Abdul19
September 16, 2017, 8:00pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
Quoted from LondonMariner43
Just googled for the Sky highlights and the result looked correct but line ups look very retro!!

http://www.skysports.com/football/grimsby-vs-yeovil/58260

Late Parkinson wondergoal!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 50
barralad
September 16, 2017, 8:06pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,197
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from Mariner_09

The "pass" to Summerfield in the build up to their goal was awful!

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 50
lukeo
September 16, 2017, 8:26pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,307
Gold Stars: 134
The pass was poor BUT at the same time he's a professional footballer, anyone who is paid should be able to use both feet. He could have got the ball comfortably with his right foot if i'm really honest and brutal.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 50
chaos33
September 16, 2017, 8:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,788
Gold Stars: 349
He's right.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 50
lukeo
September 16, 2017, 8:29pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,307
Gold Stars: 134
I don't go often anymore and i kind of take this forums word for it so when i see we had james and luke in centre mid i feared the worst. I'm very happy about this result and it's nice to see them actually getting more positive than negative feedback. I think after 8 games we are exactly where I expected us to be, won the same amount as we've lost sat in the middle of the table. For me this league is going to be super tight and i think any of around 12 teams could potentially hit those play offs. I think Exeter (as i stated before the season started) will be up there come the end of the season, although they will have a rough patch soon, every team have it... So 12 points from 8 games isn't to bad, 3 wins from 4. See you at Newport hopefully. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 50
The_Laughing_Mariner
September 16, 2017, 8:39pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,040
Gold Stars: 10
I didn't go today as I was working, yes the pass wasn't good, but I think LS could have done better, maybe tried his right foot.
However pleased to see him getting good comments, and Slade does seem to be getting the best out of Berrett

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 50
quebec38
September 16, 2017, 8:47pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,549
Gold Stars: 44
Blaming Summerfield for their goal is harsh so I'm pleased so see some sensible people on here. Let's be honest it was a heck of a finish from Zoko first time from outside the box.
Deserved three points today and well done to the boys for 3 wins out of the last 4. Summerfield really dig in today imo but having said that I'd still bring Rose straight back for Newport.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 50
arryarryarry
September 16, 2017, 9:51pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,938
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Not pretty but a well deserved win. MOM a toss up between Berrett and the impressive Woolford.

If you're one of the few that booed Vernon on you're a total girl private

Have to disagree about Berrett, he is too negative for my liking, or more than one occasion when we  were pressing in that second half he had the chance to pass to the unmarked Dixon but would rather play the ball backwards.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 50
HertsGTFC
September 16, 2017, 9:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,651
Gold Stars: 217
I enjoyed the game and it was quite open for some periods and a actually surprised that there was only 3 goals in the end.  

I thought Town showed a higher degree of application, worked harder with and without the ball, took more care with the ball and tried to use the space in difficult conditions. As we are still finding our way I am not too bothered about being a bit more direct for the time being at least. Thought we could have tested their keeper a bit more but that will come if we build on today and Tuesday.

We started pretty well and maybe should have had a couple as we looked dangerous from set pieces and played some decent balls into the box, in fact I would go as far as to say we even showed some cohesion between Jones, Matt & Woolford. Collins popped up well for the goal and Clarke was unlucky not to make it two.

They took their goal really well and despite what people may think I didn't think you could blame Summerfield or for that matter Woolford for losing possession as it still needed scoring and the finish was very good leaving Macca with no chance. Once they scored we let them into the game a bit but I was never convinced they would get another before the break..I also think swapping Dembelle and Woolford actually breaks and rhythm we have and they should be left on the same wing.

After the break we tried to win the game and deserved the 3 points for that intention and perseverance. I thought it was only a matter of time before we got a 2nd and Clarke and Vernon did well on the set piece to grab the goal. I thought in the last 10 we looked a bit shaky but they did not ultimately have the quality to capitalize.

The players,

Macca - Hard to rate as he did not have too much to do inreality but I did like that he tried to re-start open play quickly when he could.

Davies - Good game in defense and going forward worked hard and doubled up with the wide lads well

Dixon - As above

Clarke - Better today and a threat at set pieces and did well in the air as you would expect.

Collins - See above

Summefield - Not first choice but I thought he came in and played really well today in a holding role, I reckon that might be the best I have seen him play for Town, good work rate wants the ball and I liked the fact he slotted in at CB when Collins carried the ball forward and stayed up at 1 point in the 2nd half.

Berrett - Excellent game and my MOM as he ran the game, worked hard, won the ball well and used it very wisely. Controlled the tempo of the game, I have been a critic of him this term but today was a really complete performance    

Dembelle - Sound like he's getting a bit of criticism but I am not sure why as he's a young lad and just learning  and we need to get him into the game a bit more to be honest. Great attitude I counted half a dozen times when we lost the ball and he won it back. Also worth noting their RB had a really good game against him.

Woolford - Just edged out of MOM by Berrett but only just as he was and could be very influential for Town at this level. Has good skill, vision and works really well with the players around him. I hope he stays fit as this is one "experienced" player I am excited about us signing based on today.

Jones - His all round game and attitude was really good today and he is beginning to have real authority. His game is really developing and he is starting to bring people in as well as find some great passes like the one for the Dembelle run in the 2nd half, looking like a real footballer ATM. Possibly needs to get a bit closer to Matt when we play the ball up to him.

Matt - I like him as he worries the opposition with his size as well as the fact he breathes down the neck of center halves, he did some good stuff today and has presented RS with a selection quandary. Depute Vernon scoring the winner I think Matt should get a run of games especially as we are going a bot more direct.

Subs - Vernon came on and got right into the game and did well for the winner, Kelly and Cardwell not enough game time to measure.      

The ref - Hilarious as was the linesman on the Findus side, well at least they where inconsistent for both sides. .

So overall it felt like a reasonable performance compared to what we have seen so far, still a massive work in progress but for today at least it's good to be ale to say well done to RS and the players.

UTM!!

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 50
HertsGTFC
September 16, 2017, 10:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,651
Gold Stars: 217
Quoted from lukeo
The pass was poor BUT at the same time he's a professional footballer, anyone who is paid should be able to use both feet. He could have got the ball comfortably with his right foot if i'm really honest and brutal.

And his team mates could have got closer to the lead on their left who supplied the assist for the scorer and we could have go a bit closer to the scorer when he made his run.............Their goal was not down to one player.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.