Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Wrexham striker Paul Mullin stirs up controversy
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 36 Guests

Wrexham striker Paul Mullin stirs up controversy

This thread currently has 10,102 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
IlkleyMariner
October 25, 2022, 6:52pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,038
Gold Stars: 69
Think mullin should stick to footy
We beat them
Last year remember
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 125
chaos33
October 25, 2022, 6:56pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,984
Gold Stars: 361

He is obviously entitled to his view, but as Wrexham FC pointed out he is not entitled to have it on his workwear.

Fair enough. Can’t argue. But he’s not ‘demonising’ anyone.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 125
October 25, 2022, 7:00pm
Guest User
Quoted from ska face
Surely not the “keep politics out of football” debate merely weeks before everyone has to have a poppy on their shirt?

FFS

Reply: 32 - 125
grimps
October 25, 2022, 7:03pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,137
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from chaos33

Fair enough. Can’t argue. But he’s not ‘demonising’ anyone.

I’m pretty sure if I worked in a bank or supermarket and had F**C the Tory’s on my uniform I would soon be out of a job
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 125
codcheeky
October 25, 2022, 7:16pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,252
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from grimps

I’m pretty sure if I worked in a bank or supermarket and had F**C the Tory’s on my uniform I would soon be out of a job

What a strange irrelevant thing to say , I presume neither you or Mr Mullin work in either establishment.  From what I have read someone who makes  designs for boots has customised s pair for him apparently based  on a chant that is de rigueur at the moment among Wrexham fans, they posted a pic on social media and waited for the inevitable publicity, perhaps with the judgement that around 75% of the voting population agree with the sentiment at the moment. He is free to have his own opinion and in this country is still free to express it whatever the snowflakes who complain about cancel culture and then want to cancel freedom of expression when they don't like what is being said think.
Those who are frightened of discussion about politics or in any field are frightened of democracy.  Perhaps politics should only be discussed through the pages of the daily mail or Guardian?
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 125
sonofmadeleymariner
October 25, 2022, 7:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
I think if you're going to have players do things as a club like wear rainbow laces, take the knee, and poppies on shirts to name a couple (not saying theirs anything wrong or right about any of these just picked a few out) you can't really moan if a player wearing his boots expressing a political view of their own. It's just a case of the club making a statement like they have separated their views from those of the player.

An option going forward is doing something similar to what the NFL does for instance. In the NFL they don't allow any sort of freedom for things like rainbow laces, taking the knee, etc instead they have a based week/month wear they all celebrate as franchises then it stops. However, they do have 1 week where every player wears custom boots to celebrate what they want, charity, political views, family, whatever they want. Maybe this is something the FA could look at as it seems obvious its the way the game will go.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 125
chaos33
October 25, 2022, 7:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,984
Gold Stars: 361
Quoted from grimps

And?

Not the point is it.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 125
codcheeky
October 25, 2022, 7:48pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,252
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from pontoonlew
I’d never personally vote Tory and I think the Tory party themselves have proven why that is in bucket loads.

However, as a supposedly democratic nation, it doesn’t sit well with me how people who also don’t vote Tory choose to demonise those that do. How somebody else votes is completely up to them and to abuse somebody for doing so makes you worse than them IMO.

I’d go so far as to say people doing that are what pushed people towards voting for them in the first place.

So people vote Tory because of people point out the damage that the Tories and the people who mindlessly vote them in after years of failure have caused.   I think that is a very strange mind set. They have trashed the economy and looked after their own as they always do,  before the last election a working class bloke in Hartlepool pointed out without irony the increase in food banks as a massive Tory success,  come the next election they will demonize the opposition with their mates in the media and billionaire backers and the serfs will tug the forelock and fall in line again.
They are so poor they couldn't even find two decent candidates to stand for PM. If it was true that people vote for the demonized Corbyn would be PM  now,  he frightened those with power and got the full treatment
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 125
grimps
October 25, 2022, 8:03pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,137
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from codcheeky

What a strange irrelevant thing to say , I presume neither you or Mr Mullin work in either establishment.  From what I have read someone who makes  designs for boots has customised s pair for him apparently based  on a chant that is de rigueur at the moment among Wrexham fans, they posted a pic on social media and waited for the inevitable publicity, perhaps with the judgement that around 75% of the voting population agree with the sentiment at the moment. He is free to have his own opinion and in this country is still free to express it whatever the snowflakes who complain about cancel culture and then want to cancel freedom of expression when they don't like what is being said think.
Those who are frightened of discussion about politics or in any field are frightened of democracy.  Perhaps politics should only be discussed through the pages of the daily mail or Guardian?

So when I player wears  his Up The BNP boots or F**c a BLM Tee shirt you wouldn’t have any complaints ?

Players have the right to wear what they like outside of football and post comments as they please on social media , I believe politics should be kept off the pitch
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 125
dapperz fun pub
October 25, 2022, 8:06pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,046
Gold Stars: 84
He’s right fuckk the tories … this present shambles of Tory in house fighting as crashed the economy copulated the nhs and delivered brexit based on BS only 5 years ago our economy was 90% of germanys now it’s 70% and dwindling. We’ve become a laughing stock on the global stage it truly is a disgrace we’re nothing short of a banana republic just banging leaders in Willy nilly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 125
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Wrexham striker Paul Mullin stirs up controversy

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.