoLeftFeet
February 17, 2024, 9:10pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,102
Gold Stars: 19
Driving down Grimsby Road pre match you would think we were going for promotion 7500k in attendance breaks my heart to see the club relying on two clubs being worse than our lot AGAIN.

Yes the appointment hasn't worked and I can't see that it will, got to give ourselves the best chance of staying up whatever that takes.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 147
Limerick Mariner
February 17, 2024, 9:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,743
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Don’t agree with a lot of your comments but this is spot on. Exactly what position is Clifton supposed to be playing cos it aint midfield and his performances this season are the reason I have never rated him. I will say him and Green at least battle as does Rose but Christ almighty how is Eisa getting picked every week? Bringing on the young lad from Coventry was one of the worst pieces of management I have ever witnessed and it’s obvious from Pyke and Wilson’s body language when they finally came on that they agreed.

I’ve questioned previously whether or not having a Recruitment Manager has improved our squad and it’s pretty obvious that we should not only be discussing Artell’s future but also that of the RM. How the hell did we sign Smith he’s bleeding worse than Mullarkey, smaller, not good in the air, slow, not great on the ball and offers nothing going forward. Hume is no improvement on Glennon and has a much poorer delivery. Tharme had a decent twenty minutes first half but hardly provides for an adequate replacement for Waterfall and the rest of the January recruitment is quickly forgotten as Wood not deemed good enough and Thompson already, presumably, injured although he was crap anyway last week.

This team is about as good as the one we had in the late sixties when Gordon Walker led the line and we finished second bottom in Division Four. It’s a complete and utter mess.

Agree with some of that - a ridiculous decision to plunge the Cov lad into that excrement show. Also to go 4-2-4 at 3-1. Eisa just disappears - I would have hauled him at HT and put Pyke on who was going well out wide until he got injured.

The full-backs though looked perfectly competent ant Accy and what worries me is that they’ve already been infected some overall squad malaise. Utterly magnificent as Danny Rose is, I don’t think he’s right for skipper but I can’t see any leaders out there.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 147
Marinerdeano
February 17, 2024, 9:34pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +467
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from Hagrid

Oh ffs

Sorry Hagrid, trying to use my Gallows humour to suppress my utterly sorrow.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 147
DB
February 17, 2024, 9:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.42
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,054
Gold Stars: 391
Quoted from 123614

No he didn't, he shook hands with all of the Doncaster Rovers staff.

Then he went down the tunnel. He failed to shake hands with the ref and asst's, and also notably failed to go onto the pitch to clap the few fans left. Perhaps that is a major reason, apart from the results, that the fans no longer like him.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 147
Hagrid
February 17, 2024, 9:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,485
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from Marinerdeano

Sorry Hagrid, trying to use my Gallows humour to suppress my utterly sorrow.

Sorry. Probs do a better job tbf
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 147
Yoda
February 17, 2024, 9:46pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,189
Gold Stars: 72
Fans don’t like him because his team gets hammered every week
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 147
mariner91
February 17, 2024, 9:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,748
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Don’t agree with a lot of your comments but this is spot on. Exactly what position is Clifton supposed to be playing cos it aint midfield and his performances this season are the reason I have never rated him. I will say him and Green at least battle

That's all Clifton offers though. I got pelters on X or Twitter whatever you want to call it a few weeks ago for saying Clifton is not a L2 standard central midfielder (mostly from his mates) but I stand by it. His engine is great, has a great attitude and he battles but he just isn't good enough with a football. If you actually look at his successful pass percentages each game they're regularly hovering around the 50-65% mark which is awful. And that's not including the times he takes a poor touch or is easily dispossessed because he can't control or turn with the ball. He's a great squad player to have due to his physical ability and versatility and I'm sure he's a good lad but if you're relying on him in central midfield then you're toast. I don't think I've ever seen a L2 opponent be as bad on the ball as Clifton is. Hilariously, Green is even worse!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 147
louth_in_the_south
February 17, 2024, 9:52pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,709
Gold Stars: 96
As a perceived DA hater I actually thought after a terrible start we were unlucky not to go in level at least at ht . Vernam was best player on the pitch. But we didn’t take our chances when we had them all over the place .
Unfortunately this didn’t carry on in the second half and to say we were in disarray would be kind . Unbelievable substitutions did any chance of us getting back into it and we were battered basically. I can’t be arsed to say anything else now as I feel ill basically after that . I’ll expand tomorrow maybe but let’s just say he needs to go .

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 147
15 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just Back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.