6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
fiveallive
September 16, 2017, 10:05pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 5
A very scrappy game, we should have been more comfortable to be honest, set pieces seemed to be planned with their keeper being dodgy, Dembele is starting to frustrate me a lot to be honest doesn't stay wide cuts in and stands there giving Davies or Dixon with no output.

Summerfield played well today thought he was man of the match today, Dixon and Davies played well along with Woolford, Berrett does whip in a decent corner, It wasn't a classic and we panicked late on but at least we got a win.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 50
MuddyWaters
September 16, 2017, 10:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,233
Gold Stars: 235
Really pleased that we won, happy that a run in the team is bringing out the best in James Berrett and some very interesting comments about him post match from Slade.
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 50
Mrs Doyle
September 16, 2017, 10:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
Quoted from HertsGTFC
[/b]

And his team mates could have got closer to the lead on their left who supplied the assist for the scorer and we could have go a bit closer to the scorer when he made his run.............Their goal was not down to one player.  

Absolutely he was allowed to get into a dangerous area and shield the ball for their scorer to hit a lovely low curling shot Macca had no chance.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 50
sydney
September 16, 2017, 10:51pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,009
Gold Stars: 3
Why Can't we give summer field some  credit when it's due
He was a lot lot better today and he does graft
Not his fault for goal as wayward pass
All players much improved again
Dembele lacks end product but he will get better
Yeovil are one of the poorest sides in the league
Well done today
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 50
Maringer
September 16, 2017, 11:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,490
Gold Stars: 185
The error was mostly Woolford's (no reason for such a wayward pass when under no real pressure) but the goal came from a bit of bad luck as well. One of our defenders (Davies, perhaps?) got his foot into the ball but that just put it into the path of their scorer who finished really well with his first time shot.

Regardless, at least we won a game that we should have done. Too often in recent seasons we've seen us draw or even lose matches with a game balanced like that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 50
Mrs Doyle
September 17, 2017, 8:17am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +4,859
I enjoyed the way we dominated most of the game thought we looked pretty solid at the back.

There goal was an lovely finish but the player who made the initial run should have been closed down. Summerfield had the best game I have seen him play.

One tackle in particular stood out when one of there players made a nice run into the box and played a lovely back heel (Tony Rees ) style perfect for the on coming striker. Whilst it caught most out Summerfield was alert to the danger and managed to just get a foot in preventing a certain goal imho.

Also one other point worth noting teams are having to double and even treble up on Matty this is giving our midfield extra space Summerfield in particular looked very comfortable. Matt is a big unit who is also quite quick and alert harassing defenders all good signs.

We are not firing on all cylinders yet but improving and with strength on the bench and bit more sharpness up front not that far off. Jones and in particular Matt are giving defences real problems which again also gives the likes of Dembele extra room to do his stuff.

Desperately want the little maestro to score once he does it will build his undoubted confidence his final ball  and choice isn't quite right yet but I'm sure this is only a matter of time.

His energy is phenomenal and often gets back to make a telling tackle which is great to see.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 50
Lincoln Mariner 56
September 17, 2017, 9:03am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,688
Gold Stars: 73
Would not disagree with the majority of comments on here especially re Summerfield and Berrett, the latter not being one of my favourites, who both very good games and Berrett has improved his contribution since switching to the central role.

Matt causes problems and if he can improve his first touch will be a major assett and a couple of times when given the chance to break away his brain and his legs seemed to lack communication but he is giving us something we have lacked up top. Thought Jones had an indifferent day, but accept thst happens to all players, although still laid on a couple of great chances.

Re Dembele think he has great potential but like big Tom last year lacks that final ball plus he needs to improve his awareness in the postional sense during the game. That will come I am sure but maybe as a "new" professional he does need to be well managed and an occasional rest may be of great benefit. Personally would like to see DJ get a run out and I also miss Tombo's cameo roles as sub and still think his pace and power can be of great help taking and/ or securing points in the last twenty minutes.

A result next Saturday would be great and then two home games with the latter of those v Lincoln a massive game for us Codheads who live over here. Hopefully for that match we could get some of the old BP atmosphere back as its a pretty quiet, and at times negative, place.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 50
Mariner_09
September 17, 2017, 9:28am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,192
Gold Stars: 55
Berrett was crap when played out of position last season by Hurst and Bignot (no fault of his as he's a midfielder and not a winger). Summerfield is a fourth division player, he has everything, energy, good range of passing, can put his foot in and gets a decent number of goals and assists for a midfielder but he has a lash up in the locker.

Also despite the defence playing well on Tuesday, I can't help but feel some more pace and athleticism wouldn't help. If Danny Andrew and Toto were still here we could have easily pushed up higher and then after we conceded possession their attacker would be on our defence but much further away from goal.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 50
Cloudy
September 17, 2017, 9:29am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Seems opposition sees the game so differently.

One of their players saying we didn't cause them any problems other than the two set pieces we scored from!
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 50
ginnywings
September 17, 2017, 9:44am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,111
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Cloudy
Seems opposition sees the game so differently.

One of their players saying we didn't cause them any problems other than the two set pieces we scored from!

Their keeper was way more busy than ours, so by that yardstick, we caused them more problems than they caused us. Neither side looked particularly lethal, but i'd be more worried if i were a Yeovil fan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 50
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.