6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
mimma
September 17, 2017, 9:49am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
Yet again we retreated back to our penalty area for the last10 minutes  giving the opposition the upper hand. It's a Slade thing I am sure since we use to be like that in his first spell.

Leaving a player up (Dembelle) when they have a corner means that they leave two players back and gives us an out ball.

It's negative and we will concede more late goals if it continues.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 50
barrattstandman
September 17, 2017, 11:29am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +477
Gold Stars: 17
It's not just a Slade thing. People have short memories. We did that under Hurst ,people were always moaning about it then. Also don't you think when a team is looking for a goal to get an equaliser or winner then they push you back. It is not always defending deeper but due to the opponents pressure .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 50
PPMariner
September 17, 2017, 11:56am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from barrattstandman
It's not just a Slade thing. People have short memories. We did that under Hurst, people were always moaning about it then. Also don't you think when a team is looking for a goal to get an equaliser or winner then they push you back. It is not always defending deeper but due to the opponents pressure .

Anyone who was at Chester will not have forgotten.

"Associate yourself with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 50
scrumble
September 17, 2017, 12:45pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +983
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted Text
We did that under Hurst ,people were always moaning about it then.

We've had that under every manager at some point. In fact I bet if you look back over previous games, if we've been winning by just one goal I doubt there are many occasions when we've been dominating the game and pinning the opposition in their own half right up to the whistle.

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 50
HertsGTFC
September 17, 2017, 12:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from mimma
Yet again we retreated back to our penalty area for the last10 minutes  giving the opposition the upper hand. It's a Slade thing I am sure since we use to be like that in his first spell.

Leaving a player up (Dembelle) when they have a corner means that they leave two players back and gives us an out ball.

It's negative and we will concede more late goals if it continues.  

I have not seen every game this season but don't recall conceding late in games even when we where winning.

I would have liked to have seen Cardwell on instead of Kelly yesterday as he has pace and would have given us a quicker outlet when they where trying to grab the equalizer.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 50
The Yard Dog
September 17, 2017, 1:10pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,469
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from quebec38
Blaming Summerfield for their goal is harsh so I'm pleased so see some sensible people on here. Let's be honest it was a heck of a finish from Zoko first time from outside the box.
Deserved three points today and well done to the boys for 3 wins out of the last 4. Summerfield really dig in today imo but having said that I'd still bring Rose straight back for Newport.

No one questioning Maca's positioning for their goal, a good shot stopper, but for me he gets beaten from distance far to many times.

I will take the 3pts over performance, our little run of form, as been helped that we have played with 11 players and not 10, like we did with the first five games. All the red cards impact the game in more than just the lost of a player, tactics, subs etc.

Slade has had been able to select a more settled squad over the last few games, with helps.

On to the next game

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 50
Theimperialcoroner
September 17, 2017, 1:57pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,176
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from lukeo
The pass was poor BUT at the same time he's a professional footballer, anyone who is paid should be able to use both feet. He could have got the ball comfortably with his right foot if i'm really honest and brutal.

Exactly what I thought. Got himself in a right mess.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 50
headingly_mariner
September 17, 2017, 2:07pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from The Yard Dog

No one questioning Maca's positioning for their goal, a good shot stopper, but for me he gets beaten from distance far to many times.

I will take the 3pts over performance, our little run of form, as been helped that we have played with 11 players and not 10, like we did with the first five games. All the red cards impact the game in more than just the lost of a player, tactics, subs etc.

Slade has had been able to select a more settled squad over the last few games, with helps.

On to the next game

UTM

It was a great finish. Surely nobody can suggest Mckeown is at fault for that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 50
moosey_club
September 17, 2017, 2:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,243
Gold Stars: 226
or the fact we had 6 players in close proximity compared  to their two but they got there first

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 50
Mrs Doyle
September 17, 2017, 5:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from The Yard Dog

On to the next game

UTM

WTF  You really believe Macca was partially at fault??? Feck me watch it again that was a beautifully executed strike partially shielded by their other player no keeper would have got near that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.