This thread currently has 10,205 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Cloudy
September 16, 2017, 5:29pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Certainly deserved the points against a very poor Yeovil side. We huffed and puffed but also played well in patches.

Defence was largely sound and despite an air kick in the build up to their goal Summerfield did plenty of good old things. Dembele is perhaps trying too hard and not influencing the game enough.

As others have said Woolford is class despite not charging around like a bull in a china shop that some in the Upper seem to demand.

Howler from their keeper for the first and a quality cross from Dixon for Clarke to head across for Vernon to head home.

A bit panicky at the end but deserved the points for the 3rd win in 4 games
Private Message
ginnywings
September 16, 2017, 5:33pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
Well, we are not scintillating to watch and don't look like we will tear a team apart any time soon, but three wins in four is most welcome and we are starting to see a settled side more or less.

We still have a vulnerability about us and let teams score goals without having to work too hard to get them. A poor pass in midfield put us on the back foot and the ball ends up in our net. We also let them have a free shot at goal straight after we went into the lead for the second time. Slade was going mental on the sidelines.

I think at the moment, we look like a side who won't struggle at the bottom, but won't trouble the top end unless we get a bit more ruthless at both ends of the pitch. Can't see why we  won't improve though over the season, so cause for optimism. Certainly more optimism than there was this time last Saturday. Summerfield was getting loads of abuse from where i was sat and people couldn't wait for him to make the slightest mistake, but i thought he had a decent game. The same guys who were moaning almost went into meltdown when Vernon came on and got some much needed abuse back when he scored, which shut them up finally. Support the team you tossers.

Woolford was the best player for me and looks a very good signing. Yeovil weren't up to much but we still made hard work of beating them, but beat them we did and three points is three points. Feeling a bit more relaxed about things now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 50
Hagrid
September 16, 2017, 5:33pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,413
Gold Stars: 534
Agree with that, dembele im finding frustrating as there seems to be very little end product but he is only 20 and so plenty of time to work on that, macca had nothing at all to do against a very poor side, summerfield did well for me, his error for the goal but lots of good forward play hustling and bustling about but as said MOM woolford for me, very impressed. matt up front is a menace and a pest but great sub from slade with Vernon scoring inside 5 mins. Not the finished article by a long way and i still feel we may need a bit more to challenge in the upper areas of the league but 3 wins out of 4 is not to be sniffed at and its good to see a lot happier atmosphere on here and at BP
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 50
Hagrid
September 16, 2017, 5:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,413
Gold Stars: 534
Would just also like to add the abuse summerfield got from around me completely out of order. If it was 1 bad pass in 10 it was straight on his back and " get him off flipping excrement" all game long until the old man told them to get the eff off his back. Im only 22 and i dont know if this a new thing, but there always seems to be a scapegoat at GTFC. Its a real downside of our fanbase
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 50
ginnywings
September 16, 2017, 5:37pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
I'm inclined to think that it was a poor ball to Summerfield which forced him into the mistake in the first place. Seemed to wrong foot him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 50
heppy88
September 16, 2017, 5:39pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Enjoyed that. Town the deserved winners and played some good football at times. Created some good chances.
Woolford my man of the match.
Never seen so much shirt pulling that went un punished. There appears to be a definate bias by officials against Town. Slade was going crazy at the ref and third official on the touchline.
Dont know why Town appear to invite pressure for the final 10 minutes. Against a better side I'm sure we would have been punished.
Three wins from four, things are looking more positive. UTMM!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 50
Maringer
September 16, 2017, 5:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,506
Gold Stars: 185
Their goal came from a wayward pass from Woolford. Summerfield might have missed it, but that's because he was stretching for the ball and was caught on the hop by Woolford's error.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 50
MarinerBen
September 16, 2017, 5:41pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +243
I always think that Summerfield puts his head in places that require some serious cojones!

"Take what you can, give nothing back"
                                                                 - Capt. J. Sparrow
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 7 - 50
LH
September 16, 2017, 5:54pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,518
Gold Stars: 173
A good win from a frustrating, conferencey game to put on the board. We were never going to lose that game if we scored first and I agree with Ginny that it was more of a bad pass to Sunmerfield than a bad touch or whatever. I won't over-analyse the game too much because it is what it is and I hope we can do that more often as this sort of game has cost us in the past.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 50
headingly_mariner
September 16, 2017, 5:58pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Not pretty but a well deserved win. MOM a toss up between Berrett and the impressive Woolford.

If you're one of the few that booed Vernon on you're a total girl private
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 50
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.