LondonMariner43
September 19, 2017, 9:04pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,935
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from MuddyWaters

If a fan has a passion for his/her football team, there's always a likelihood that there will be some vitriolic comments when things go wrong. Facts are that more has gone wrong than right over the last 15 years - are you trying to sanitise this forum so we are not allowed to criticise anybody? If so, I'm out.

No - I'm saying it would be better all round if we treated others with respect.  Would you expect your boss to tell you that you are effing useless if you make a mistake?

Criticism is fine.  I just hate the way certain players etc get singled out for perpetual, unbalanced criticism.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 113
MuddyWaters
September 19, 2017, 9:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Fishy_fishtails
Ffs! Another thread that's turned into an anti-JF post!!!! Haven't you got anything better to do than worry yourselves about JF and his Money?!?

Mmm...let's think why the independence of this site is, in your mind, linked to JF and his money. The thread was started by me because I was/am concerned that the opinions of some are being sanitised and censored by others. I, along with many others, pay for a seat at Blundell Park to watch the football team that I'm passionate about. If I'm not entitled to have an independent opinion on an independent board about GTFC is run, how a player has played, how excrement the stadium is, how cold the tea is etc. then please tell me why. As far as I know, there aren't any other football clubs that are run that way.
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 113
ginnywings
September 19, 2017, 9:14pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Pete has already said that he wasn't told to stop posting and Rob has said it was his decision to pull the thread and he explained why, so i don't get where this particular thread is going anymore.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 113
Fishy_fishtails
September 19, 2017, 9:17pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: -345
No one is saying you can't or shouldn't have an opinion of what you have said there but my argument is that it is all aimed at Johns way he isn't the only board member but he is the one who is most berated just lately. There have been threads started about his family, who we know are fans also, they also pay for their seat. I pay for mine and my sons, I take him week in week out and I am also entitled to an opinion but you won't see me voice it on here because I'm not a judgemental fool like most!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 113
MuddyWaters
September 19, 2017, 9:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings
Pete has already said that he wasn't told to stop posting and Rob has said it was his decision to pull the thread and he explained why, so i don't get where this particular thread is going anymore.

Yep, I agree. Pull this thread too and any other that is vaguely critical of our glorious leader. Bye for now, fellow Fishys - I enjoyed your company.
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 113
Fishy_fishtails
September 19, 2017, 9:28pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: -345
Oh so you are allowed an opinion if you're against JF but not allowed one or its gets pulled apart if you're not?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 113
ginnywings
September 19, 2017, 9:32pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Yep, I agree. Pull this thread too and any other that is vaguely critical of our glorious leader. Bye for now, fellow Fishys - I enjoyed your company.

Well i never said that did i?

I've been critical in the past but i thought the thread that prompted this thread was ill advised at best.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 113
mariner91
September 19, 2017, 9:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,578
Gold Stars: 260
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Don't be so ridiculous. Nobody has said you can't criticise JF, he's had plenty of it on here recently. Some of it justified, some of it not so much. What overstepped the mark was where it got personal and posters started involving his family. That's crossing a line. By all means, criticise his chairmanship (or non-chairmanship) but do it in a civil manner, that is all anyone has said.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 113
MuddyWaters
September 19, 2017, 10:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from mariner91

Don't be so ridiculous. Nobody has said you can't criticise JF, he's had plenty of it on here recently. Some of it justified, some of it not so much. What overstepped the mark was where it got personal and posters started involving his family. That's crossing a line. By all means, criticise his chairmanship (or non-chairmanship) but do it in a civil manner, that is all anyone has said.

Final post. JF has said you can't criticise JF. Only a week ago, he (allegedly) told fans to f*** off - hardly appropriate. Many of you may be happy that the club is a stagnant financial force in a situation created by, and perpetuated by being badly run - I'm not. Other than Pete entitling a thread in a an ill-advised way, all he did was voice his opinion about the controlling way in which the club is being run. You know what? He was right.
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 113
Hagrid
September 19, 2017, 10:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 529
Oh dear  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 113
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Purpose of The Fishy

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.