Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FAO Getyourfactsright
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 144 Guests

FAO Getyourfactsright

This thread currently has 28,152 views. Print
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
heppy88
September 10, 2017, 10:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,069
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from chaos33
I'd just like to say, that as pathetic as the gutless hoofball we are currently playing, is the sound of those harping on about Hurst and how we should have believed in him, or the conspiracy to oust progressive top coach of tomorrow Marcus Bignot. There are about four threads full of a load of f***ing cobblers about this and other related guff. Some people have got very short memories and the ability to change their tune because they're unhappy or frustrated. I'd say about 80% of Town fans were sick to death of Hurst about a year before he finally cupped his ears then sneakily nicked off. And Bignot? This board was filled with post after post trying to fathom what the hell he was trying to do and infuriated by his verbal blather. Now all of a sudden, we didn't mean it, some people are pretending they never posted what they did at the time (have a look back some of you) and these men have been squandered by the club. Give over!

We should roll our sleeves up and f***ing get on with it, and that goes for the players too. What's done is done. Whining on and on about the past or the major shareholder - demanding he come on here and explain himself! As if anything he could say could make it better! Let's get 10-15 games under our belt, and if things haven't improved, then decisions will pretty much make themselves anyway. Get a good result Tuesday night, and win at home next Saturday and the end won't quite be nigh will it. If only we'd believed old sniffer Doig eh! What have we done?! FFS.

UTM

On the money Chaos.

A couple of back to back wins and the 4 threads will sink without trace. A good run and god forbid anyone criticize Fenty or Slade, they'll be having a red cross onslaught!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 210
Maringer
September 10, 2017, 10:12pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,140
Gold Stars: 180
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis
According to last year's accounts, year ending May 16, directors loans equal £2,209,700 and Fenty's shares amount to £975,000, which means you need just under £3.2 million to get rid, unless, I have missed something in the accounts.

Thankfully, our impoverished town is teeming with multi-multi-millionaires willing to chuck away a few million quid with the promise of more to follow in the future. I'm sure they'll all be knocking on Fenty's door first thing Monday morning asking into which hole their money should be tipped.

Chances of any new sugardaddy taking over from Fenty are slim to nonexistent, I'm afraid. Not that this would necessarily be a good thing in any case.

Good or ill, I think we're stuck with him until we either get some success or he gets sick of it all. Neither seems too likely at the moment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 210
MuddyWaters
September 10, 2017, 10:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
Quoted from heppy88

On the money Chaos.

A couple of back to back wins and the 4 threads will sink without trace. A good run and god forbid anyone criticize Fenty or Slade, they'll be having a red cross onslaught!

Complete bollox, a few wins would paper over the cracks that have been papered over countless times before. Arsenal fans moan about failure, they should have tried putting up with 15 years of this tripe.
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 210
lew chaterleys lover
September 10, 2017, 10:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,547
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from Maringer

Thankfully, our impoverished town is teeming with multi-multi-millionaires willing to chuck away a few million quid with the promise of more to follow in the future. I'm sure they'll all be knocking on Fenty's door first thing Monday morning asking into which hole their money should be tipped.

Chances of any new sugardaddy taking over from Fenty are slim to nonexistent, I'm afraid. Not that this would necessarily be a good thing in any case.

Good or ill, I think we're stuck with him until we either get some success or he gets sick of it all. Neither seems too likely at the moment.

Mike Parker wasn't non existent was he? He has a hell of lot more money than Fenty, but our esteemed leader even managed to member that up.
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 210
moosey_club
September 10, 2017, 10:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
I am fairly sure that JF has already gone on record ( post Parkergate ) as saying he would welcome outside investment and that his loans would be made benign should he hand over control to someone with the best interests of the club at heart, going as far as to say he wouldnt put the club at risk by calling in his loans, IIRC.
Therefore we should presume that no suitable parties have come forward with honest intentions, suitable funding and realistic plans to meet his requirements and ultimately ours, after all do we want him to just hand the club over to any passing chancer ?  Plenty of old school chairmen have done that to see clubs stripped bare and on the verge of oblivion.

Until we get to a potential suitable takeover scenario then guessing, accusing and supposing what JF will do is pointless and moral sapping.  

That leaves any anti JF movement with a couple of realistic options;

Approach JF through the trust, or directly, to find out what sort of package he would require to pass over his control in the club......then either.....

Set up an independant consortium, seek your own outside investment, raise the capital to initially buy and then run the club to a financial footing at least equal to what we have now....
Or
work with JF to promote the club to potential investor markets aiding JF either secure greater funding to improve our financial picture or to completely sell out.

Its very easy to spend somone elses fortune, its very easy to sit without all the financial and business information on your shoulders and draw blind conclusions.

Is he perfect ?  No

If you want him out then come up with a viable, sustainable alternative to achieve it and put it into action, hounding out someone who we owe around 3m to without a Plan B would not be a wise business move.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 210
Maringer
September 10, 2017, 10:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Mike Parker might well have more money than Fenty but the fact that he's not involved in the club at all would tend to indicate he wouldn't pony up when it came to the point of losing plenty of it. Not that I'll criticise him for it.

Never met him myself, but a friend who used to work for him says Parker is a decent bloke. Obviously one too busy or sensible to want to own a football club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 210
LH
September 10, 2017, 10:57pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
A good post that Moosey. I wouldn't want us to force JF into a corner that he HAD to sell up and ended up selling to a dodgy foreign consortium when we could work together to find the best option. It always has to be in the best interests of the club.
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 210
headingly_mariner
September 10, 2017, 11:24pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Maringer
Mike Parker might well have more money than Fenty but the fact that he's not involved in the club at all would tend to indicate he wouldn't pony up when it came to the point of losing plenty of it. Not that I'll criticise him for it.

Never met him myself, but a friend who used to work for him says Parker is a decent bloke. Obviously one too busy or sensible to want to own a football club.

Parker put well over a million quid into the club in shares which is pretty much a gift. He didn't saddle the club with any debt. It's a shame he is no longer in the boardroom. It's also a shame some people still are.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 210
headingly_mariner
September 10, 2017, 11:27pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from moosey_club
I am fairly sure that JF has already gone on record ( post Parkergate ) as saying he would welcome outside investment and that his loans would be made benign should he hand over control to someone with the best interests of the club at heart, going as far as to say he wouldnt put the club at risk by calling in his loans, IIRC.
Therefore we should presume that no suitable parties have come forward with honest intentions, suitable funding and realistic plans to meet his requirements and ultimately ours, after all do we want him to just hand the club over to any passing chancer ?  Plenty of old school chairmen have done that to see clubs stripped bare and on the verge of oblivion.

Until we get to a potential suitable takeover scenario then guessing, accusing and supposing what JF will do is pointless and moral sapping.  

That leaves any anti JF movement with a couple of realistic options;

Approach JF through the trust, or directly, to find out what sort of package he would require to pass over his control in the club......then either.....

Set up an independant consortium, seek your own outside investment, raise the capital to initially buy and then run the club to a financial footing at least equal to what we have now....
Or
work with JF to promote the club to potential investor markets aiding JF either secure greater funding to improve our financial picture or to completely sell out.

Its very easy to spend somone elses fortune, its very easy to sit without all the financial and business information on your shoulders and draw blind conclusions.

Is he perfect ?  No

If you want him out then come up with a viable, sustainable alternative to achieve it and put it into action, hounding out someone who we owe around 3m to without a Plan B would not be a wise business move.

It's basically been said that the loans are benign until the club makes any money. Until they're written off there won't be any interest.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 210
Maringer
September 10, 2017, 11:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Parker put well over a million quid into the club in shares which is pretty much a gift. He didn't saddle the club with any debt. It's a shame he is no longer in the boardroom. It's also a shame some people still are.

I don't deny Parker spent/lost a good amount of money. Just pointing out that he didn't want to go the whole hog and take charge. Again, this is fair enough.

Thus far, Fenty is the one who put his money where his mouth is (albeit mostly as 'benign loans'), so that's the current ownership situation and that's where we stand for the foreseeable future.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 210
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FAO Getyourfactsright

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.