Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FAO Getyourfactsright
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 297 Guests

FAO Getyourfactsright

This thread currently has 28,280 views. Print
22 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
barralad
September 12, 2017, 12:15pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,267
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Getyourfactsright bit quite.

I suspect that may be because he has taken the advice of loads of posters on here about commenting on social media...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 210
GrimRob
September 12, 2017, 12:17pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from realist
If the squad was a sensible size it could break even. Wages are a massive drain on resouces as Fenty is probably realising at the moment.
New income streams could help, imagine what catering by the fans for the fans could bring in?.There are some many options even with staying at BP.

The problem is if the squad is a reasonable size and results are not deemed good enough then there is a outcry to strengthen the squad. That's why we end up with a bloated squad in the first place. It's all very well saying we could get a small squad full of good players but it's obviously very difficult to do when all 24 teams are trying to do just the same thing, it's a holy grail situation. If we are forced to live entirely with a fixed budget then we'd be more or less forced to stick with the squad we started the season with.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 141 - 210
Cloudy
September 12, 2017, 12:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +17 / -8
Approval: +6,431
Quoted from Grimsby69
Both Exeter/Wimbledon Trust raise approximately £150,000 per year with 60% going to the clubs.  Both of these are within wealthy areas.

Grimsby the last three years of Non/League Grimsby had an average income 2.1 Million including 3 Wembley games.

During that period expenditure was approximately 2.2 Million loss of £100,000

Income from Gate Receipts & Retailing/Merchandise is only 62% approximately (£1.3 Million) - wages as an average over the last three years have been £1.6 million (73% of total expenditure)

No account have been produced for last season these are normally around October but I would imagine that income will be up about £600k (excluding Bogle sale) but costs will have increased in line with the additional money. So I would imagine a £500-600k surplus including transfer income.

Going back to Exeter City they had to raise £800,000 to purchase the club and lower debts.

If the fans were intent on having a fan run club i imagine it would need to raise at least initial £750,000 and continue to raise £200K plus per season to cover the clubs losses as fans/investors would soon lose interest if the wage budget was not wisely invested.  

Interesting.

Am I right therefore in deducing that JF has not increased his loans or shareholding in the last 3 years ? I am assuming the loss of around £100k that you speak of was covered by Mullens share purchase/cash injection?
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 210
Grimsby69
September 12, 2017, 1:17pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +16
Fenty has increased loan by £225,000 over the 3 year period.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 210
Swansea_Mariner
September 12, 2017, 1:24pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,430
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from friskneymariner

It would be more than that as you would need some working capital,however  with some hard negotiating with Fenty probably get price down.

I'd say that is probably about right, the only feasible way to do it would be some form of multi year funding project something like 'Operation 2021' or some such where the trust created some form of special purpose vehicle to allow a large group of funders to build up a pot of working capital over a period of time. You'd still need a group of something like 1000 though willing to stump up say £250  a year to give you a  decent size initial pot and conticontinue to underpin the team in the longer term.

Those people would have to realise though that it wouldn't really be an investment its more like the purchase of a caravan where you do it for the enjoyment rather than for some form of return.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 210
Grimsby69
September 12, 2017, 1:39pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +16
Whilst the new ground is unlikely to ever come to fruition due to the lack of intent by the Local Community, a fan run club would have absolutely no chance of securing bank loans with no proven track record.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 210
Barrattstander
September 12, 2017, 4:07pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +868
Gold Stars: 14
I invite everyone to read this interview John Fenty did with Codalmighty in 2005 and wonder whether anything has changed in the past 12 years.
[url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=251[/url]

62 Seasons following the Mariners from the Barrett Stand side.(apart from 2020-21)
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DL2SD1UW4AAfaOx.jpg[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 210
TheRealJohnLewis
September 12, 2017, 4:57pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from Grimsby69
Both Exeter/Wimbledon Trust raise approximately £150,000 per year with 60% going to the clubs.  Both of these are within wealthy areas.

Grimsby the last three years of Non/League Grimsby had an average income 2.1 Million including 3 Wembley games.

During that period expenditure was approximately 2.2 Million loss of £100,000

Income from Gate Receipts & Retailing/Merchandise is only 62% approximately (£1.3 Million) - wages as an average over the last three years have been £1.6 million (73% of total expenditure)

No account have been produced for last season these are normally around October but I would imagine that income will be up about £600k (excluding Bogle sale) but costs will have increased in line with the additional money. So I would imagine a £500-600k surplus including transfer income.

Going back to Exeter City they had to raise £800,000 to purchase the club and lower debts.

If the fans were intent on having a fan run club i imagine it would need to raise at least initial £750,000 and continue to raise £200K plus per season to cover the clubs losses as fans/investors would soon lose interest if the wage budget was not wisely invested.  

We won't have a surplus as any profits they make will go into the Retained Earnings (where profits are held in a business), which is at a loss at the moment, approx 4 million.

Private Message
Reply: 147 - 210
Marinerz93
September 12, 2017, 8:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.57
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Cloudy

Given the situation threat at the time I can see why the members of The Trust voted the way they did. I would also add that one of the conditions which seems to be forgotten was that JF had to buy a further £200k(?) worth of shares as a condition. This in effect gave the club a cash injection to keep the wolf from the door and stopped any possibility of selling Liam Hearn. Hindsight is a wonderful thing  

That money was part of the agreement with MP that he withheld because he didn't have control and triggered article 9. So not as you would lead others to believe.

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 210
Cod Cheeks
September 12, 2017, 9:01pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +374
So how do the likes of Newport and others manage on crowds of 2,000 and less manage to compete year after year?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 149 - 210
22 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FAO Getyourfactsright

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.