Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FAO Getyourfactsright
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 225 Guests

FAO Getyourfactsright

This thread currently has 28,315 views. Print
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
September 11, 2017, 7:39pm
Guest User
All because.......

He has HIS own Agenda and HIS best interests at heart!
Reply: 100 - 210
September 11, 2017, 8:22pm
Guest User
Quoted from barralad

Ok I'll bite! If The Trust were running the club they'd be running it without me. There would be an obvious need to recruit people with far more experience and business acumen than our current group of very well-meaning amateurs.
The share offer was made around the time of the relaunch of the Trust. At no time was it communicated that we should use the shares to "Go it alone" as far as I'm aware. We were in no position whatsover to run a professional football club-neither did we have sufficient shares to enable it to happen. We must have been over this a hundred times but the decision to make the shares over to J.F. was made by the membership in a vote. The fact that J.F. threatened to sell players may have influenced that decision but it was what it was. As far as I'm aware Mr Parker retains a significant shareholding in GTFC.

Ian, I assume that's your name, seen it used a few times.  Just to be clear, I wasn't questioning your competence or indeed that of any trust member.  Let's be honest, there's a tiny minority of well run clubs, it would be a very big ask to expect well meaning fans to run a club without experience and more importantly, without cash.  I see how my post could be deemed inflammatory, that wasn't the intention but I apologise irrespective.
Reply: 101 - 210
grimsby pete
September 11, 2017, 8:32pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,796
Gold Stars: 222
It does.not take a brain surgeon to run a business you just have to bring in more money than you spend

Simple

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 210
Mariner_501
September 11, 2017, 8:35pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +227
Gold Stars: 27
No Pete
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 210
Mariner_501
September 11, 2017, 8:35pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +227
Gold Stars: 27
If it was that easy everybody would do it lol
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 210
KingstonMariner
September 11, 2017, 8:42pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Ipswin

Pete

There isn't going to be a new stadium, it will never happen

So he can call it what the bloody hell he likes

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 210
KingstonMariner
September 11, 2017, 9:03pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Two clubs off the top of my head: AFC Wimbledon and Exeter City.

Can't believe there isn't the ability out there to match that.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 210
Mariner Ronnie
September 11, 2017, 9:04pm

Lower Findus
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +45 / -6
Approval: +1,100
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from RichMariner
Turn the clock back and give Paul Hurst his strength and conditioning coach, or whatever else he was asking for in an effort to take this club forward. I refuse to believe that any of his demands were unreasonable.

He's been the only manager during the last 20 years that has brought any success to this town. You should've just backed him and not listened to the small number of whinging fans who didn't like him because he supposedly never praised us, or sounded dour, or was from Yorkshire, etc. wasn't Buckley

He got us promoted. He signed the best asset we've had since Ryan Bennett. He proved himself. He'd have proven himself again in League 2 had we just believed in him (which we had no problem doing in the National League, funnily enough, when patience was at a premium).

That's why a MINORITY didn't like him.

Today we got our team back - town fan leaving Wembley may 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 210
September 11, 2017, 9:14pm
Guest User
My favourite all time quote from the megalomaniac, sorry JF.  'We don't want to devalue the product'.  So Mr Fenty, apart from devaluing the product to the point that it's worth less than the Pategonian zob, what have you done?  Without wishing to answer my own question, I feel it important to put forward a suggestion.  Perhaps, just perhaps you've allowed an over inflated ego, coupled with less planning than you would find embossed on a rizla paper, in 48 pt font, to completely ruin a once proud club.  Shame on you, you and you alone are responsible for the state of the club.  So you put less than 10% of your nett worth into the club, ONCE.  Well done, there are numerous fans who put double that percentage of their disposable income in every week.

You have zero credibility and no honour.  My money stays firmly in my pocket until I either die or you have no association with the once proud GTFC.
Reply: 108 - 210
MuddyWaters
September 11, 2017, 9:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,242
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from 139914
My favourite all time quote from the megalomaniac, sorry JF.  'We don't want to devalue the product'.  So Mr Fenty, apart from devaluing the product to the point that it's worth less than the Pategonian zob, what have you done?  Without wishing to answer my own question, I feel it important to put forward a suggestion.  Perhaps, just perhaps you've allowed an over inflated ego, coupled with less planning than you would find embossed on a rizla paper, in 48 pt font, to completely ruin a once proud club.  Shame on you, you and you alone are responsible for the state of the club.  So you put less than 10% of your nett worth into the club, ONCE.  Well done, there are numerous fans who put double that percentage of their disposable income in every week.

You have zero credibility and no honour.  My money stays firmly in my pocket until I either die or you have no association with the once proud GTFC.

Whilst agreeing with everything you said, it's like talking to a brick wall. Mr Fenty's too stubborn and/or arrogant to accept that this mess is his fault. The constant dismissal of everything the supporters have put up with shows exactly the contempt with which we are treated. In Fenty world, as long as we are contributing, we really don't matter.
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 210
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FAO Getyourfactsright

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.