12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
LondonMariner43
September 19, 2017, 7:07pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,935
Gold Stars: 64
While we are at it, I'd love to see an end to posts in general that make vitriolic comments about individuals.

There seems to be some posters who take extremely negative views about individuals in a way that surely isn't in the interests of anyone.

Yes by all means say a player had a bad game or isn't as good as another.  But why do we have to have posts saying player x is rubbish etc.  it's clearly not the case or they wouldn't have a career as a professional footballer.

If someone is a genuinely not pulling their weight it's one thing, but I think all our current players are working hard for success.  Some are more talented than others but can't we be a bit less negative.

Likewise JF.  You may disagree with him but argue your points constructively and not just with a personal vitriol.

Some of the posts on here belittle the Fishy and make it a less enjoyable place to spend time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 113
friskneymariner
September 19, 2017, 7:16pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
What ever his mistakes, and he has made many,he has the courage to stick his head above the parapet and spend his money,abusing him or his family totally out of order.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 113
MuddyWaters
September 19, 2017, 7:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from LondonMariner43

Likewise JF.  You may disagree with him but argue your points constructively and not just with a personal vitriol.

Some of the posts on here belittle the Fishy and make it a less enjoyable place to spend time.

If a fan has a passion for his/her football team, there's always a likelihood that there will be some vitriolic comments when things go wrong. Facts are that more has gone wrong than right over the last 15 years - are you trying to sanitise this forum so we are not allowed to criticise anybody? If so, I'm out.
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 113
Mrs Doyle
September 19, 2017, 7:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
FFS why  are some people on here ready to press the self destruct button?

WE ARE ALL GTFC AFTER ALL ARE WE NOT?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 113
friskneymariner
September 19, 2017, 7:27pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -4
Approval: +4,157
Gold Stars: 38
OC really like your posts nobody trying to sanitise the Fishy but we can make our points without resorting to personal abuse keep on posting.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day,teach a man to fish and you give him an excuse for him to escape from the wife and kids for the weekend and drink lots of beer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 113
realist
September 19, 2017, 7:44pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,689
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from grimsby pete

So whatever anybody thinks of John I can say he is very approachable and is willing to talk to any fan,

Absolute not. He refused point blank to talk to a group of fans who were againt the PP location at one of the public engagement sessions. The reason for this was he didnt think where they lived would be affected. End of matter.
He cannot take any critism whatsoever. The sooner he goes the better.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 113
MuddyWaters
September 19, 2017, 8:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from grimsby pete

I have not been told or asked to be quiet on here and I am free to say what I think is true,

BUT

Having spoke to John on the phone I can see both sides and I understand certain things could be upsetting if the same thing was said to me.

So whatever anybody thinks of John I can say he is very approachable and is willing to talk to any fan,

Apparently he wasn't very approachable at Accrington last Tuesday night!  
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 113
Grimal
September 19, 2017, 8:25pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
[quote=211]Whatever people think of Fenty if they think he isn't a true fan of the club they're obviously blinded by their hate.

Regarding pro and anti Fenty, do we have to fit in one of those camps? Whatever happened to nuance?[/quote]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think you'll find they disbanded back in 1988 .

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 113
headingly_mariner
September 19, 2017, 8:31pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,320
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from devs
Stop the bitterness towards John Fenty full stop
Express your views in a reasonable and coherent manner (bit of an ask for a few on here) and no one can have any complaints - it's a forum where everyone has an opinion
But the bile and hostility levelled at him over the years has been a disgrace

He's a millionaire fan (a true fan as well - look at the scenes when we won the play off final v FGR) who has made mistakes but without his cash who knows where we might be

I work in the media and I can confirm a lot of what has been written IS libellous and defamatory

It's funny how people see things so differently. I'd much rather see just the players and coaching staff celebrating on the pitch. I don't want to see the major shareholder running round like they've scored the winner. I can't remember seeing any directors on the pitch at any of our relegations.

Had the club never been lent the cash we don't know where we'd be. Bearing in mind that the absolute worst thing possible happened to Wimbledon at the same time as our decline began and now they're in the league above us. I think it could've gone a lot better.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 113
Grimal
September 19, 2017, 8:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,858
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Apparently he wasn't very approachable at Accrington last Tuesday night!  

I think he would have been approachable at Accy ,if mentioning how well the team had done that night.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 113
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Purpose of The Fishy

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.