Mariner_09
September 24, 2022, 7:28pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from mimma
Thought we lacked urgency all over the pitch. Swindon are a big side and easily out muscled us. Refs seem to have it in for Taylor, he gives away free kicks which are nothing, yet allows centre halves to manhandle him.

With Green and Morris out of the side particularly having been replaced with Hunt, we’re less physical and smaller. This manifests itself in being ‘bullied’ or ‘overrun’ in midfield and in our diminishing threat from set pieces.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 119
moosey_club
September 24, 2022, 7:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,277
Gold Stars: 226
Beaten by a better team end of. Stronger quicker more organised more fluid....alot of posts saying we were poor...or was that they were just better ?

Positives....Hurst switched it up at half time which improved the balance of the game

Negatives....took us nearly twenty minutes to get going and register a chance against the ten men.

Last year they were pushing for League 1 and we were non league.....not too dispondent with that perspective on it.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 119
headingly_mariner
September 24, 2022, 7:37pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,391
Gold Stars: 120
Also the atmosphere was flipping excrement again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 119
MuddyWaters
September 24, 2022, 7:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,277
Gold Stars: 236
Green, Khan, JMD and either Pepple or Orsi need to start Tuesday.
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 119
DaleH
September 24, 2022, 7:56pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +815
Gold Stars: 168
It disappoints me to say, like many of the discerning supporters that enjoy watching good football, that I really enjoyed watching Swindon play football and control the game in the first half.

They kept the ball well, moved and passed the ball well, and looked like a team that will be real contenders this season.

I’d have to say also, that I fully appreciated their second half antics with 10 men, when they payed it exactly how I’d want Town to play it in that exact situation too. Professional approach to wasting time, disrupting the ebb and flow of the game, to prevent us gaining any momentum for most of the first half.

Town we’re not at it today, even though we should have forced an equaliser on more than one occasion. Their keeper did very well didn’t he, and I guess that was their GK coach that went to him at full time to congratulate him in the goal area.

I think we will see changes on Tuesday. Khan to start for me, maybe Cropper too (assuming he’s fit). I think we might see as many as four - five changes

We will be fine though this season and I’m still feeling highly positive about our prospects

Time to resurrect my Fishy signature again. So here goes.

"BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 119
easypeersy
September 24, 2022, 8:13pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 11
Awim away, awim away
Awim away, Awim away
We’re the Grimsby, the Mighty Grimsby!
We only win away!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 119
TAGG
September 24, 2022, 8:14pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,939
Gold Stars: 126
Tuesday go to a back 3 Maher, Waterfall, Smith
That takes out Efete and Glennon who have been under par and gives us more options in midfield.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 119
MuddyWaters
September 24, 2022, 8:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from DaleH
It disappoints me to say, like many of the discerning supporters that enjoy watching good football, that I really enjoyed watching Swindon play football and control the game in the first half.

They kept the ball well, moved and passed the ball well, and looked like a team that will be real contenders this season.

I’d have to say also, that I fully appreciated their second half antics with 10 men, when they payed it exactly how I’d want Town to play it in that exact situation too. Professional approach to wasting time, disrupting the ebb and flow of the game, to prevent us gaining any momentum for most of the first half.

Town we’re not at it today, even though we should have forced an equaliser on more than one occasion. Their keeper did very well didn’t he, and I guess that was their GK coach that went to him at full time to congratulate him in the goal area.

I think we will see changes on Tuesday. Khan to start for me, maybe Cropper too (assuming he’s fit). I think we might see as many as four - five changes

We will be fine though this season and I’m still feeling highly positive about our prospects

Steve Mildenhall is their goalie coach, Gavin Gunning also on their coaching staff.
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 119
MuddyWaters
September 24, 2022, 8:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from TAGG
Tuesday go to a back 3 Maher, Waterfall, Smith
That takes out Efete and Glennon who have been under par and gives us more options in midfield.

You then need wing backs!
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 119
Theimperialcoroner
September 24, 2022, 8:19pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,244
Gold Stars: 102
People say we didn’t really get at them after the red, for the 15 mins or so immediately after, hardly any football was played. They managed it perfectly enable by a ref who only dealt with it when it became so embarrassingly obvious that he had no choice.
Once we did get going, we probably should have got something out of it. Other games we have, today was maybe one too far.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 119
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.