12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Fishy_fishtails
September 19, 2017, 10:06pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: -345
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Final post. JF has said you can't criticise JF. Only a week ago, he (allegedly) told fans to f*** off - hardly appropriate. Many of you may be happy that the club is a stagnant financial force in a situation created by, and perpetuated by being badly run - I'm not. Other than Pete entitling a thread in a an ill-advised way, all he did was voice his opinion about the controlling way in which the club is being run. You know what? He was right.

Thought you had gone?!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 113
KingstonMariner
September 19, 2017, 10:12pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from headingly_mariner

It's funny how people see things so differently. I'd much rather see just the players and coaching staff celebrating on the pitch. I don't want to see the major shareholder running round like they've scored the winner. I can't remember seeing any directors on the pitch at any of our relegations.

Had the club never been lent the cash we don't know where we'd be. Bearing in mind that the absolute worst thing possible happened to Wimbledon at the same time as our decline began and now they're in the league above us. I think it could've gone a lot better.

Couldn't agree more.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 113
KingstonMariner
September 19, 2017, 10:17pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from friskneymariner
What ever his mistakes, and he has made many,he has the courage to stick his head above the parapet and spend his money,abusing him or his family totally out of order.

Where was the abuse of his family?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 113
KingstonMariner
September 19, 2017, 10:20pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from LondonMariner43
While we are at it, I'd love to see an end to posts in general that make vitriolic comments about individuals.

There seems to be some posters who take extremely negative views about individuals in a way that surely isn't in the interests of anyone.

Yes by all means say a player had a bad game or isn't as good as another.  But why do we have to have posts saying player x is rubbish etc.  it's clearly not the case or they wouldn't have a career as a professional footballer.

If someone is a genuinely not pulling their weight it's one thing, but I think all our current players are working hard for success.  Some are more talented than others but can't we be a bit less negative.

Likewise JF.  You may disagree with him but argue your points constructively and not just with a personal vitriol.

Some of the posts on here belittle the Fishy and make it a less enjoyable place to spend time.

I agree with you in principle. But I've not seen any vitriolic comments recently. Now that might be because we have different interpretations, so if you can show examples of vitriolic comments as examples to make it clear where you draw the line, that'd help. I mean that genuinely.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 113
KingstonMariner
September 19, 2017, 10:36pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Funny thread this feels like big trouble in Trumpton. Someone at Mansfield said to me recently that JF gets stick because people are envious of his wealth i sometimes wonder when I read some of the stuff people post.

Now doesn't that count as personal abuse? I know you've not pointed the finger at anyone specific, but with no evidence to back it up you're imputing impure motives to people who criticise JF's control of the club.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 113
KingstonMariner
September 19, 2017, 10:41pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from MarinerWY
Whatever people think of Fenty if they think he isn't a true fan of the club they're obviously blinded by their hate.

Where has anyone said he's not a true fan of the club?

It looks like you're first of all talking about a crime that hasn't happened and then reading motives into the people that supposedly did what hasn't been done!

I would say you couldn't make it up but......

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 113
KingstonMariner
September 19, 2017, 10:42pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from jock dock tower
Why are people treading on eggshells? On a public forum, as long as common decency isn't compromised then most things are up for discussion. I've always believed in fan ownership of a football club rather than one individual, or an individual with a controlling share as we have at Grimsby. I just don't agree it with, think it's an anachronism, and in the wrong hands - as we've seen at many clubs up and down the country - can be used for personal gain rather than benefiting the club. If it's a good enough model for the Bunsdesliga - with a couple of notable exceptions - it's good enough for me.

Because I believe in this method of ownership doesn't mean I'm going to be hostile to the chairman, although I would always argue my corner most vociferously, but I just feel we should move on from where we are now. What worries me about the Pete thing is that I never saw anything that was downright nasty to John Fenty in his post, he was arguing the point about who actually spoke for the club, and yet we're led to believe that Pete has effectively been silenced on the matter? It's a disturbing trend if true.

You're right about that. Not the second bit maybe, as Pete himself has pointed out.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 113
Bigdog
September 19, 2017, 10:53pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Fishy_fishtails
No one is saying you can't or shouldn't have an opinion of what you have said there but my argument is that it is all aimed at Johns way he isn't the only board member but he is the one who is most berated just lately. There have been threads started about his family, who we know are fans also, they also pay for their seat. I pay for mine and my sons, I take him week in week out and I am also entitled to an opinion but you won't see me voice it on here because I'm not a judgemental fool like most!!!

Only the seven posts on this thread alone  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 113
TheRealJohnLewis
September 19, 2017, 10:53pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Where has anyone said he's not a true fan of the club?

It looks like you're first of all talking about a crime that hasn't happened and then reading motives into the people that supposedly did what hasn't been done!

I would say you couldn't make it up but......

I doubt he's a true fan, I believe that he was a businessman hoping to board a gravy train, when that train derailed and crashed with ITV digital, he's now waiting for the right opportunity to recoup his losses, in the form of the Fentydome.  

No hated of the man, not that I particularly like him and believe we need to find a way forward without him at the helm.
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 113
KingstonMariner
September 19, 2017, 11:00pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

I doubt he's a true fan, I believe that he was a businessman hoping to board a gravy train, when that train derailed and crashed with ITV digital, he's now waiting for the right opportunity to recoup his losses, in the form of the Fentydome.  

No hated of the man, not that I particularly like him and believe we need to find a way forward without him at the helm.

Make a lier of me why don't you!

I think he's been around following the Town a lot longer than that. He might have got on board/on the Board in the early Noughties but that coincided with him selling Five Star Fish didn't it, giving him the money to invest/spend/chuckaway?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 113
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Purpose of The Fishy

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.