Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Wrexham striker Paul Mullin stirs up controversy
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
Jackal and 58 Guests

Wrexham striker Paul Mullin stirs up controversy

This thread currently has 10,091 views. Print
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
thefish
October 25, 2022, 4:45pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
Sadly, it is impossible to ‘keep politics out of football’: the two are too heavily entwined. Brexit/ taxes/ political corruption, have all affected football one way or another in recent years!

However, certain professions require the people within them to be unbiased/politically neutral (at times), and due to the fact that most football club’s fan bases span the broad political spectrum, footballers need to be neutral as they cross the white line.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 125
chaos33
October 25, 2022, 5:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,983
Gold Stars: 361
Quoted from pontoonlew
I’d never personally vote Tory and I think the Tory party themselves have proven why that is in bucket loads.

However, as a supposedly democratic nation, it doesn’t sit well with me how people who also don’t vote Tory choose to demonise those that do. How somebody else votes is completely up to them and to abuse somebody for doing so makes you worse than them IMO.

I’d go so far as to say people doing that are what pushed people towards voting for them in the first place.

Mullin isnt doing that though is he. That’s his view. I like him for it.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 125
chaos33
October 25, 2022, 5:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Civvy at last

No I don’t.
As a scouser I very much doubt he gives a sh1t about absolutely anything but himself.

Sweeping generalisation there. Well done.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 125
Bristol Mariner
October 25, 2022, 5:14pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
What would Lia Nicki say, anyone seen her?

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 125
Gaffer58
October 25, 2022, 5:35pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 33
As someone who can’t be arsed to vote nowadays,but I do wish someone who knows more then I could explain how the Labour Party distributes the country’s wealth more evenly then the Tory’s. 40 odd years ago being on the steelworks we went on a 3 month strike for a pay award, flying pickets and all that, then Mrs Thatcher cam3 to power and over the next few years brought in various industrial rules regarding calling strikes, picketing etc. my question is how man of these laws did Tony Blair rescind during his 10 years of office.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 125
lew chaterleys lover
October 25, 2022, 6:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,746
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from chaos33

Mullin isnt doing that though is he. That’s his view. I like him for it.

But that is the point. You like him for it but a lot of Wrexham fans are angry with him either because they have different political views or more generally for the club making all the wrong headlines.

If the lino in their game tonight is a Tory and keeps flagging him offside he has only himself to blame!
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 125
Chrisblor
October 25, 2022, 6:20pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,945
Gold Stars: 239

But that is the point. You like him for it but a lot of Wrexham fans are angry with him either because they have different political views or more generally for the club making all the wrong headlines.

If the lino in their game tonight is a Tory and keeps flagging him offside he has only himself to blame!

Calling the leader of the Scottish Conservatives a "Tory illegitimate" while he was running the line didn't seem to do Montrose, who won 2-0, any harm on Saturday:

Tweet 1583814009048137730 will appear here...

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 125
TheRealJohnLewis
October 25, 2022, 6:34pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from blundellpork
I would happily remove all political elements from football- poppy on shirt, kneeling down, rainbow laces, political slogans. Sport should be about the sport.

Quite simply, people should be decent to one another, and if people aren’t decent, whether that’s racist, homophobic etc, then they should be dealt with robustly

Rainbow laces aren't a political statement more of an ethical one.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 125
chaos33
October 25, 2022, 6:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker

Catch on…..The point is…Mullin isn’t ‘demonising anyone who votes Tory’, as was claimed, and it’s silly to say he is.
He’s stitched his own view into his boots. That’s it. If some people don’t like it…tough. If they’re offended, they should get over it and stop being a snowflake whilst calling other people snowflakes. Poverty, Suella Braverman, disgusting government officials who lie and cheat and steal,  and inequality and corruption etc etc offend me. Where do I send my list? You have your view. I’ll have mine. Mullin can have his.  He isn’t commenting on them. He isn’t saying ‘f@ck the Tories’ and anyone who votes for them is a (insert insult here). If Wrexham stop him and fine him etc….that’s their call. The point is ….Mullin has expressed his view on a political party. He’s entitled to. He hasn’t ‘demonised’ any poor souls who don’t agree.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 125
lew chaterleys lover
October 25, 2022, 6:51pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,746
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from chaos33

Catch on…..The point is…Mullin isn’t ‘demonising anyone who votes Tory’, as was claimed, and it’s silly to say he is.
He’s stitched his own view into his boots. That’s it. If some people don’t like it…tough. If they’re offended, they should get over it and stop being a snowflake whilst calling other people snowflakes. Poverty, Suella Braverman, disgusting government officials who lie and cheat and steal,  and inequality and corruption etc etc offend me. Where do I send my list? You have your view. I’ll have mine. Mullin can have his.  He isn’t commenting on them. He isn’t saying ‘f@ck the Tories’ and anyone who votes for them is a (insert insult here). If Wrexham stop him and fine him etc….that’s their call. The point is ….Mullin has expressed his view on a political party. He’s entitled to. He hasn’t ‘demonised’ any poor souls who don’t agree.

He is obviously entitled to his view, but as Wrexham FC pointed out he is not entitled to have it on his workwear.
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 125
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Wrexham striker Paul Mullin stirs up controversy

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.