12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Mariner_501
September 24, 2022, 5:45pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +224
Gold Stars: 28
Efete been comfortably our worst first team player so far this season. Cropper needs a go when fit
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 119
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
September 24, 2022, 5:50pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,698
Gold Stars: 72
At the starting lineup I could see an argument for keeping it the same, but had some doubts, I feel that a manager should be able to rotate a squad especially in attack without worrying the whole team dynamic will collapse as a result. It is what it is today, ive let out my frustration in regards to a player who looks quality every time I see him play. Gotta be able to utilise a whole squad though, especially if you were to manage a club at championship level  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 119
ginnywings
September 24, 2022, 5:50pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
We still look like a work in progress, which is understandable.

Swindon were a good side but we still made things easy for them with a rare off day for the defence.

Think there is more to come from us when all the new players are integrated into the side and we definitely miss Morris.

Should really have taken a point but the big chances fell to the wrong players and I can't say the they didn't deserve the 3 points over 90 mins.

We never really took advantage of the sending off and the weakest part of the team is in the final third. Was hoping Orsi would get a chance or two today but he didn't get into the game. JMD makes things happen and for me needs to be fitted into the team somehow
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 119
gobby
September 24, 2022, 5:54pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +776
Gold Stars: 7
Got what we deserved. Move on and go again Tuesday.

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 119
TwoLeftFeet
September 24, 2022, 5:56pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,093
Gold Stars: 18
We were second best esp 1st half our midfield lost the battle and their right sided players got the better of Glennon .

Not sure what Kiernan adds to the team, JMD surely has to have a start on Tuesday.

Think we have had a decent start to the season tho being 10th with a game in hand, would be nice to get a win at home tho..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 119
TAGG
September 24, 2022, 6:00pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,940
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Harsh on Hunt. Thought Holohan had a shocker.

Ye not to good.
Hunt and Holohan can't play together.
Drop one of them and stick Harry in there.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 119
Hagrid
September 24, 2022, 6:02pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,475
Gold Stars: 536
Wouldnt say Efete has been “ garbage” as you put it lew. He just looks a man devoid of any confidence to me. His attacking threat has just gone, today he never once looked like beating his man
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 119
mimma
September 24, 2022, 6:06pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
Thought we lacked urgency all over the pitch. Swindon are a big side and easily out muscled us. Refs seem to have it in for Taylor, he gives away free kicks which are nothing, yet allows centre halves to manhandle him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 119
Withnail
September 24, 2022, 6:06pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 36
Well that was a reality check.

Had we won a lot (myself included) would no doubt be speculating about us being able to sneak an automatic promotion place this season, let alone the play offs. It's still very early doors, so who knows.

But may be it's no bad thing for us fans to bounce back down to earth with a thump after our amazing results on the road of late.

I thought Swindon were good - but not great.

We weren't at our best today with some under par performances.

Most worrying for me was Efete who looks shot of confidence. The number of times he looked like he was going to bomb on only to check then play the ball back was telling.

Kiernan never really threatened them and Hunt was the hunted rather than the hunter today.

As others have already pointed out, today also highlighted our lack of a natural born goal scorer up top.

I'd like to see Amos, Orsi and JMD all start the next game, as unlikely as that is.

Disappointing day at the office but had one of those efforts at the end flown in I'd have been happy with a point.

Onwards. UTM!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 119
acko338
September 24, 2022, 6:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,230
Gold Stars: 33
Swindon were faster than us, far more accurate in their passing and had sussed that Glennon was slower than their winger, and Efete looks like he is both carrying a knock and lacking confidence because of the knock.

Smith seemed put out by both wingers having free runs.

Glennon perhaps lucky to stay on with a couple of rash tackles?

Too many longer forward passes going astray while there's sent forwards towards goal.

Eventually JMD got some accuracy into late attacks, but no finishers able to.put the ball away.

A game to forget really, couldn't make the extra man pay, and they did everything right to block Town's efforts late on.

Not promotion standard on that showing - work to be done !!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 119
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.