Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Lower Smith's racism/homophobic comment?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
scrumble and 8 Guests

Lower Smith's racism/homophobic comment?

This thread currently has 27,334 views. Print
38 Pages Prev ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
November 25, 2021, 12:39am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

The answer appears to be yes they are.

They still are.

It’s like them saying because Churchill was a massive racist* he shouldn’t have called Hitler out on it.

* and if you don’t think he was, you know nothing about your country’s most lauded politician.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 340 - 371
Humbercod
November 25, 2021, 11:13am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,487
Gold Stars: 82
Meanwhile an innocent ex England cricket legend remains on Lepers island.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 341 - 371
codcheeky
November 26, 2021, 8:20am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Humbercod
Meanwhile an innocent ex England cricket legend remains on Lepers island.

You think he is innocent because he says he is,  or because what numerous people claim he said is ok, or just because he is a hero of yours and you would like him to be innocent ?  Cricket has a problem it looks like it is being forced to deal with , surely this is a good thing?
Private Message
Reply: 342 - 371
Humbercod
November 26, 2021, 1:05pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,487
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from codcheeky

You think he is innocent because he says he is,  or because what numerous people claim he said is ok, or just because he is a hero of yours and you would like him to be innocent ?  Cricket has a problem it looks like it is being forced to deal with , surely this is a good thing?

You are aware we still live in a country where you are supposed to be innocent until proven otherwise, Vaughan strongly denies the allegation the main accuser a self confessed racist has no credibility.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 343 - 371
codcheeky
November 26, 2021, 1:32pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Humbercod

You are aware we still live in a country where you are supposed to be innocent until proven otherwise, Vaughan strongly denies the allegation the main accuser a self confessed racist has no credibility.

Presumed innocent is not innocent,  there are a few backing up the allegations, you or I do not know the exact truth but why have these allegations been made? Why would he have been singled out when I am sure Rafiq would have been advised that those with a vested interest in discrediting Rafiq would go through every Facebook message and tweet he has ever made to look for the slightest thing they can use.   This is why there are so few whistle blowers, none of us have a perfect record,  I have stereotyped Scots in exactly the same way as he stereotyped Jews, calling them tight, ( I was born and brought up in an age of stereotypes) he at least admits he was wrong and has apologised, thousands of complaints are coming to light in the sport not just in Yorkshire.   You can pay attention to all the deflection and choose to believe what you like, Yorkshire have admitted they were wrong and are not denying racist incidents happened, that their club captain at the time cannot recall anything is very strange and very convenient.
Private Message
Reply: 344 - 371
darren9
November 26, 2021, 2:24pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Approval: +607
Gold Stars: 39
I’ve just checked my emails and I have a number from several different places about it being ‘black Friday’ what sort of woke, liberal, leftie snowflake rubbish is this? Why can’t they just leave it alone? I’m fuming. When is white Friday?

#allfridaysmatter

Twitter: @DarrenLeeNewman
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 345 - 371
lew chaterleys lover
November 26, 2021, 4:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from codcheeky

Presumed innocent is not innocent,  there are a few backing up the allegations, you or I do not know the exact truth but why have these allegations been made? Why would he have been singled out when I am sure Rafiq would have been advised that those with a vested interest in discrediting Rafiq would go through every Facebook message and tweet he has ever made to look for the slightest thing they can use.   This is why there are so few whistle blowers, none of us have a perfect record,  I have stereotyped Scots in exactly the same way as he stereotyped Jews, calling them tight, ( I was born and brought up in an age of stereotypes) he at least admits he was wrong and has apologised, thousands of complaints are coming to light in the sport not just in Yorkshire.   You can pay attention to all the deflection and choose to believe what you like, Yorkshire have admitted they were wrong and are not denying racist incidents happened, that their club captain at the time cannot recall anything is very strange and very convenient.

Isn't Michael Vaughan allowed a fair trial? Or indeed any trial?

A fantastic career is being overshadowed by an allegation. Nobody else has ever accused him of wrongdoing during a long and distinguished career and he has played the game with teammates and opposition all around the world and been part of multicultural squads for months on end.

The Yorkshire ripper got a fair trial. This Yorkshireman has been trashed by an allegation he said something once, without knowing the context, whether he was replying to something, whether it was jocular or whether it was actually said at all, as some team members have intimated.

The whole thing absolutely stinks and the person who has trashed his reputation is PROVEN to be a racist himself and also proven to be a man of dubious character in other matters as reported in the press. You could not make this up if you tried.
Private Message
Reply: 346 - 371
Stadium
November 26, 2021, 5:30pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19

Isn't Michael Vaughan allowed a fair trial? Or indeed any trial?

A fantastic career is being overshadowed by an allegation. Nobody else has ever accused him of wrongdoing during a long and distinguished career and he has played the game with teammates and opposition all around the world and been part of multicultural squads for months on end.

The Yorkshire ripper got a fair trial. This Yorkshireman has been trashed by an allegation he said something once, without knowing the context, whether he was replying to something, whether it was jocular or whether it was actually said at all, as some team members have intimated.

The whole thing absolutely stinks and the person who has trashed his reputation is PROVEN to be a racist himself and also proven to be a man of dubious character in other matters as reported in the press. You could not make this up if you tried.

Don't worry, Piers is on the case.
Haha.

Tweet 1463480490434908166 will appear here...

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 347 - 371
lew chaterleys lover
November 26, 2021, 6:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Stadium

Don't worry, Piers is on the case.
Haha.

Tweet 1463480490434908166 will appear here...

I am pleased you find it funny. If you were accused of something at work would you expect to lose your livelihood if you vehemently denied it after decades of service without a blemish on your record? Would you expect some sort of hearing?

Good on Piers anyway for highlighting the disgusting lack of due process and victimisation.  
Private Message
Reply: 348 - 371
Stadium
November 26, 2021, 6:06pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,926
Gold Stars: 19

I am pleased you find it funny. If you were accused of something at work would you expect to lose your livelihood if you vehemently denied it after decades of service without a blemish on your record? Would you expect some sort of hearing?

Good on Piers anyway for highlighting the disgusting lack of due process and victimisation.  

Are you been serious ??

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/mirror-editor-morgan-sacked-over-fake-photos-1.1140560

Once again, Piers Morgan has showed he simply did not know when to stop.

Seventeen years ago, he was fired as editor of the Daily Mirror after publishing faked Iraqi prisoner abuse photographs. A decade later, he was axed by CNN after he lost his US audience over a series of lectures over gun control.

Yet, until now, Morgan has found a way of bouncing back, able even to justify failures that would have killed other careers. But his persistent attacks on Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, appeared increasingly insensitive, to the point where even he could no longer justify them.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 349 - 371
38 Pages Prev ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Lower Smith's racism/homophobic comment?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.