Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Lower Smith's racism/homophobic comment?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 40 Guests

Lower Smith's racism/homophobic comment?

This thread currently has 27,337 views. Print
38 Pages Prev ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 Next All Recommend Thread
Humbercod
November 27, 2021, 8:19am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,487
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from codcheeky

If it was just one word against another I’m sure that would be the case, others have confirmed what Vaughn said, or do you believe they are just making it up, I ask again what possible motive could they have for singling Vaughn out of it’s not true. It doesn’t prove him guilty but this will not go to court so that’s pretty immaterial. If one of your work colleagues complained about something you said and others heard it and confirmed it your denial becomes a little suspect.
The BBC are  in for criticism whichever path they take and have decided it would be wisest not to have the distraction of Vaughn being the focus .
Piers Morgan should have been locked up years ago for illegally tapping phones , a man of his characters opinion counts for very little

So the alleged hurty words 12 years ago was the ‘you lot’ comment FFS!
Just to play devils advocate for a minute and say that he did say this, well in what context with what intent? It could well of been a term of endearment lost in translation.

If we go back to the game in question v Nottingham 2009 when the alleged comment was made ahead of the game, there is video footage showing Vaughan shaking hands with the four players prior to the match, Vaughan remembers this clearly as the match was the first time in Yorkshire’s history that four players of Asian heritage had been selected in the same team.

Now if they where so traumatised by this ‘you lot’ comment surety at least one of them would of refused to shake the hand of this racist! It’s an a absolute joke!

I’m surprised you’re asking about a motive as Rafiq’s financial/gambling problems have been very well documented, yes three others say they heard this comment…. ‘you lot’😂 sorry every time I type ‘you lot’ I’m shaking my head! But these three are Asians so no surprise,No one else heard it.. no players, coaches no one, Maybe they are all racists covering for a racist team mate it’s just bullshit!

The BBC only take one path and that’s the woke PC one which is why Vaughan is banned, 100% expect to see Rafiq on the BBC in some form or other. ‘Cowards’  Monty Panesar says!

Agree with you on Morgan though he should of done big time for what he did a nasty vile man.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 360 - 371
lew chaterleys lover
November 27, 2021, 8:52am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,745
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Humbercod

So the alleged hurty words 12 years ago was the ‘you lot’ comment FFS!
Just to play devils advocate for a minute and say that he did say this, well in what context with what intent? It could well of been a term of endearment lost in translation.

If we go back to the game in question v Nottingham 2009 when the alleged comment was made ahead of the game, there is video footage showing Vaughan shaking hands with the four players prior to the match, Vaughan remembers this clearly as the match was the first time in Yorkshire’s history that four players of Asian heritage had been selected in the same team.

Now if they where so traumatised by this ‘you lot’ comment surety at least one of them would of refused to shake the hand of this racist! It’s an a absolute joke!

I’m surprised you’re asking about a motive as Rafiq’s financial/gambling problems have been very well documented, yes three others say they heard this comment…. ‘you lot’😂 sorry every time I type ‘you lot’ I’m shaking my head! But these three are Asians so no surprise,No one else heard it.. no players, coaches no one, Maybe they are all racists covering for a racist team mate it’s just bullshit!

The BBC only take one path and that’s the woke PC one which is why Vaughan is banned, 100% expect to see Rafiq on the BBC in some form or other. ‘Cowards’  Monty Panesar says!

Agree with you on Morgan though he should of done big time for what he did a nasty vile man.

I agree with that. The Morgan thing was brought up by another poster in order to mock him. Regardless of his past history he is one of very few people in the public eye who dare to speak up as the rest are terrified of being "cancelled."

Private Message
Reply: 361 - 371
Humbercod
November 27, 2021, 10:07am
Cocktail Drinker

I agree with that. The Morgan thing was brought up by another poster in order to mock him. Regardless of his past history he is one of very few people in the public eye who dare to speak up as the rest are terrified of being "cancelled."

Absolutely! Putting his sick pursuit of the soldiers to one side for a minute, he is someone who I tend to agree with a lot of the time, he showed great character to be fair when he refused to bow down to his woke TV bosses technically cancelling himself, and it was nice to see him proven correct on the issue.

I think we are wasting our time though Lew! some on here cannot be reasoned with, the truth is that for them Michael Vaughan has the wrong ethnicity and the wrong culture to be deemed innocent!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 362 - 371
aldi_01
November 27, 2021, 11:16am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
You know that they’re not really banning the Union flag?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 363 - 371
codcheeky
November 28, 2021, 9:59am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Humbercod

Absolutely! Putting his sick pursuit of the soldiers to one side for a minute, he is someone who I tend to agree with a lot of the time, he showed great character to be fair when he refused to bow down to his woke TV bosses technically cancelling himself, and it was nice to see him proven correct on the issue.

I think we are wasting our time though Lew! some on here cannot be reasoned with, the truth is that for them Michael Vaughan has the wrong ethnicity and the wrong culture to be deemed innocent!

I see Vaughn has apologised for his past racist tweets, will you condemn him as you have Rafiq ?These tweets from around that time add to the circumstantial evidence against him, nobody in this comes out glowing but surely what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander
Private Message
Reply: 364 - 371
Humbercod
November 28, 2021, 11:51am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from codcheeky

I see Vaughn has apologised for his past racist tweets, will you condemn him as you have Rafiq ?These tweets from around that time add to the circumstantial evidence against him, nobody in this comes out glowing but surely what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander

I have not seen the entirety of these tweets so I couldn’t comment without taking the context into consideration. Although the first tweet does seen quite factual to be honest.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 365 - 371
codcheeky
November 28, 2021, 2:02pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +1,251
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Humbercod

I have not seen the entirety of these tweets so I couldn’t comment without taking the context into consideration. Although the first tweet does seen quite factual to be honest.

Why has he apologised then ? They are racist but you don’t like to admit for some reason. He knows it everyone without rose tinted glasses knows it you know it but want to pretend they are not to fit your narrative. Your opinion is so ingrained even evidence can’t alter it
Private Message
Reply: 366 - 371
Humbercod
November 28, 2021, 3:47pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from codcheeky

Why has he apologised then ? They are racist but you don’t like to admit for some reason. He knows it everyone without rose tinted glasses knows it you know it but want to pretend they are not to fit your narrative. Your opinion is so ingrained even evidence can’t alter it

Nothing stating the tweets were Racist! Uncomfortable for the snowflakes yes but stating that the English people in London are now in the majority is certainly not racist, a fact yes but nothing racist! The other tweet could be misconstrued as anti Muslim but you would have to be an idiot wouldn’t you, to think that Muslim is a race. He has apologised for the tweets out of embarrassment and to save of what is left of his career, he hasn’t apologised for and continues to deny any racism.

I noted the four accusers as dropped to three with bowler Ajmal Shahzad  saying he had no recollection of the event and "the senior guys were really good to me". 😏
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 367 - 371
KingstonMariner
November 29, 2021, 2:08am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
If he marched down the street in jackboots wearing a swastika armband singing the Horst Wesel Lied, you’d still defend him Humbo.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 368 - 371
Humbercod
November 29, 2021, 7:02am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner
If he marched down the street in jackboots wearing a swastika armband singing the Horst Wesel Lied, you’d still defend him Humbo.

You’re input is invaluable 😳
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 369 - 371
38 Pages Prev ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Lower Smith's racism/homophobic comment?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.