Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FAO Getyourfactsright
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 414 Guests

FAO Getyourfactsright

This thread currently has 28,154 views. Print
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Garth
September 11, 2017, 3:01pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Quote Mariner09

Slade seems to have signed a load of journeymen who are clearly inferior to their predecessors. Dixon, Hooper, Clarke, Cardwell and Kelly all look like poor signings or worse than what was before. Only Rose, Dembele and maybe DJ look better than what they replaced. Hope they all eventually gel and become a good unit but I doubt it

And there IMO lies the problem, by signing players that are not an improvement on what we had even in the Conference, is showing in the results.
It seems that Slade`s opinion on the likes of Kelly, Clarke and Hooper are moulded on what they were, and what they did,  not on today`s reality, the way we think of Herne, Connell and Dis. Can they improve?

Its his bed, he made it he will have to lie on it, I still believe that if we show the same fighting spirit as the play off final team did and discard players who show no desire or skill we will be OK
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 210
headingly_mariner
September 11, 2017, 3:02pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,266
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from barralad

Do you have any evidence for that (genuine question) because as far as I'm aware Mr Parker has never revealed in public why he walked away? The decision to "gift" those shares to The Trust caught us completely on the hop.

As others have said he gave quite a detailed interview with Radio Humberside. It might be worth a listen if you can still get it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 210
barralad
September 11, 2017, 3:24pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from arryarryarry

He was interviewed on Radio Humberside, I was listening to it travelling to an evening match at BP.

I've tried to find it but no luck. Do you have any suggestions as to where it might be possible to get it from?

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 210
Garth
September 11, 2017, 3:27pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.93
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,913
Gold Stars: 25
Quoted from barralad

I've tried to find it but no luck. Do you have any suggestions as to where it might be possible to get it from?

Some of his quotes are on the Fishy 2011, just google Mike Parker interview Radio Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 210
headingly_mariner
September 11, 2017, 3:48pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Garth

Some of his quotes are on the Fishy 2011, just google Mike Parker interview Radio Humberside

I think that is from when he left the board. Not following from the share issue.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 210
Quagmire
September 11, 2017, 3:51pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +929
Gold Stars: 43
Quoted from Garth

I don't think the interview that is discussed on the Fishy back in 2011 that you find when Googling the above relates to the time when Parker gifted the shares to the Trust, it relates to when Parker stepped down from the board due to board voting issues.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 210
headingly_mariner
September 11, 2017, 3:57pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from barralad

http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=3416 this gives a breakdown of what Parker said although I can't find the actual interview.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 210
barralad
September 11, 2017, 4:16pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.33
Rep Score: +86 / -20
Approval: +9,195
Gold Stars: 121
Quoted from headingly_mariner

http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=3416 this gives a breakdown of what Parker said although I can't find the actual interview.

Cheers. This does seem to predate the big shares handover which if memory serves me correct was October 2011. I suspect at the point of this interview he hadn't decided to weaken his own holding which might suggest that he was looking at what options he had as the second largest shareholder. As far as I'm aware the reasons for giving The Trust the shares is still a mystery.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 210
headingly_mariner
September 11, 2017, 4:25pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from barralad

Cheers. This does seem to predate the big shares handover which if memory serves me correct was October 2011. I suspect at the point of this interview he hadn't decided to weaken his own holding which might suggest that he was looking at what options he had as the second largest shareholder. As far as I'm aware the reasons for giving The Trust the shares is still a mystery.

I think you're right. If you read what was said he talked about installing his own Chairman and having them run the club for him.
The apparent reason for giving the trust the shares is so he didn't have to make an offer for the rest of the club's shares.
This is the key information for me

Quoted Text
[/quote]He proceeded to remind us he is on record more than once as saying he doesn't have either the ambition or the time to be chairman of the club. Now he has to go and look for a Chairman to represent his and the clubs interests. He explained that, as publicly promised, he and Fenty had each put a £500,000 cash injection in to fund the club budget to the end of this season. Parker had invested his monies in by buying shares to strengthen the clubs balance sheet (and to avoid the criticisms levelled at Fenty about 'benign debt' I assume). Fenty had surprised Parker by loaning the club his share of the million quid needed to support the loss-making business through one more season. This created the situation where Parker owned a much bigger percentage of the club then Fenty.

Parker confirmed that his extra shares had only been purchased with full board consent and that the transaction had occurred at the beginning of July 2011. Cue even more surprise he said at reading that Fenty seemed astonished at the turn of events.[quote]

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 210
MuddyWaters
September 11, 2017, 5:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +31,883
Gold Stars: 230
As this thread is aimed for the attention of Mr Fenty, I would like to ask a question.

Is there any aspect of the club, on the pitch or off the pitch, that you feel has improved while you have been in charge?
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 210
22 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FAO Getyourfactsright

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.