Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Wrexham striker Paul Mullin stirs up controversy
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 31 Guests

Wrexham striker Paul Mullin stirs up controversy

This thread currently has 10,101 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
chaos33
October 25, 2022, 8:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,983
Gold Stars: 361
Quoted from grimps

So when I player wears  his Up The BNP boots or F**c a BLM Tee shirt you wouldn’t have any complaints ?

Players have the right to wear what they like outside of football and post comments as they please on social media , I believe politics should be kept off the pitch

Jesus wept….

Completely brainless comparison. Those two statements are plainly, indisputably racist aren’t they, and every decent person would be appalled, including half of the team he played in, so you’re digging an ignorant hole here. And f*** has a K on the end.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 125
sam gy
October 25, 2022, 8:17pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,478
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from grimps

So when I player wears  his Up The BNP boots or F**c a BLM Tee shirt you wouldn’t have any complaints ?

Players have the right to wear what they like outside of football and post comments as they please on social media , I believe politics should be kept off the pitch

Well, the BNP has (had?) far right views, and “intercourse Black Lives Matter”?  I mean, wow. If you need it explaining why that is a problematic statement to say the very least, then there’s no hope.

So yeah, I’d have lots of complaints about both of them.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 125
codcheeky
October 25, 2022, 8:21pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,252
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from grimps

It was off the pitch and if players want to wear any design of t shirt I would not object, as long as they are willing to face the consequences as Mullins clearly is.  There is quite a gap between what 75% of the population currently thinks and what less than 5% think in terms of how the fallout will be though. Look at Kanye West or whatever he is called now, his opinions are foolish in my opinion but he is entitled to hold them but it means sponsors are leaving him in droves. I don't think Mullin has those worries as the owner liked the social media post
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 125
arryarryarry
October 25, 2022, 8:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 117
So not only a cheating twit but he has excrement for brains as well.

Whatever his thoughts about the Tories to do that was flipping stupid.
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 125
TAGG
October 25, 2022, 9:08pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,938
Gold Stars: 126
intercourse all that  the manage is getting sacked in the morning  

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 125
arryarryarry
October 25, 2022, 9:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 117
Quoted from sam gy

Well, the BNP has (had?) far right views, and “intercourse Black Lives Matter”?  I mean, wow. If you need it explaining why that is a problematic statement to say the very least, then there’s no hope.

So yeah, I’d have lots of complaints about both of them.

So it is OK for someone with extreme views that you may be sympathetic to are OK but those you are not shouldn't be allowed?
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 125
Norseman
October 26, 2022, 12:28am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +277
Gold Stars: 48
Quoted from Gaffer58
As someone who can’t be arsed to vote nowadays,but I do wish someone who knows more then I could explain how the Labour Party distributes the country’s wealth more evenly then the Tory’s. 40 odd years ago being on the steelworks we went on a 3 month strike for a pay award, flying pickets and all that, then Mrs Thatcher cam3 to power and over the next few years brought in various industrial rules regarding calling strikes, picketing etc. my question is how man of these laws did Tony Blair rescind during his 10 years of office.

He didn't have time .He was far too busy making up lies that led us into a war which killed thousands and it's legacy is still being felt today
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 125
chaos33
October 26, 2022, 6:04am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,983
Gold Stars: 361
Quoted from arryarryarry

So it is OK for someone with extreme views that you may be sympathetic to are OK but those you are not shouldn't be allowed?

Jeez….It’s not that difficult.

You can have whatever view you want and anyone can have their view on your view. Saying ‘f**k the Tories’ is not, in my opinion, an ‘extreme view’. Anyone could share that view, or feel free to critique it. Having that view on your ‘work attire’ is, as it turns out, problematic for that individual. It’s not an argument though, it’s a sentiment.

As far as the views expressed further up the thread go, regarding the BNP and BLM - anyone is able to hold those views and I wish them good luck if they verbalise/publish them when it comes to defending, justifying or explaining them, as most if not all decent people will consider racism to be indisputably abhorrent. BUT….nobody needs to ‘cancel’ anyone. Nobody needs to ‘shut anyone down’, or say it shouldn’t be ‘allowed’. It’s not a complex point to grasp is it? If your views are offensive and extreme, ill informed, ignorant, prejudiced, bigoted, etc….crack on and justify them, same wiith any position anyone wants to take, but expect to be challenged when you make the supporting argument.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 125
aldi_01
October 26, 2022, 8:10am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from grimps

What a strange and oddly incoherent response…I mean I’m well aware footballers are perceived to be a little on the dim side but I don’t think any would be wearing boots saying ‘up the BNP’…there’s many a reason why but it does little to progress the discussion really.

Like I said earlier, when old slobber chops racist and adulterer of the year were using BP to pedal their nonsense or our local love struck MP was handing GTFC merchandise to the second most incompetent PM ever, were those outraged at Mullin doing this equally as outraged?

The argument of keeping politics out of football is laughable too, the two are intricately intertwined and given our previous owner was a councillor doesn’t help the argument either.

For what it’s worth, I think it’s a daft thing to do but it’s done exactly what he no doubt intended. Regardless of having a Tory MP, I’d imagine, like large swathes of the country, the people of Wrexham and the vast majority of their fans will agree with Mullin…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 125
codcheeky
October 26, 2022, 8:53am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,252
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from arryarryarry

If you think we wouldn't have gone  to war with Afghanistan and Iraq with the Tories in power you 're living in denial. There are only a few who called it out for the folly it was, chief of those was Corbyn and the lib dems to be fair which is why I lent them my support. Only for them to stitch us all up by getting into bed with Cameron's Tories
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 125
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Wrexham striker Paul Mullin stirs up controversy

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.