Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, September 10, 2017, 9:28am
No, not looking to slag the club, manager or players off.

Maybe what we need is something from you to reassure the fans that plans are in place to keep us in this Division this season.

Performances and the heavy handed approach of the police and stewards will soon hit away attendances and home attendances are starting to slide downwards.

One positive is the fans.

We've got to have hope in our hearts.

Posted by: denni266, September 10, 2017, 9:48am; Reply: 1
I think you are wasting your time there.. To run  football club you need money.. Mr Fenty  has no where near enough to run a club out of his money , its just a toy . look at me thing.. a football fan he  may be , and to his local club and he chucked a few bob in.. but thats all it is in football terms . He will not have an equal or anyone with more control than him, because its his ball and will take it home with him . there is no chance of getting a strait answer from anyone in politics everyone knows that,  its either answered by another question or  an answer that brings so many other things in to it it never gets answered.. thats m personal oppinion
Posted by: ginnywings, September 10, 2017, 9:49am; Reply: 2
What reassurances can he give? No-one plans for relegation but 2 teams must drop out of the league each season. I don't think we will be one of them myself and it's all a bit premature after six games to be talking about it.
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 10, 2017, 10:08am; Reply: 3
I would like to know  after we got the Bogle money,

1. Why did we not buy a decent striker,

2. Why did he allow Bignot and Slade bring so many players in that are not good enough.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 10, 2017, 10:14am; Reply: 4
Quoted from grimsby pete

2. Why did he allow Bignot and Slade bring so many players in that are not good enough.

At least Bignot seemed to have a plan, Slade seems to prefer quantity over quality. Just my opinion, but Bignot seemed to have a bigger plan than Fenty was prepared to finance and we're now left with a manager on the way down rather than one on the way up.
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 10, 2017, 10:19am; Reply: 5
Quoted from ginnywings
What reassurances can he give? No-one plans for relegation but 2 teams must drop out of the league each season. I don't think we will be one of them myself and it's all a bit premature after six games to be talking about it.

We may not drop out of the League but many on here said that last time.

Yes it is early on in the season but the naysayers said that last time.

The fact that we have an ageing squad consisting of what some might regard as journeymen, forwards who look unlikely to get into double figures, defenders who are making schoolboy errors nearly every game, players who at times look as if they don't give a toss reminds me so much of Neil Woods time as manager and we know how well that went. :-/

I'm not in any way saying sack Russell Slade now but if this form continues then he has to be gone by Christmas we must not do what we did with Neil Woods and hang on in the hope he can turn it around and I just hope JF has learnt that lesson.
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 10, 2017, 10:23am; Reply: 6
Quoted from MuddyWaters

At least Bignot seemed to have a plan, Slade seems to prefer quantity over quality. Just my opinion, but Bignot seemed to have a bigger plan than Fenty was prepared to finance and we're now left with a manager on the way down rather than one on the way up.

By all accounts when we play the ball on the ground we look half decent,

So Russ can we do it more often, ?

I watched Stoke give Man Ure a hard time yesterday with long diagonal balls,

BUT

They had the players capable of kicking the ball in the right place and having another player capable of finding the space for the other player to aim at.

We don't.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 10, 2017, 10:31am; Reply: 7
Quoted from grimsby pete

By all accounts when we play the ball on the ground we look half decent,

So Russ can we do it more often, ?

I watched Stoke give Man Ure a hard time yesterday with long diagonal balls,

BUT

They had the players capable of kicking the ball in the right place and having another player capable of finding the space for the other player to aim at.

We don't.

The problem we have is that we don't have enough players who work hard enough without the ball. Whether that's tracking back or making space for runners, we don't do it. That must be down to either laziness or poor coaching, or a combination of the two.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 10, 2017, 10:33am; Reply: 8
Quoted from MuddyWaters

How do we know Fenty had the means to finance Bignot's plans? That is an issue people never really consider, just because JF has personal means it does not mean he should be expected to use them on the football club at every touch & turn or the whims of a manager who swung from being a real visionary to a total nut job on a daily basis.
Posted by: ginnywings, September 10, 2017, 10:40am; Reply: 9
Quoted from arryarryarry

The fact that we have an ageing squad consisting of what some might regard as journeymen, forwards who look unlikely to get into double figures, defenders who are making schoolboy errors nearly every game, players who at times look as if they don't give a toss reminds me so much of Neil Woods time as manager and we know how well that went. :-/

I'm not in any way saying sack Russell Slade now but if this form continues then he has to be gone by Christmas we must not do what we did with Neil Woods and hang on in the hope he can turn it around and I just hope JF has learnt that lesson.

Don't get me wrong, i'm well aware of all that and absolutely know that we could repeat what happened under Woods, but my opinion is that we probably won't and it's too early to be thinking that way just yet.

I get that people are p1ssed off and want to have a rant and i'm sure the "happy clapper" line will get thrown out very shortly, but form can and does change quickly in football.

I'm extra p1ssed off because i paid for my season ticket on my credit card and payment in full is due tomorrow. Beginning to wish i'd not bought it but i'm stuck for the long haul now.
Posted by: chaos33, September 10, 2017, 10:53am; Reply: 10
Quoted from MuddyWaters

If Bignot had a plan I'm not sure I was able to discern it. Just looked like a big mess and loads of bullsh1t to me. Massive, imbalanced squad. In what sense is Bignot 'on the way up'? Sure, he might get a job in the conference again but other than that....?

I can't see the point of this thread really - goading John Fenty to somehow come on here and make it all ok. What do people want him to say? He'd just be opening himself up to abuse and derision really. If you're that bothered about speaking with him, then pm or e-mail him and put your points to him. I never felt that any of his previous appearances on here were anything other than ill conceived and unhelpful really.

Besides, I think we all want to see some action, not hear some more words. I get sick of staff talking a good game and then failing to deliver on that on the pitch. We'll have to wait a bit I think to get a proper sense of where we are and what's going right/wrong. I agree that it all looks a bit cr@p - hoofball, and indiscipline and a lack of cohesion or threat, and I'm really angry and disappointed about that, but we wil have to stick with it for a bit and keep the faith......
Posted by: Marinerz93, September 10, 2017, 12:07pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from HertsGTFC

How do we know Fenty had the means to finance Bignot's plans? That is an issue people never really consider, just because JF has personal means it does not mean he should be expected to use them on the football club at every touch & turn or the whims of a manager who swung from being a real visionary to a total nut job on a daily basis.

He has the means but what is clear is he runs the club how he sees fit and since he has been in charge we have gone from bad to excrement with one season that saw us climb out of a league we should never have been in the first place, and it hasn't been a season or two it's over a decade of excrement and it doesn't seem to be improving at all on BIgnot. As for Slade he hasn't won anything so how is he the man to take us to the next level, on current showing if he stays with us long enough he take us to the level below.

Also Fenty doesn't play well with others who do have the finances to fund better players that's why no one is coming forward. Fenty needs to either absorb the benign debt into shares or wipe them out to see if anyone with real drive and determination will come forward.

Also look down the road at Scunny,a nothing club apart from a 2-3 seasons, they appoint a chief executive and bam they are a club on the up. Fenty needs to burry his ego because it's weighting this club down.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 10, 2017, 12:46pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Marinerz93

He has the means but what is clear is he runs the club how he sees fit and since he has been in charge we have gone from bad to excrement with one season that saw us climb out of a league we should never have been in the first place, and it hasn't been a season or two it's over a decade of excrement and it doesn't seem to be improving at all on BIgnot. As for Slade he hasn't won anything so how is he the man to take us to the next level, on current showing if he stays with us long enough he take us to the level below.

Also Fenty doesn't play well with others who do have the finances to fund better players that's why no one is coming forward. Fenty needs to either absorb the benign debt into shares or wipe them out to see if anyone with real drive and determination will come forward.

Also look down the road at Scunny,a nothing club apart from a 2-3 seasons, they appoint a chief executive and bam they are a club on the up. Fenty needs to burry his ego because it's weighting this club down.

The issue is that even if he wrote off the debt and someone came in this club is not a strong investment opportunity. You could invest in the team, spend tens of millions on a new ground, do loads in the community but you would still struggle to sell your exec boxes, get take up of the facilities mid week and get more than what 8,000 - 10,000 per week at best. Remember the word "investment" suggests that you would get some type of return the only return you might get is the gratitude of the fans providing we win every week as soon as we lose a few that gratitude might disappear, anyone with half a brain and £100 million would run a fukin mile.  
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 10, 2017, 12:50pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from HertsGTFC

The issue is that even if he wrote off the debt and someone came in this club is not a strong investment opportunity. You could invest in the team, spend tens of millions on a new ground, do loads in the community but you would still struggle to sell your exec boxes, get take up of the facilities mid week and get more than what 8,000 - 10,000 per week at best. Remember the word "investment" suggests that you would get some type of return the only return you might get is the gratitude of the fans providing we win every week as soon as we lose a few that gratitude might disappear, anyone with half a brain and £100 million would run a fukin mile.  

Like David Ross.
Posted by: Marinerz93, September 10, 2017, 12:52pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from HertsGTFC

SO why is Scunthorpe a good investment, they struggle with gates unless they get a local or big club. It seems to me that no one with money wants Fenty involved in any part of the deal. How do you know the executive boxes won't sell, they did in Championship and League 1 and League 2 when we had a side that tried.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 10, 2017, 1:17pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Marinerz93

SO why is Scunthorpe a good investment, they struggle with gates unless they get a local or big club. It seems to me that no one with money wants Fenty involved in any part of the deal. How do you know the executive boxes won't sell, they did in Championship and League 1 and League 2 when we had a side that tried.

Well firstly the Scunts have been solid league 1 for a bit, had time in the championship and been generally competitive whilst we have been in non league. They have had TV revenue etc.. whilst we have had the "change from down the back of the football pyramid sofa"

I think but don't know but would imagine that Scunny was a better investment as they are more likely to be able to build a new ground than we are. All the push back GTFC has faced on the stadium question increases the risk.

When Swann got involved with Scunny he may have had the choice, 1 Take on a club established in the FL who have a real opportunity to build a new stadium and have some of the gravy train incoming or 2 Take on a non league club with no reality to re-locate, with small income streams and pay in excess of £3 million to just get in the door before you attempt to get them out of a tin pot league where only 2 clubs can go up, park your allegiance to GTFC for a bit and ask yourself what would you do?    
Posted by: jonnyboy82, September 10, 2017, 1:21pm; Reply: 16
I would really like to ask him one question ..

" what on earth was you thinking ? "
Posted by: kevikov, September 10, 2017, 1:24pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from grimsby pete

Most likely because picking players and assessing quality is not his job? And most fans would be annoyed if he did assume control of player aquisition and scouting. Those two questions are for the managers imo.

Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 10, 2017, 1:26pm; Reply: 18
I guess the conclusion of all this is that we have a decision to make about whether the football is more important than the finance. I would find it very difficult to watch our team play non league football again and I suspect that there many others who would say the same. To let it happen once was unfortunate , to let it happen again would be unforgivable.
Posted by: Marinerz93, September 10, 2017, 1:34pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Well firstly the Scunts have been solid league 1 for a bit, had time in the championship and been generally competitive whilst we have been in non league. They have had TV revenue etc.. whilst we have had the "change from down the back of the football pyramid sofa"

I think but don't know but would imagine that Scunny was a better investment as they are more likely to be able to build a new ground than we are. All the push back GTFC has faced on the stadium question increases the risk.

When Swann got involved with Scunny he may have had the choice, 1 Take on a club established in the FL who have a real opportunity to build a new stadium and have some of the gravy train incoming or 2 Take on a non league club with no reality to re-locate, with small income streams and pay in excess of £3 million to just get in the door before you attempt to get them out of a tin pot league where only 2 clubs can go up, park your allegiance to GTFC for a bit and ask yourself what would you do?    

Fair points but Scunny fan base at League 1 was far shorter than ours at non league level and relied on large away support whilst we were stuck with one man and his dog, in fact we had more stewards in the away end than fans in most games. Most clubs who had financial backing in non league got promoted quicker than those who didn't.
Posted by: grimps, September 10, 2017, 1:44pm; Reply: 20
Bignot was sacked because we was losing too many games shipping in 4 or 5 goals , Slades team is now doing the same so I guess without some sort of improvment he'll soon end up going the same way
Posted by: Cloudy, September 10, 2017, 1:59pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from arryarryarry

I suppose it is a fact that everyone is ageing but our squad is not particularly old,
3 defenders a midfielder and a striker who are over 30 makes 5 out of what 25/26? May have missed one but it is a myth we have an old squad.

Regarding the opening post I just think the club is stale from the top. The major shareholder, the CEO, the accounts team and the office staff have all been in situ for decades. Stuck in their ways. I think every business benefits from evolving, adapting to change and seeing fresh ideas being brought it. It never happens with GTFC.
The one breath of fresh air we had when LJL Adid his Christmas video etc was brought in by the young chap who had a bit of a fresh approach but he soon moved on and we are back to Dale heading up he PR.

Not saying change for change sake but the whole club is tired and it shows.

It just appears to be JSF's way or the highway. Time to stand aside, even if your loans have to remain and let a vibrant new board have a go
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, September 10, 2017, 2:04pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from grimps
Bignot was sacked because we was losing too many games shipping in 4 or 5 goals , Slades team is now doing the same so I guess without some sort of improvment he'll soon end up going the same way

That is the bottom line isn't it? Slade must start getting the team to gel or he will go the same way as any other manager. I supported his appointment at the time, but if Coventry fans were right and he has lost that spark that every manager needs he will be a goner. He knows this himself of course, and hopefully he will be working very hard to improve the teams performance.

On a more fundamental level, although a decent manager is the most important employee at a club, it is hard to see us doing anything too special without new investment. But to get new investment we need a board that is happy to accept it, and agree on a more collegiate approach. It isn't going to happen is it?

Posted by: friskneymariner, September 10, 2017, 2:10pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from ginnywings

I get that people are p1ssed off and want to have a rant and i'm sure the "happy clapper" line will get thrown out very shortly, but form can and does change quickly in football.

. Beginning to wish i'd not bought it but i'm stuck for the long haul now.

Probably what Slade is thinking about some of the players he brought in.
Posted by: GrimRob, September 10, 2017, 2:57pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from grimps

Slade's record is quite a bit worse

MB:

P 27      W 9      D 7      L 11

RS

P 13     W 4      D 2      L 7

I think it's fair to say that MB was sacked partly for non-football reasons, his results were not bad enough in their own right to be sacked. Slade's only defence  is that he hasn't been given long enough.
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 10, 2017, 3:23pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from kevikov

Most likely because picking players and assessing quality is not his job? And most fans would be annoyed if he did assume control of player aquisition and scouting. Those two questions are for the managers imo.

You are right it is not his job but did the manager ask for a lump sum to buy a decent one ?

Plus when we had got to the stage of having about 30 players on the books why did he not ask before it got to that state, why do you need so many players ?

In my opinion most of the Bogle money has been wasted on players wages some of which was never going to play a game for us.

Or does Fenty say its your job you do whatever you want I will not interfere , I don't think so.
Posted by: lowerfindus, September 10, 2017, 3:41pm; Reply: 26
When enough fans wake up to the fact that Fenty is the problem and start to act together to place pressure on him to change/leave/show some responsibility for his actions then we may well move forward. Until then we a stuck in this fenty lead misery cycle.

Would be nice to see one of our big away supports really direct some vocal thought on his tenure as chairman instead of some of our players who irrelevant of ability are not the root of all evil.
Posted by: TAGG, September 10, 2017, 3:53pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Did he????
Seems to me he just put names on bits of paper through em in the air.
The first 11 name to hit the dressing room floor got a game.
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 10, 2017, 4:05pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from TAGG

Did he????
Seems to me he just put names on bits of paper through em in the air.
The first 11 name to hit the dressing room floor got a game.

He had a long term plan,

BUT

Had not worked out a short term one before he was shown the door.
Posted by: mariner91, September 10, 2017, 4:06pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from lowerfindus
When enough fans wake up to the fact that Fenty is the problem and start to act together to place pressure on him to change/leave/show some responsibility for his actions then we may well move forward. Until then we a stuck in this fenty lead misery cycle.

Would be nice to see one of our big away supports really direct some vocal thought on his tenure as chairman instead of some of our players who irrelevant of ability are not the root of all evil.

Absolutely this. I'm not old enough to remember Bill Carr but my old man told me he used to get a lot of stick and that was when things weren't going well a couple of divisions above this. We've just had the worst 15 years of the club's history, all under the watch of one man and very little seems to have been said about it, startling really.
Posted by: 1542 (Guest), September 10, 2017, 4:10pm; Reply: 30
Until he steps down, this Club will go nowhere!

I don't think he wants promotion because he is worried about operating costs in the higher division.

Completely 100% right, it's about him and his ego!!

If he loved this Club so much, he'd let it go and release the ransoms of his silly little benign loans!!

As for the Bogle money, I reckon he splashed loads out on Slade!!

Club is spiralling into to Doldrums once more!
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, September 10, 2017, 4:18pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from mariner91

Absolutely this. I'm not old enough to remember Bill Carr but my old man told me he used to get a lot of stick and that was when things weren't going well a couple of divisions above this. We've just had the worst 15 years of the club's history, all under the watch of one man and very little seems to have been said about it, startling really.

I think people have become resigned to Fenty, because there is no obvious way to get him out. Every man and his dog knows the problems stem from the top, and managers are there to take the flak for the lack of proper investment and the inability of the club to really move forward. I think it also common knowledge that Mr. Fenty likes to be top dog; even new investment is not really a goer because he finds it difficult to work with other people and having to share the limelight.

The only way is for Fenty to be bought out which won't happen either as no one is going to pay him for his mistakes, hence the apathy/acceptance from the fans.

Having said all that if we really do get caught up in another relegation scrap I think he will start to feel the heat.  
Posted by: Cloudy, September 10, 2017, 4:33pm; Reply: 32
Haven't seen the last few years accounts but I have a question for anyone who does;

Has JF's loans or shareholding increased at all in, say, the last 3 years?

I am just trying to ascertain if he has made any further investment OR if the club at the current level is essentially funded by the fans and commercial income?
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 10, 2017, 4:51pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from mariner91

I do remember Bill Carr, a lovely bloke who ended up carrying the can for not taking us beyond the Championship. We've now got a bloke intent on taking us into oblivion for the second time, mainly because he's engineered a situation where we can't get rid of him.
Posted by: Marinerz93, September 10, 2017, 5:05pm; Reply: 34
I think it's time to call Fenty to the fishy to justify himself like fans he has called to the club. So come on Fenty, your quick to have your two pence when you want, your pretty quite now though. What do you have to say for yourself.
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, September 10, 2017, 5:51pm; Reply: 35
Like most here I'm just at a loss as to where we go from here.  It's abundantly clear that JF is a millstone around the neck of the club, both in terms of his attitude and interpersonal skills, and the "Benign" £3m revolver pointed at the club's temple.

Like many, during the non-league years, I was prepared to accept his egomaniacal benevolence as a price worth paying at a time when we needed subsidy to stay afloat.  Now, back in the league, we should (should) be able to at least break even, stabilise and at least run the club in a competent manner until someone or something shows up.

I've no idea who might come in to take over, whether it be a local consortium, David Ross or whoever, but one thing looks certain, that won't happen while JF is at the helm.

Perhaps the short term aim of the fans needs to be to clarify exactly what these loans are, and what JFs exit conditions are, then to up the pressure from there?
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 10, 2017, 6:12pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from HackneyHaddock
Like most here I'm just at a loss as to where we go from here.  It's abundantly clear that JF is a millstone around the neck of the club, both in terms of his attitude and interpersonal skills, and the "Benign" £3m revolver pointed at the club's temple.

Like many, during the non-league years, I was prepared to accept his egomaniacal benevolence as a price worth paying at a time when we needed subsidy to stay afloat.  Now, back in the league, we should (should) be able to at least break even, stabilise and at least run the club in a competent manner until someone or something shows up.

I've no idea who might come in to take over, whether it be a local consortium, David Ross or whoever, but one thing looks certain, that won't happen while JF is at the helm.

Perhaps the short term aim of the fans needs to be to clarify exactly what these loans are, and what JFs exit conditions are, then to up the pressure from there?

Most businessmen have an exit strategy. I'm struggling to work out what Fenty's is, although I think there's a growing number who might be able to assist his thought process.
Posted by: RichMariner, September 10, 2017, 6:14pm; Reply: 37
Turn the clock back and give Paul Hurst his strength and conditioning coach, or whatever else he was asking for in an effort to take this club forward. I refuse to believe that any of his demands were unreasonable.

He's been the only manager during the last 20 years that has brought any success to this town. You should've just backed him and not listened to the small number of whinging fans who didn't like him because he supposedly never praised us, or sounded dour, or was from Yorkshire, etc.

He got us promoted. He signed the best asset we've had since Ryan Bennett. He proved himself. He'd have proven himself again in League 2 had we just believed in him (which we had no problem doing in the National League, funnily enough, when patience was at a premium).
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, September 10, 2017, 6:27pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Most businessmen have an exit strategy. I'm struggling to work out what Fenty's is, although I think there's a growing number who might be able to assist his thought process.

From what I gleaned from previous fans' forums, I think he believes he can wait for an offer and either be bought out or hand the club over in return for some investment meaning he can recoup some of his money later if there's some "football fortune" (huuuuge transfer, cup run, Sheikh/Oligarch buy-out etc).

I think JF is being wildly optimistic in holding out for some "football fortune" and if he wants to ensure a good legacy, should look at removing himself from the scene, either by triggering an automatic "benign loan write-off" or some sort of debt-into-equity conversion in the event of a takeover, or by just entrusting the football club to the people of Grimsby by cancelling his loans (subject to accountants/tax considerations) and walking away completely, paving the way for others.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 10, 2017, 6:28pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from RichMariner
Turn the clock back and give Paul Hurst his strength and conditioning coach, or whatever else he was asking for in an effort to take this club forward. I refuse to believe that any of his demands were unreasonable.

He's been the only manager during the last 20 years that has brought any success to this town. You should've just backed him and not listened to the small number of whinging fans who didn't like him because he supposedly never praised us, or sounded dour, or was from Yorkshire, etc.

He got us promoted. He signed the best asset we've had since Ryan Bennett. He proved himself. He'd have proven himself again in League 2 had we just believed in him (which we had no problem doing in the National League, funnily enough, when patience was at a premium).

I doubt the S&C coach would have solved the problem, felt like a bit of a smoke screen that sited both sides IMHO.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 10, 2017, 6:58pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from RichMariner

I think you're grossly misrepresenting people's opposition to Paul Hurst as manager. And misrepresenting the number.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 10, 2017, 7:02pm; Reply: 41

From what I gleaned from previous fans' forums, I think he believes he can wait for an offer and either be bought out or hand the club over in return for some investment meaning he can recoup some of his money later if there's some "football fortune" (huuuuge transfer, cup run, Sheikh/Oligarch buy-out etc).

I think JF is being wildly optimistic in holding out for some "football fortune" and if he wants to ensure a good legacy, should look at removing himself from the scene, either by triggering an automatic "benign loan write-off" or some sort of debt-into-equity conversion in the event of a takeover, or by just entrusting the football club to the people of Grimsby by cancelling his loans (subject to accountants/tax considerations) and walking away completely, paving the way for others.

I suspect the exit plan is linked to getting the new stadium built. The theory is that will provide us with the infrastructure to grow as a club and increase revenues.

That looks like a long shot ("it's all gone quiet over there") and looks like the act of a race horse owner gambling that his next winner will solve his problem.
Posted by: lukeo, September 10, 2017, 7:23pm; Reply: 42
Genuine question, what would it take for gtfc fans to take over the club? Exeter is fan and family run and runs very successfully. Genuine question, if it's a rediculous amount fair enough, but look what we did for Operation Promotion.. If Fenty was willing to give us a good price to step aside I'm sure we'd raise massive amount because we're mental like that!!
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, September 10, 2017, 7:31pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from lukeo
Genuine question, what would it take for gtfc fans to take over the club? Exeter is fan and family run and runs very successfully. Genuine question, if it's a rediculous amount fair enough, but look what we did for Operation Promotion.. If Fenty was willing to give us a good price to step aside I'm sure we'd raise massive amount because we're mental like that!!

Well I'd wager the cost is that of the value of the benign loans, did someone say 4.1m. We should get a discount for the shares that were given away though! 😂
Posted by: Badger57, September 10, 2017, 7:34pm; Reply: 44
There seems to be a lot of one red crosses here, Hi John, feeling the love? ;)
Posted by: Cloudy, September 10, 2017, 7:50pm; Reply: 45

It certainly shows twisted thinking imho.

If you wanted or even depended on football fortune then you can either cross your fingers or try and do something to bring it about.

After OP the fans were buoyant and all it took was for Fenty and say Mullen to make a little investment on the basis of speculate to accumulate.

The figures are largely irrelevant but let's say the playing budget was going to be £1m. If The two directors put in say £150k each that would have made it far easier to get the 3 or 4 top quality players in to give it a real go. ( We all saw that last season the League was not fantastic and we could have made at least the play offs)

Once you have secured your signings you go public, saying what you have done and then you want the fans to get behind the plan. It would have instantly boosted gate revenue and if the right players were chosen would be self financing.

Just think what an honest and open approach may do for moral and additional support.

Worst case scenario is it doesn't work and you fall short but I bet some of the additional income would offset the investment.

There will be lots of other ideas which are worth considering but just to cut cut and cut some more squeezes the life out of the club.

We had a brilliant chance to use the momentum of promotion instead JF quickly jumped on the sparks of enthusiasm with his ultra cautious outlook
Posted by: chaos33, September 10, 2017, 9:06pm; Reply: 46
I'd just like to say, that as pathetic as the gutless hoofball we are currently playing, is the sound of those harping on about Hurst and how we should have believed in him, or the conspiracy to oust progressive top coach of tomorrow Marcus Bignot. There are about four threads full of a load of f***ing cobblers about this and other related guff. Some people have got very short memories and the ability to change their tune because they're unhappy or frustrated. I'd say about 80% of Town fans were sick to death of Hurst about a year before he finally cupped his ears then sneakily nicked off. And Bignot? This board was filled with post after post trying to fathom what the hell he was trying to do and infuriated by his verbal blather. Now all of a sudden, we didn't mean it, some people are pretending they never posted what they did at the time (have a look back some of you) and these men have been squandered by the club. Give over!

We should roll our sleeves up and f***ing get on with it, and that goes for the players too. What's done is done. Whining on and on about the past or the major shareholder - demanding he come on here and explain himself! As if anything he could say could make it better! Let's get 10-15 games under our belt, and if things haven't improved, then decisions will pretty much make themselves anyway. Get a good result Tuesday night, and win at home next Saturday and the end won't quite be nigh will it. If only we'd believed old sniffer Doig eh! What have we done?! FFS.

UTM
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, September 10, 2017, 9:36pm; Reply: 47
According to last year's accounts, year ending May 16, directors loans equal £2,209,700 and Fenty's shares amount to £975,000, which means you need just under £3.2 million to get rid, unless, I have missed something in the accounts.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00034760/filing-history
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 10, 2017, 9:45pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis
According to last year's accounts, year ending May 16, directors loans equal £2,209,700 and Fenty's shares amount to £975,000, which means you need just under £3.2 million to get rid, unless, I have missed something in the accounts.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00034760/filing-history

I think you may have gotyourfactsright
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, September 10, 2017, 9:48pm; Reply: 49
It'll be interesting come November trying to dissect the accounts to see where the Bogle money went.
Posted by: heppy88, September 10, 2017, 10:08pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from chaos33
I'd just like to say, that as pathetic as the gutless hoofball we are currently playing, is the sound of those harping on about Hurst and how we should have believed in him, or the conspiracy to oust progressive top coach of tomorrow Marcus Bignot. There are about four threads full of a load of f***ing cobblers about this and other related guff. Some people have got very short memories and the ability to change their tune because they're unhappy or frustrated. I'd say about 80% of Town fans were sick to death of Hurst about a year before he finally cupped his ears then sneakily nicked off. And Bignot? This board was filled with post after post trying to fathom what the hell he was trying to do and infuriated by his verbal blather. Now all of a sudden, we didn't mean it, some people are pretending they never posted what they did at the time (have a look back some of you) and these men have been squandered by the club. Give over!

We should roll our sleeves up and f***ing get on with it, and that goes for the players too. What's done is done. Whining on and on about the past or the major shareholder - demanding he come on here and explain himself! As if anything he could say could make it better! Let's get 10-15 games under our belt, and if things haven't improved, then decisions will pretty much make themselves anyway. Get a good result Tuesday night, and win at home next Saturday and the end won't quite be nigh will it. If only we'd believed old sniffer Doig eh! What have we done?! FFS.

UTM

On the money Chaos.

A couple of back to back wins and the 4 threads will sink without trace. A good run and god forbid anyone criticize Fenty or Slade, they'll be having a red cross onslaught!

Posted by: Maringer, September 10, 2017, 10:12pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

Thankfully, our impoverished town is teeming with multi-multi-millionaires willing to chuck away a few million quid with the promise of more to follow in the future. I'm sure they'll all be knocking on Fenty's door first thing Monday morning asking into which hole their money should be tipped.

Chances of any new sugardaddy taking over from Fenty are slim to nonexistent, I'm afraid. Not that this would necessarily be a good thing in any case.

Good or ill, I think we're stuck with him until we either get some success or he gets sick of it all. Neither seems too likely at the moment.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 10, 2017, 10:20pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from heppy88

On the money Chaos.

A couple of back to back wins and the 4 threads will sink without trace. A good run and god forbid anyone criticize Fenty or Slade, they'll be having a red cross onslaught!

Complete bollox, a few wins would paper over the cracks that have been papered over countless times before. Arsenal fans moan about failure, they should have tried putting up with 15 years of this tripe.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, September 10, 2017, 10:34pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from Maringer

Thankfully, our impoverished town is teeming with multi-multi-millionaires willing to chuck away a few million quid with the promise of more to follow in the future. I'm sure they'll all be knocking on Fenty's door first thing Monday morning asking into which hole their money should be tipped.

Chances of any new sugardaddy taking over from Fenty are slim to nonexistent, I'm afraid. Not that this would necessarily be a good thing in any case.

Good or ill, I think we're stuck with him until we either get some success or he gets sick of it all. Neither seems too likely at the moment.

Mike Parker wasn't non existent was he? He has a hell of lot more money than Fenty, but our esteemed leader even managed to member that up.
Posted by: moosey_club, September 10, 2017, 10:49pm; Reply: 54
I am fairly sure that JF has already gone on record ( post Parkergate ) as saying he would welcome outside investment and that his loans would be made benign should he hand over control to someone with the best interests of the club at heart, going as far as to say he wouldnt put the club at risk by calling in his loans, IIRC.
Therefore we should presume that no suitable parties have come forward with honest intentions, suitable funding and realistic plans to meet his requirements and ultimately ours, after all do we want him to just hand the club over to any passing chancer ?  Plenty of old school chairmen have done that to see clubs stripped bare and on the verge of oblivion.

Until we get to a potential suitable takeover scenario then guessing, accusing and supposing what JF will do is pointless and moral sapping.  

That leaves any anti JF movement with a couple of realistic options;

Approach JF through the trust, or directly, to find out what sort of package he would require to pass over his control in the club......then either.....

Set up an independant consortium, seek your own outside investment, raise the capital to initially buy and then run the club to a financial footing at least equal to what we have now....
Or
work with JF to promote the club to potential investor markets aiding JF either secure greater funding to improve our financial picture or to completely sell out.

Its very easy to spend somone elses fortune, its very easy to sit without all the financial and business information on your shoulders and draw blind conclusions.

Is he perfect ?  No

If you want him out then come up with a viable, sustainable alternative to achieve it and put it into action, hounding out someone who we owe around 3m to without a Plan B would not be a wise business move.
Posted by: Maringer, September 10, 2017, 10:54pm; Reply: 55
Mike Parker might well have more money than Fenty but the fact that he's not involved in the club at all would tend to indicate he wouldn't pony up when it came to the point of losing plenty of it. Not that I'll criticise him for it.

Never met him myself, but a friend who used to work for him says Parker is a decent bloke. Obviously one too busy or sensible to want to own a football club.
Posted by: LH, September 10, 2017, 10:57pm; Reply: 56
A good post that Moosey. I wouldn't want us to force JF into a corner that he HAD to sell up and ended up selling to a dodgy foreign consortium when we could work together to find the best option. It always has to be in the best interests of the club.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, September 10, 2017, 11:24pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from Maringer
Mike Parker might well have more money than Fenty but the fact that he's not involved in the club at all would tend to indicate he wouldn't pony up when it came to the point of losing plenty of it. Not that I'll criticise him for it.

Never met him myself, but a friend who used to work for him says Parker is a decent bloke. Obviously one too busy or sensible to want to own a football club.

Parker put well over a million quid into the club in shares which is pretty much a gift. He didn't saddle the club with any debt. It's a shame he is no longer in the boardroom. It's also a shame some people still are.

Posted by: headingly_mariner, September 10, 2017, 11:27pm; Reply: 58
Quoted from moosey_club
I am fairly sure that JF has already gone on record ( post Parkergate ) as saying he would welcome outside investment and that his loans would be made benign should he hand over control to someone with the best interests of the club at heart, going as far as to say he wouldnt put the club at risk by calling in his loans, IIRC.
Therefore we should presume that no suitable parties have come forward with honest intentions, suitable funding and realistic plans to meet his requirements and ultimately ours, after all do we want him to just hand the club over to any passing chancer ?  Plenty of old school chairmen have done that to see clubs stripped bare and on the verge of oblivion.

Until we get to a potential suitable takeover scenario then guessing, accusing and supposing what JF will do is pointless and moral sapping.  

Approach JF through the trust, or directly, to find out what sort of package he would require to pass over his control in the club......then either.....

Set up an independant consortium, seek your own outside investment, raise the capital to initially buy and then run the club to a financial footing at least equal to what we have now....
Or
work with JF to promote the club to potential investor markets aiding JF either secure greater funding to improve our financial picture or to completely sell out.

Its very easy to spend somone elses fortune, its very easy to sit without all the financial and business information on your shoulders and draw blind conclusions.

Is he perfect ?  No

If you want him out then come up with a viable, sustainable alternative to achieve it and put it into action, hounding out someone who we owe around 3m to without a Plan B would not be a wise business move.

It's basically been said that the loans are benign until the club makes any money. Until they're written off there won't be any interest.

Posted by: Maringer, September 10, 2017, 11:33pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Parker put well over a million quid into the club in shares which is pretty much a gift. He didn't saddle the club with any debt. It's a shame he is no longer in the boardroom. It's also a shame some people still are.

I don't deny Parker spent/lost a good amount of money. Just pointing out that he didn't want to go the whole hog and take charge. Again, this is fair enough.

Thus far, Fenty is the one who put his money where his mouth is (albeit mostly as 'benign loans'), so that's the current ownership situation and that's where we stand for the foreseeable future.
Posted by: Cloudy, September 11, 2017, 8:12am; Reply: 60
Fenty put his money in years ago and has added very little (if any) over the last few years. The only money over and above fan and commercial income came from the Mullens.

JSF cannot call his loans in ( and nor can any other director who has loaned the club money) unless the club can afford to repay. They cannot and therefore JSF clings to the football fortune raft.

I think deep down he knows he isnt getting the loans back so an offer for his £1m shareholding and being able to demonstrate you could 'take the club forward' would be an acceptable starting point for negotiation.

You would NOT have to pay anything like £4m to take over GTFC
Posted by: pizzzza, September 11, 2017, 9:15am; Reply: 61
#operationtakeover
Posted by: 1mickylyons, September 11, 2017, 10:27am; Reply: 62
Quoted from lowerfindus

JF really has had an easy ride from the terraces when you think of what he`s let happen during his reign.Bill Carr got dogs abuse for far less and I also think the times coming where maybe the fans have now fully had enough of JF and can see the Club going backwards once again.Lincoln have proved what can be done with a positive all for one attitude and where was this at Grimsby following the FGR win at Wembley.Lincoln kept the promoted side together and added we let the team fade away by penny pinching et al now look what we`ve got journeymen who don`t give a rats about the Club.GOING DOWN
Posted by: 1mickylyons, September 11, 2017, 10:33am; Reply: 63

I am hoping against all hopes that JF is hanging on to deliver the stadium then walk away leaving what he regards a legacy to the football club and IF he gets a few quid from that good for him.However from a football point of view the sooner he goes the better.
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 11, 2017, 10:45am; Reply: 64
We could do a deal with him,

If we call the new stadium  THE FENTY DOME,

He walks away and takes his loans with him,

That just might work.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, September 11, 2017, 10:59am; Reply: 65
Quoted from grimsby pete

That just might work.

Nice try Pete but I think it's going to take more than that
Posted by: Ipswin, September 11, 2017, 11:03am; Reply: 66
Quoted from grimsby pete

That just might work.

Pete

There isn't going to be a new stadium, it will never happen
Posted by: headingly_mariner, September 11, 2017, 11:16am; Reply: 67
Quoted from Maringer

I don't deny Parker spent/lost a good amount of money. Just pointing out that he didn't want to go the whole hog and take charge. Again, this is fair enough.

Thus far, Fenty is the one who put his money where his mouth is (albeit mostly as 'benign loans'), so that's the current ownership situation and that's where we stand for the foreseeable future.

I would have a closer look at the reasons he left and the share issue. He was shafted out of the club and the issue was wholly avoidable.
A loan is not benign if somebody wants it back however far in the future that might be.
Posted by: friskneymariner, September 11, 2017, 11:36am; Reply: 68
There is so much what has happened behind close doors that we the paying customers do not know about,lack of transparency  only benefits one person and as a business practice is  quite ante antediluvian..
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 11, 2017, 12:11pm; Reply: 69
Quoted from Ipswin

Pete

Stop being so bloody negative, it was only 1995 when the new stadium was announced, give them a bit of time FFS.
Posted by: moosey_club, September 11, 2017, 12:30pm; Reply: 70

I would have a closer look at the reasons he left and the share issue. He was shafted out of the club and the issue was wholly avoidable.
A loan is not benign if somebody wants it back however far in the future that might be.

Only a selected few individuals know what happened, mainly the two main parties themselves...from what i know of, wasnt it he put his money in shares and JF put his in in loans, which was not what MP was expecting ?

Now to me, if you are sticking in a significant amount of cash into an investment surely you would have the terms for that fully agreed and signed before parting with the cash ? That way if the agreement was broken you would have cause to be reimbursed ?

As i say i dont know the full details but i have always thought it strange that a succesful businessman like MP seemed to pretty much walk away from an investment without an apparent great fight. Was he turned over by JF ? Did he fail in his own due diligence on the deal ? Did he just decide he couldnt work with the board after joining and had enough personal fortune to just walk away ?

Dont think we will ever know.
Posted by: 139914 (Guest), September 11, 2017, 12:35pm; Reply: 71
Quoted from Cloudy
Fenty put his money in years ago and has added very little (if any) over the last few years. The only money over and above fan and commercial income came from the Mullens.

JSF cannot call his loans in ( and nor can any other director who has loaned the club money) unless the club can afford to repay. They cannot and therefore JSF clings to the football fortune raft.

I think deep down he knows he isnt getting the loans back so an offer for his £1m shareholding and being able to demonstrate you could 'take the club forward' would be an acceptable starting point for negotiation.

You would NOT have to pay anything like £4m to take over GTFC

Good post.  Just to expand further, would anyone seriously want the Trust running the club?  Didn't MP offer up that opportunity but the wise heads 'gifted' Fenty the shares.  Are those shares included in fentys holding?

The only way we will ever get rid of him is to stop funding the club through merchandise and tickets.  The club is an utter shambles and has been throughout his tenure.
Posted by: Barrattstander, September 11, 2017, 12:51pm; Reply: 72
Quoted from moosey_club

Only a selected few individuals know what happened, mainly the two main parties themselves...from what i know of, wasnt it he put his money in shares and JF put his in in loans, which was not what MP was expecting ?

Now to me, if you are sticking in a significant amount of cash into an investment surely you would have the terms for that fully agreed and signed before parting with the cash ? That way if the agreement was broken you would have cause to be reimbursed ?

As i say i dont know the full details but i have always thought it strange that a succesful businessman like MP seemed to pretty much walk away from an investment without an apparent great fight. Was he turned over by JF ? Did he fail in his own due diligence on the deal ? Did he just decide he couldnt work with the board after joining and had enough personal fortune to just walk away ?

He may appear to have 'walked away' from the club, but according to the last Company Accounts he still owns 22% of the shares.
Posted by: barralad, September 11, 2017, 1:12pm; Reply: 73
Quoted from 139914

Good post.  Just to expand further, would anyone seriously want the Trust running the club?  Didn't MP offer up that opportunity but the wise heads 'gifted' Fenty the shares.  Are those shares included in fentys holding?

The only way we will ever get rid of him is to stop funding the club through merchandise and tickets.  The club is an utter shambles and has been throughout his tenure.

Ok I'll bite! If The Trust were running the club they'd be running it without me. There would be an obvious need to recruit people with far more experience and business acumen than our current group of very well-meaning amateurs.
The share offer was made around the time of the relaunch of the Trust. At no time was it communicated that we should use the shares to "Go it alone" as far as I'm aware. We were in no position whatsover to run a professional football club-neither did we have sufficient shares to enable it to happen. We must have been over this a hundred times but the decision to make the shares over to J.F. was made by the membership in a vote. The fact that J.F. threatened to sell players may have influenced that decision but it was what it was. As far as I'm aware Mr Parker retains a significant shareholding in GTFC.
Posted by: barralad, September 11, 2017, 1:20pm; Reply: 74

Do you have any evidence for that (genuine question) because as far as I'm aware Mr Parker has never revealed in public why he walked away? The decision to "gift" those shares to The Trust caught us completely on the hop.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, September 11, 2017, 1:23pm; Reply: 75
Quoted from moosey_club

I'm sure at the time there were great interviews with Parker who explained the issue. I think the commitment to put money in as shares was made publically at either a fans forum or in an interview. I wonder if anyone can find it now

Posted by: grimsby pete, September 11, 2017, 1:28pm; Reply: 76
Quoted from barralad

Ok I'll bite! If The Trust were running the club they'd be running it without me. There would be an obvious need to recruit people with far more experience and business acumen than our current group of very well-meaning amateurs.
The share offer was made around the time of the relaunch of the Trust. At no time was it communicated that we should use the shares to "Go it alone" as far as I'm aware. We were in no position whatsover to run a professional football club-neither did we have sufficient shares to enable it to happen. We must have been over this a hundred times but the decision to make the shares over to J.F. was made by the membership in a vote. The fact that J.F. threatened to sell players may have influenced that decision but it was what it was. As far as I'm aware Mr Parker retains a significant shareholding in GTFC.

Have you sorted out my membership card yet Ian ?
(majnu)
Posted by: Mariner_09, September 11, 2017, 2:00pm; Reply: 77
It would have been interesting to see how we'd have started the season under Bignot. Of course hindsight is 20/20 vision but looking back it's difficult to see that MB could have done any worse than Slade. I'm sure people said that he tore the squad to bits at Solihull and left players unhappy but when he got his own players in with his own way of thinking they were successful.

After all, his recruitment was actually quite good, there were a few unnecessary signings but Jones, Osborne, Clements and possibly Asante (when fit) looks to be a good effort for me. I have maintained that he wasted a lot of money on Gunning, Yussuf, Maxwell and even the extension of Comley's loan seemed pointless. He talked a lot of rubbish and sometimes his tactics were baffling but maybe, just maybe with some time and the squad that finished last season we'd have been ok again this season and at the end of the this season he could have fully built up his own side without all of Hurst's signings he didn't want we'd have gone forward as he'd have signed more prospects and they'd have been hungrier.

Slade seems to have signed a load of journeymen who are clearly inferior to their predecessors. Dixon, Hooper, Clarke, Cardwell and Kelly all look like poor signings or worse than what was before. Only Rose, Dembele and maybe DJ look better than what they replaced. Hope they all eventually gel and become a good unit but I doubt it
Posted by: moosey_club, September 11, 2017, 2:29pm; Reply: 78
Quoted from Mariner_09
It would have been interesting to see how we'd have started the season under Bignot. Of course hindsight is 20/20 vision but looking back it's difficult to see that MB could have done any worse than Slade. I'm sure people said that he tore the squad to bits at Solihull and left players unhappy but when he got his own players in with his own way of thinking they were successful.

Interstingly enough Slade, up until Saturday, had started the season with exactly the same run of results as Hurst had the season before, we are currently 1 point worse off than what we managed under what appears in some circles to be the "new messiah's" start after he tore up the promotion squad.

Posted by: arryarryarry, September 11, 2017, 2:53pm; Reply: 79
Quoted from barralad

Do you have any evidence for that (genuine question) because as far as I'm aware Mr Parker has never revealed in public why he walked away? The decision to "gift" those shares to The Trust caught us completely on the hop.

He was interviewed on Radio Humberside, I was listening to it travelling to an evening match at BP.
Posted by: Garth, September 11, 2017, 3:01pm; Reply: 80
Quote Mariner09

Slade seems to have signed a load of journeymen who are clearly inferior to their predecessors. Dixon, Hooper, Clarke, Cardwell and Kelly all look like poor signings or worse than what was before. Only Rose, Dembele and maybe DJ look better than what they replaced. Hope they all eventually gel and become a good unit but I doubt it

And there IMO lies the problem, by signing players that are not an improvement on what we had even in the Conference, is showing in the results.
It seems that Slade`s opinion on the likes of Kelly, Clarke and Hooper are moulded on what they were, and what they did,  not on today`s reality, the way we think of Herne, Connell and Dis. Can they improve?

Its his bed, he made it he will have to lie on it, I still believe that if we show the same fighting spirit as the play off final team did and discard players who show no desire or skill we will be OK
Posted by: headingly_mariner, September 11, 2017, 3:02pm; Reply: 81
Quoted from barralad

As others have said he gave quite a detailed interview with Radio Humberside. It might be worth a listen if you can still get it.
Posted by: barralad, September 11, 2017, 3:24pm; Reply: 82
Quoted from arryarryarry

He was interviewed on Radio Humberside, I was listening to it travelling to an evening match at BP.

I've tried to find it but no luck. Do you have any suggestions as to where it might be possible to get it from?
Posted by: Garth, September 11, 2017, 3:27pm; Reply: 83
Quoted from barralad

I've tried to find it but no luck. Do you have any suggestions as to where it might be possible to get it from?

Some of his quotes are on the Fishy 2011, just google Mike Parker interview Radio Humberside
Posted by: headingly_mariner, September 11, 2017, 3:48pm; Reply: 84
Quoted from Garth

Some of his quotes are on the Fishy 2011, just google Mike Parker interview Radio Humberside

I think that is from when he left the board. Not following from the share issue.
Posted by: Quagmire, September 11, 2017, 3:51pm; Reply: 85
Quoted from Garth

I don't think the interview that is discussed on the Fishy back in 2011 that you find when Googling the above relates to the time when Parker gifted the shares to the Trust, it relates to when Parker stepped down from the board due to board voting issues.  
Posted by: headingly_mariner, September 11, 2017, 3:57pm; Reply: 86
Quoted from barralad

http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=3416 this gives a breakdown of what Parker said although I can't find the actual interview.
Posted by: barralad, September 11, 2017, 4:16pm; Reply: 87

http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=3416 this gives a breakdown of what Parker said although I can't find the actual interview.

Cheers. This does seem to predate the big shares handover which if memory serves me correct was October 2011. I suspect at the point of this interview he hadn't decided to weaken his own holding which might suggest that he was looking at what options he had as the second largest shareholder. As far as I'm aware the reasons for giving The Trust the shares is still a mystery.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, September 11, 2017, 4:25pm; Reply: 88
Quoted from barralad

Cheers. This does seem to predate the big shares handover which if memory serves me correct was October 2011. I suspect at the point of this interview he hadn't decided to weaken his own holding which might suggest that he was looking at what options he had as the second largest shareholder. As far as I'm aware the reasons for giving The Trust the shares is still a mystery.

I think you're right. If you read what was said he talked about installing his own Chairman and having them run the club for him.
The apparent reason for giving the trust the shares is so he didn't have to make an offer for the rest of the club's shares.
This is the key information for me

Quoted Text
[/quote]He proceeded to remind us he is on record more than once as saying he doesn't have either the ambition or the time to be chairman of the club. Now he has to go and look for a Chairman to represent his and the clubs interests. He explained that, as publicly promised, he and Fenty had each put a £500,000 cash injection in to fund the club budget to the end of this season. Parker had invested his monies in by buying shares to strengthen the clubs balance sheet (and to avoid the criticisms levelled at Fenty about 'benign debt' I assume). Fenty had surprised Parker by loaning the club his share of the million quid needed to support the loss-making business through one more season. This created the situation where Parker owned a much bigger percentage of the club then Fenty.

Parker confirmed that his extra shares had only been purchased with full board consent and that the transaction had occurred at the beginning of July 2011. Cue even more surprise he said at reading that Fenty seemed astonished at the turn of events.[quote]

Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 11, 2017, 5:41pm; Reply: 89
As this thread is aimed for the attention of Mr Fenty, I would like to ask a question.

Is there any aspect of the club, on the pitch or off the pitch, that you feel has improved while you have been in charge?
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 11, 2017, 5:58pm; Reply: 90
What a different world it would be if,

Parker had stayed and Fenty had gone.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 11, 2017, 6:00pm; Reply: 91
Quoted from grimsby pete
What a different world it would be if,

Parker had stayed and Fenty had gone.

Who knows Pete?
Posted by: crusty ole pie, September 11, 2017, 6:04pm; Reply: 92
Quoted from MuddyWaters
As this thread is aimed for the attention of Mr Fenty, I would like to ask a question.

Is there any aspect of the club, on the pitch or off the pitch, that you feel has improved while you have been in charge?

Front lawn looks nice
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 11, 2017, 6:07pm; Reply: 93
Quoted from crusty ole pie

Front lawn looks nice

Probably covered in dogshit!
Posted by: Marinerz93, September 11, 2017, 6:11pm; Reply: 94
Quoted from Maringer

I've got a car, the type you've always wanted and you can buy it at book price. However, since I failed to maintain it and bodged certain jobs I had to take loans out to put things right, that'll cost £3 million on top, still want to buy that car.

The Benign loans are for Fenty to burden not the club, it was his mistakes and cheap options that put the club neck deep in excrement, why would any one want to pay him back that sort of money for his cockups?
Posted by: pizzzza, September 11, 2017, 6:13pm; Reply: 95
Can't believe we have got to page 10 and still not been able to goad a response from Getyourfactsright.

C'mon John, have you forgotten your Fishy password?  ;D
Posted by: Marinerz93, September 11, 2017, 6:15pm; Reply: 96
Quoted from barralad

He did indeed threaten to sell Hearn and also withhold payments matching Parker. Also isn't it very strange that Fenty also put a block on the trust accepting any more shares from Parker.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, September 11, 2017, 6:20pm; Reply: 97
Quoted from Marinerz93

I've got a car, the type you've always wanted and you can buy it at book price. However, since I failed to maintain it and bodged certain jobs I had to take loans out to put things right, that'll cost £3 million on top, still want to buy that car.

The Benign loans are for Fenty to burden not the club, it was his mistakes and cheap options that put the club neck deep in excrement, why would any one want to pay him back that sort of money for his cockups?

Nobody is the answer. He presumably wants his money back which can only happen if and when the new stadium is built? If that suffers a setback he has a big decision to make.

Posted by: grimsby pete, September 11, 2017, 6:26pm; Reply: 98
Another thing if it was not Fenty in charge I bet we would have been in our new stadium years ago,

He rubs other councillors up the wrong way so they get their own back by stalling his plans at every opportunity.
Posted by: Bigdog, September 11, 2017, 7:29pm; Reply: 99
Quoted from moosey_club

Set up an independent consortium, seek your own outside investment, raise the capital to initially buy and then run the club to a financial footing at least equal to what we have now....
Or

This section of Moosey's post is the only blueprint fans have got to instigate change. It's written in the club's accounts that the directors have a duty to attract inward investment to improve the club's financial position.

And as Barra said of the Trust "There would be an obvious need to recruit people with far more experience and business acumen than our current group of very well-meaning amateurs."

Pretty much everything else on this thread is a sounding board of moans or opinions of what has gone on in the past or frets about our current position.

The burning question is, has anyone got the greater desire to do something about it?
Posted by: 1542 (Guest), September 11, 2017, 7:39pm; Reply: 100
All because.......

He has HIS own Agenda and HIS best interests at heart!
Posted by: 139914 (Guest), September 11, 2017, 8:22pm; Reply: 101
Quoted from barralad

Ian, I assume that's your name, seen it used a few times.  Just to be clear, I wasn't questioning your competence or indeed that of any trust member.  Let's be honest, there's a tiny minority of well run clubs, it would be a very big ask to expect well meaning fans to run a club without experience and more importantly, without cash.  I see how my post could be deemed inflammatory, that wasn't the intention but I apologise irrespective.
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 11, 2017, 8:32pm; Reply: 102
It does.not take a brain surgeon to run a business you just have to bring in more money than you spend

Simple
Posted by: Mariner_501, September 11, 2017, 8:35pm; Reply: 103
No Pete
Posted by: Mariner_501, September 11, 2017, 8:35pm; Reply: 104
If it was that easy everybody would do it lol
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 11, 2017, 8:42pm; Reply: 105
Quoted from Ipswin

Pete

So he can call it what the bloody hell he likes
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 11, 2017, 9:03pm; Reply: 106
Two clubs off the top of my head: AFC Wimbledon and Exeter City.

Can't believe there isn't the ability out there to match that.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, September 11, 2017, 9:04pm; Reply: 107
Quoted from RichMariner

He's been the only manager during the last 20 years that has brought any success to this town. You should've just backed him and not listened to the small number of whinging fans who didn't like him because he supposedly never praised us, or sounded dour, or was from Yorkshire, etc. wasn't Buckley

That's why a MINORITY didn't like him.
Posted by: 139914 (Guest), September 11, 2017, 9:14pm; Reply: 108
My favourite all time quote from the megalomaniac, sorry JF.  'We don't want to devalue the product'.  So Mr Fenty, apart from devaluing the product to the point that it's worth less than the Pategonian zob, what have you done?  Without wishing to answer my own question, I feel it important to put forward a suggestion.  Perhaps, just perhaps you've allowed an over inflated ego, coupled with less planning than you would find embossed on a rizla paper, in 48 pt font, to completely ruin a once proud club.  Shame on you, you and you alone are responsible for the state of the club.  So you put less than 10% of your nett worth into the club, ONCE.  Well done, there are numerous fans who put double that percentage of their disposable income in every week.

You have zero credibility and no honour.  My money stays firmly in my pocket until I either die or you have no association with the once proud GTFC.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 11, 2017, 9:43pm; Reply: 109
Quoted from 139914
My favourite all time quote from the megalomaniac, sorry JF.  'We don't want to devalue the product'.  So Mr Fenty, apart from devaluing the product to the point that it's worth less than the Pategonian zob, what have you done?  Without wishing to answer my own question, I feel it important to put forward a suggestion.  Perhaps, just perhaps you've allowed an over inflated ego, coupled with less planning than you would find embossed on a rizla paper, in 48 pt font, to completely ruin a once proud club.  Shame on you, you and you alone are responsible for the state of the club.  So you put less than 10% of your nett worth into the club, ONCE.  Well done, there are numerous fans who put double that percentage of their disposable income in every week.

You have zero credibility and no honour.  My money stays firmly in my pocket until I either die or you have no association with the once proud GTFC.

Whilst agreeing with everything you said, it's like talking to a brick wall. Mr Fenty's too stubborn and/or arrogant to accept that this mess is his fault. The constant dismissal of everything the supporters have put up with shows exactly the contempt with which we are treated. In Fenty world, as long as we are contributing, we really don't matter.
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 11, 2017, 9:47pm; Reply: 110
Fact   Fenfy  believes he is the saviour of the club,
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, September 11, 2017, 9:49pm; Reply: 111
Fact.  Fenty is THE reason we were in the conference.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, September 11, 2017, 9:57pm; Reply: 112
Fact... I mean fiction: We are targeting a playoff place this season.
Posted by: fleabag1970, September 11, 2017, 10:01pm; Reply: 113
It is simple .... boycotting the games will force change
Posted by: lukeo, September 11, 2017, 10:07pm; Reply: 114
#OperationTakeover
Posted by: Grim74, September 11, 2017, 10:07pm; Reply: 115
Don't remember to many people slagging Fenty off when Slade and Wilko were appointed, I seem to recall people giving him credit for sacking Bignot so soon, I think the buck stops with Slade he knew the Budget he Knew what he was up against and looking at the size of the squad he's had plenty of backing.
We are all drunk off that the team is a shadow of the one that won us promotion but it's still early days so we have to stick with what we have at least for a few months and hope things improve.
Posted by: Hagrid, September 11, 2017, 10:17pm; Reply: 116
Quoted from fleabag1970
It is simple .... boycotting the games will force change

Care too much i cant do that
Posted by: 75 (Guest), September 11, 2017, 10:41pm; Reply: 117
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
Fact... I mean fiction: We are targeting a playoff place this season.

;D ;D ;D After delving in the bottom of the bargain bucket for players nobody else wanted, I'm sure we are targetting promotion. I'm also sure the manager has been given 'a competitive budget'. Is JF just trying to tread water until the new ground is built (hmmmm). Seems a very dangerous game as if we were to be relegated out of the football league again on his watch, I don't know how even the good people of Grimsby would react. John has had a bafflingly easy run of it IMO, he has put himself in the position of club owner, non chairman. We have been disgraceful under his tenure, an absolute embarassment. Scunthorpe have lorded it over us for gods sake, illegitimate Scunthorpe!
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 11, 2017, 10:56pm; Reply: 118
Quoted from Grim74
Don't remember to many people slagging Fenty off when Slade and Wilko were appointed, I seem to recall people giving him credit for sacking Bignot so soon, I think the buck stops with Slade he knew the Budget he Knew what he was up against and looking at the size of the squad he's had plenty of backing.
We are all drunk off that the team is a shadow of the one that won us promotion but it's still early days so we have to stick with what we have at least for a few months and hope things improve.

Too many people for too long have been happy to stick with what we've got. 15 years of Fenty's failure and fuckups is enough thanks, it's time the fans were not taken for granted and it's time we got the message across loud and clear.
Posted by: TAGG, September 11, 2017, 11:06pm; Reply: 119
Quoted from 75

;D ;D ;D After delving in the bottom of the bargain bucket for players nobody else wanted, I'm sure we are targetting promotion. I'm also sure the manager has been given 'a competitive budget'. Is JF just trying to tread water until the new ground is built (hmmmm). Seems a very dangerous game as if we were to be relegated out of the football league again on his watch, I don't know how even the good people of Grimsby would react. John has had a bafflingly easy run of it IMO, he has put himself in the position of club owner, non chairman. We have been disgraceful under his tenure, an absolute embarassment. Scunthorpe have lorded it over us for gods sake, illegitimate Scunthorpe!

We will never get a new ground.
Posted by: Maringer, September 11, 2017, 11:34pm; Reply: 120
Quoted from Marinerz93

Depends how much you want the car, doesn't it? At present, nobody apparently wants the car enough to pay the asking price or, as far as we know, even to be willing to put in an offer for it.

Complaining that the current owner won't give it away for nothing seems a bit, well, odd, even if he hasn't looked after the car as well as you would like.

Just not many (or even any?) people around in our area with the ego, money and inclination required which makes this whole argument a moot one.
Posted by: Civvy at last, September 12, 2017, 1:33am; Reply: 121
Quoted from Maringer

Depends how much you want the car, doesn't it? At present, nobody apparently wants the car enough to pay the asking price or, as far as we know, even to be willing to put in an offer for it.

Complaining that the current owner won't give it away for nothing seems a bit, well, odd, even if he hasn't looked after the car as well as you would like.

Just not many (or even any?) people around in our area with the ego, money and inclination required which makes this whole argument a moot one.

But there have been two people recently that wanted to help restore the car. Indeed they started to. BOTH have now abandoned the project.  Coincidence??  I think not !!
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, September 12, 2017, 4:42am; Reply: 122
Trying to antagonise Fenty will not solve anything the club and fans need to stick together to many keyboard warriors on here think they know it all.

Harping on about shitt from the past ex directors,ex managers and ex players WILL NOT solve anything it is still early days yet

FFS TALK ABOUT KNEE JERK.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D .
Posted by: jonnyboy82, September 12, 2017, 5:57am; Reply: 123
Getyourfactsright bit quite.
Posted by: 1542 (Guest), September 12, 2017, 6:03am; Reply: 124
If we lose tonight, there will be another 13 pages on this thread!
Posted by: Cloudy, September 12, 2017, 6:43am; Reply: 125
Quoted from 1542
If we lose tonight, there will be another 13 pages on this thread!

I sincerely hope this talks continue when we win ( whenever that may be). JF believes this sort of thing only rears its head when results are poor.
IMO it is just as relevant when we are picking up points
Posted by: lukeo, September 12, 2017, 7:27am; Reply: 126
Still think we should seriously consider looking into fan ownership, to see what it entails and how much it'll cost to buy him out and then see the books to see if it's doable on a year to year basis etc
Posted by: grimps, September 12, 2017, 7:45am; Reply: 127
Quoted from lukeo
Still think we should seriously consider looking into fan ownership, to see what it entails and how much it'll cost to buy him out and then see the books to see if it's doable on a year to year basis etc

Good idea , its just a shame that our fans trust foolishly gave him all their shares
Posted by: 1mickylyons, September 12, 2017, 8:15am; Reply: 128
Quoted from 139914

As a neutral observer stood in the room at the time all this happened you really cannot believe the extreme pressure the trust representatives at the time were put under.I didn`t agree with what they did but fully understood why they did it JF basically had them by the balls.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, September 12, 2017, 8:19am; Reply: 129
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Trying to antagonise Fenty will not solve anything the club and fans need to stick together to many keyboard warriors on here think they know it all.

Harping on about shitt from the past ex directors,ex managers and ex players WILL NOT solve anything it is still early days yet

FFS TALK ABOUT KNEE JERK.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D .

Time`s up FENTY OUT
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, September 12, 2017, 8:25am; Reply: 130
[quote][/quote]
Quoted from lukeo

Do you know I think it probably would be possible to cobble together a fan led consortium that could underpin the budget each year. The big problem is raising the 3m to pay off the loans to enable control.

That's a big sum, far to big for us to ever be able to raise Imho.
Posted by: Cloudy, September 12, 2017, 8:35am; Reply: 131
Quoted from grimps

Good idea , its just a shame that our fans trust foolishly gave him all their shares

Given the situation threat at the time I can see why the members of The Trust voted the way they did. I would also add that one of the conditions which seems to be forgotten was that JF had to buy a further £200k(?) worth of shares as a condition. This in effect gave the club a cash injection to keep the wolf from the door and stopped any possibility of selling Liam Hearn. Hindsight is a wonderful thing  ;)
Posted by: barralad, September 12, 2017, 9:02am; Reply: 132
Quoted from grimps

The Mariners Trust retains a significant shareholding in GTFC.
Posted by: realist, September 12, 2017, 9:13am; Reply: 133
The time is right for Fenty to go. He has done nothing for this club. He clings on to his benign loans so he can control his little empire, but doesn't have the balls to call himself chairman.
The club started to die when he took over, and the way he continues to run it will see it in intensive care very soon.

FENTY OUT
FENTY OUT
FENTY OUT
Posted by: RichMariner, September 12, 2017, 11:01am; Reply: 134
I simply want to watch GTFC compete at the highest possible standard without jeopardising our future.

Unfortunately, our future always seems to be in doubt because we have a majority shareholder who has proven, over the last 15 years or so, that he makes mostly bad decisions.

I thought, with the patience he afforded PH while trying to get back into the FL, he may have learnt something. But these last 12 months have proved that he hasn't learnt a thing.

Hand on heart, I can't see us ever progressing from where we are now. This is our level. I don't want it to be, but we've been here or lower since 2004 and I'm struggling to see how, looking at the way we're being run, that is ever likely to change under the current regime.
Posted by: TAGG, September 12, 2017, 11:06am; Reply: 135
Any loans that are owed by the club to Fenty should be wiped out because of all the fuckups he has made over the years so it gives a more or less clean sheet for anyone/consortium to come in and try to sort this excrement out.
Im not one of those that say"if not Fenty then who"
There is a big wide world out there filled with money people wanting to get there foot in the door of English football.

Here is one from just up the road 😤😤😤
httop://www.biznews.com/undictated/2017/04/26/clive-nates-english-soccer/

FENTY OUT
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 12, 2017, 11:33am; Reply: 136
Quoted from RichMariner
I simply want to watch GTFC compete at the highest possible standard without jeopardising our future.

Unfortunately, our future always seems to be in doubt because we have a majority shareholder who has proven, over the last 15 years or so, that he makes mostly bad decisions.

I thought, with the patience he afforded PH while trying to get back into the FL, he may have learnt something. But these last 12 months have proved that he hasn't learnt a thing.

Hand on heart, I can't see us ever progressing from where we are now. This is our level. I don't want it to be, but we've been here or lower since 2004 and I'm struggling to see how, looking at the way we're being run, that is ever likely to change under the current regime.

Nail hit squarely on head. Great post.
Posted by: Grimsby69, September 12, 2017, 11:46am; Reply: 137
Both Exeter/Wimbledon Trust raise approximately £150,000 per year with 60% going to the clubs.  Both of these are within wealthy areas.

Grimsby the last three years of Non/League Grimsby had an average income 2.1 Million including 3 Wembley games.

During that period expenditure was approximately 2.2 Million loss of £100,000

Income from Gate Receipts & Retailing/Merchandise is only 62% approximately (£1.3 Million) - wages as an average over the last three years have been £1.6 million (73% of total expenditure)

No account have been produced for last season these are normally around October but I would imagine that income will be up about £600k (excluding Bogle sale) but costs will have increased in line with the additional money. So I would imagine a £500-600k surplus including transfer income.

Going back to Exeter City they had to raise £800,000 to purchase the club and lower debts.

If the fans were intent on having a fan run club i imagine it would need to raise at least initial £750,000 and continue to raise £200K plus per season to cover the clubs losses as fans/investors would soon lose interest if the wage budget was not wisely invested.  
Posted by: realist, September 12, 2017, 11:57am; Reply: 138
If the squad was a sensible size it could break even. Wages are a massive drain on resouces as Fenty is probably realising at the moment.
New income streams could help, imagine what catering by the fans for the fans could bring in?.There are some many options even with staying at BP.
Posted by: friskneymariner, September 12, 2017, 11:58am; Reply: 139
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

Do you know I think it probably would be possible to cobble together a fan led consortium that could underpin the budget each year. The big problem is raising the 3m to pay off the loans to enable control.

That's a big sum, far to big for us to ever be able to raise Imho.

It would be more than that as you would need some working capital,however  with some hard negotiating with Fenty probably get price down.
Posted by: barralad, September 12, 2017, 12:15pm; Reply: 140
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Getyourfactsright bit quite.

I suspect that may be because he has taken the advice of loads of posters on here about commenting on social media...
Posted by: GrimRob, September 12, 2017, 12:17pm; Reply: 141
Quoted from realist
If the squad was a sensible size it could break even. Wages are a massive drain on resouces as Fenty is probably realising at the moment.
New income streams could help, imagine what catering by the fans for the fans could bring in?.There are some many options even with staying at BP.

The problem is if the squad is a reasonable size and results are not deemed good enough then there is a outcry to strengthen the squad. That's why we end up with a bloated squad in the first place. It's all very well saying we could get a small squad full of good players but it's obviously very difficult to do when all 24 teams are trying to do just the same thing, it's a holy grail situation. If we are forced to live entirely with a fixed budget then we'd be more or less forced to stick with the squad we started the season with.
Posted by: Cloudy, September 12, 2017, 12:33pm; Reply: 142
Quoted from Grimsby69
Both Exeter/Wimbledon Trust raise approximately £150,000 per year with 60% going to the clubs.  Both of these are within wealthy areas.

Grimsby the last three years of Non/League Grimsby had an average income 2.1 Million including 3 Wembley games.

Income from Gate Receipts & Retailing/Merchandise is only 62% approximately (£1.3 Million) - wages as an average over the last three years have been £1.6 million (73% of total expenditure)

No account have been produced for last season these are normally around October but I would imagine that income will be up about £600k (excluding Bogle sale) but costs will have increased in line with the additional money. So I would imagine a £500-600k surplus including transfer income.

Going back to Exeter City they had to raise £800,000 to purchase the club and lower debts.

If the fans were intent on having a fan run club i imagine it would need to raise at least initial £750,000 and continue to raise £200K plus per season to cover the clubs losses as fans/investors would soon lose interest if the wage budget was not wisely invested.  

Interesting.

Am I right therefore in deducing that JF has not increased his loans or shareholding in the last 3 years ? I am assuming the loss of around £100k that you speak of was covered by Mullens share purchase/cash injection?
Posted by: Grimsby69, September 12, 2017, 1:17pm; Reply: 143
Fenty has increased loan by £225,000 over the 3 year period.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, September 12, 2017, 1:24pm; Reply: 144
Quoted from friskneymariner

It would be more than that as you would need some working capital,however  with some hard negotiating with Fenty probably get price down.

I'd say that is probably about right, the only feasible way to do it would be some form of multi year funding project something like 'Operation 2021' or some such where the trust created some form of special purpose vehicle to allow a large group of funders to build up a pot of working capital over a period of time. You'd still need a group of something like 1000 though willing to stump up say £250  a year to give you a  decent size initial pot and conticontinue to underpin the team in the longer term.

Those people would have to realise though that it wouldn't really be an investment its more like the purchase of a caravan where you do it for the enjoyment rather than for some form of return.
Posted by: Grimsby69, September 12, 2017, 1:39pm; Reply: 145
Whilst the new ground is unlikely to ever come to fruition due to the lack of intent by the Local Community, a fan run club would have absolutely no chance of securing bank loans with no proven track record.  
Posted by: Barrattstander, September 12, 2017, 4:07pm; Reply: 146
I invite everyone to read this interview John Fenty did with Codalmighty in 2005 and wonder whether anything has changed in the past 12 years.
[url]http://codalmighty.com/site/ca.php?article=251[/url]
Posted by: TheRealJohnLewis, September 12, 2017, 4:57pm; Reply: 147
Quoted from Grimsby69

We won't have a surplus as any profits they make will go into the Retained Earnings (where profits are held in a business), which is at a loss at the moment, approx 4 million.

Posted by: Marinerz93, September 12, 2017, 8:43pm; Reply: 148
Quoted from Cloudy

Given the situation threat at the time I can see why the members of The Trust voted the way they did. I would also add that one of the conditions which seems to be forgotten was that JF had to buy a further £200k(?) worth of shares as a condition. This in effect gave the club a cash injection to keep the wolf from the door and stopped any possibility of selling Liam Hearn. Hindsight is a wonderful thing  ;)

That money was part of the agreement with MP that he withheld because he didn't have control and triggered article 9. So not as you would lead others to believe.
Posted by: Cod Cheeks, September 12, 2017, 9:01pm; Reply: 149
So how do the likes of Newport and others manage on crowds of 2,000 and less manage to compete year after year?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 12, 2017, 9:57pm; Reply: 150
Someone got under his skin tonight. After the match some lads shouting 'Fenty out' as he was getting in his car.

I believe the riposte from the non-Chairman was of the Anglo-Saxon vernacular and would not be repeatable in this site.

;D ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, September 12, 2017, 10:07pm; Reply: 151
You can't blame him to be fair. He is first and always a Massive GTFC FAN.

A chairman employs a manager with faith that he knows the right players he needs to compete. He takes some right shitt so if he vents his feelings good for him.
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, September 12, 2017, 10:16pm; Reply: 152
Although I wonder about his exit strategy and his ability to take the club forward in the medium to long term, I genuinely believe that's no different to what he himself believes too.  He is also, first and foremost, a supporter and to shout at him as he's getting into his car to come home after the game, isn't on.
Posted by: chipsandgravy, September 12, 2017, 10:31pm; Reply: 153
Someone on Twitter complained of being told to eff off after giving abuse to him. He was supported by someone saying I would have 'twatted  him.'
That about the level of the people involved. I rest my case.
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, September 12, 2017, 10:33pm; Reply: 154
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Someone got under his skin tonight. After the match some lads shouting 'Fenty out' as he was getting in his car.

I believe the riposte from the non-Chairman was of the Anglo-Saxon vernacular and would not be repeatable in this site.

;D ;D ;D ;D

Oh dear if true / the full story. Did you see the incident Kingston or have you seen it elsewhere on the web?
Posted by: lukeo, September 12, 2017, 10:38pm; Reply: 155
If it was anything like trundle gate and a certain person was involved shouting abuse at JF, I'm not surprised  ;D
Posted by: MidnightMariner, September 12, 2017, 11:15pm; Reply: 156
Quoted from Marinerz93

That money was part of the agreement with MP that he withheld because he didn't have control and triggered article 9. So not as you would lead others to believe.

Never mind Article 9.....
When's he triggering Article 50 ?
I want FEXIT 😀
UTM
Posted by: MarinerWY, September 12, 2017, 11:25pm; Reply: 157
Whatever you think of Fenty, shouting at him whilst getting in his car after a hard earned win on a grim Tuesday evening deserves a strongly worded retort.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, September 12, 2017, 11:28pm; Reply: 158
You just know a massive thread will start all about what a basturd Fenty is totally overshadowing what a brilliant result we had tonight.

FFS The Fishy at it's controversial best lol.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 12, 2017, 11:48pm; Reply: 159
I saw it Long Eaton.

They weren't abusing him as he was getting in his car, unless you consider 'Fenty out' to be abuse. There was no aggression on their part and they weren't in his face or even that close to him. Just exercising their democratic right to voice an opinion after standing in the rain having travelled across the Pennines.

There'd been a fair bit of 'Fenty outs' throughout the game on and off.
Posted by: sam gy, September 13, 2017, 12:12am; Reply: 160
I'd imagine if most people had put millions of their own cash in to prop up the club for no rewards, they would respond in a similar manner.

He's not perfect, but I don't think he claims to be....if someone has got the cash to take this club forward, then I'm sure we'd all welcome them, including Fenty. Don't think there's a queue though.
Posted by: Marinerz93, September 13, 2017, 12:48am; Reply: 161
Quoted from sam gy
I'd imagine if most people had put millions of their own cash in to prop up the club for no rewards, they would respond in a similar manner.

He's not perfect, but I don't think he claims to be....if someone has got the cash to take this club forward, then I'm sure we'd all welcome them, including Fenty. Don't think there's a queue though.

Why do people keep saying this, Mike Parker put £1 million in then left, the Mullens put money in and left, ask yourself why.
Posted by: 120790 (Guest), September 13, 2017, 8:03am; Reply: 162
I don't see, and I never have seen, anybody stepping up to take of the majority of the club from Mr Fenty and give you what you want.

In John Fenty, what you have is a very passionate Grimsby man, with the financial wherewithal and business brain to keep Grimsby Town not only alive for the current situation, but cleverly prospering with his future plans.

With regards to managerial choices and matters, John will make good calls and bad calls, in what is a complete lottery. A world full of managers to choose from that have mostly failed, had a bit of a success, some mixed experienced or even complete learners at the start of their own managerial career. But let's not think for a single minute, that any of his choices in managers, were made out of anything other than great intention and a love and desire to see Grimsby progress.  Every single one of his appointments was made in hope that he had found the right man to get us competing for promotions and a little bit of cup glory.

Some people on here and in the fan base, are being extremely toxic in their opinions of John Fenty. Almost painting him as a bad person, that from some of your comments, you would think was intentionally trying to appoint poor managers. He isn't, and, with just 7 games played, there is absolutely no reason to write Russell Slade off yet either. Accepted, the season hasn't started in the way that any of us would have wished for. Of course we would have liked more wins and points, but the season has only just started, we've only played just 7 games. If as the season progresses, the situation doesn't improve, then I have no doubt that John Fenty will make the tough decision to let Russell Slade go,then once again he will try to bring in the next manager that he hopes is the right man for the job at that time.

There really is a lot of nonsense and ill thought out opinion spouted out on fans message-boards, and this particular thread is a first class example of this. Owning the biggest slice of a football club at our level, and even a long way above our level, is not cash cow in which you are going to reap the rewards in financial returns. It is actually situation where a man, with financial ability to assist and support the club that he loves, is prepared to invest some of his hard earned wealth, in the knowledge that he is very unlikely to see that money again, let alone make a profit from that investment.

As I have said in a post elsewhere, be very careful of what you wish for, as the alternative to John Fenty's ongoing support is likely to be extremely bleak.  
Posted by: psgmariner, September 13, 2017, 8:05am; Reply: 163
Quoted from MarinerWY
Whatever you think of Fenty, shouting at him whilst getting in his car after a hard earned win on a grim Tuesday evening deserves a strongly worded retort.

100% agree.

Whatever your issues with Fenty chanting during a game or abusing him in public is not helpful to anyone.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, September 13, 2017, 8:08am; Reply: 164
Quoted from psgmariner

100% agree.

Whatever your issues with Fenty chanting during a game or abusing him in public is not helpful to anyone.

Are we actually sure anyone has abused him?

Posted by: psgmariner, September 13, 2017, 8:12am; Reply: 165

Are we actually sure anyone has abused him?

No. I didn't see it. I did hear the chanting though.
Posted by: 120790 (Guest), September 13, 2017, 8:46am; Reply: 166
Quoted from psgmariner

If you are big enough to chant "Fenty Out", then be big enough to take his riposte.

Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 13, 2017, 8:48am; Reply: 167
Where did this claim of abuse come from? I said some lads chanted 'Fenty out' he shouted 'f off'. Unless you consider the chant abusive I suggest people stop using that word.
Posted by: 120790 (Guest), September 13, 2017, 8:51am; Reply: 168
Where did this claim of abuse come from? I said some lads chanted 'Fenty out' he shouted 'f off'. Unless you consider the chant abusive I suggest people stop using that word.

Call it abuse, call it offensive, call it what you like, it deserves the reply it got
Posted by: Cloudy, September 13, 2017, 8:52am; Reply: 169
Quoted from 120790
I don't see, and I never have seen, anybody stepping up to take of the majority of the club from Mr Fenty and give you what you want.

In John Fenty, what you have is a very passionate Grimsby man, with the financial wherewithal and business brain to keep Grimsby Town not only alive for the current situation, but cleverly prospering  with his future plans.

With regards to managerial choices and matters, John will make good calls and bad calls, in what is a complete lottery. A world full of managers to choose from that have mostly failed, had a bit of a success, some mixed experienced or even complete learners at the start of their own managerial career. But let's not think for a single minute, that any of his choices in managers, were made out of anything other than great intention and a love and desire to see Grimsby progress.  Every single one of his appointments was made in hope that he had found the right man to get us competing for promotions and a little bit of cup glory.

Some people on here and in the fan base, are being extremely toxic in their opinions of John Fenty. Almost painting him as a bad person, that from some of your comments, you would think was intentionally trying to appoint poor managers. He isn't, and, with just 7 games played, there is absolutely no reason to write Russell Slade off yet either. Accepted, the season hasn't started in the way that any of us would have wished for. Of course we would have liked more wins and points, but the season has only just started, we've only played just 7 games. If as the season progresses, the situation doesn't improve, then I have no doubt that John Fenty will make the tough decision to let Russell Slade go,then once again he will try to bring in the next manager that he hopes is the right man for the job at that time.

There really is a lot of nonsense and ill thought out opinion spouted out on fans message-boards, and this particular thread is a first class example of this. Owning the biggest slice of a football club at our level, and even a long way above our level, is not cash cow in which you are going to reap the rewards in financial returns. It is actually situation where a man, with financial ability to assist and support the club that he loves, is prepared to invest some of his hard earned wealth, in the knowledge that he is very unlikely to see that money again, let alone make a profit from that investment.

As I have said in a post elsewhere, be very careful of what you wish for, as the alternative to John Fenty's ongoing support is likely to be extremely bleak.  

Do you really believe GTFC are 'prospering'?

I dont think anyone believes a club like ours would ever be a cash cow. Equally I do believe it can be run with imagination and really involving the community as an alternative to cutting every cost possible
Posted by: Garth, September 13, 2017, 8:53am; Reply: 170
Quoted from 120790

In John Fenty, what you have is a very passionate Grimsby man, with the financial wherewithal and business brain to keep Grimsby Town not only alive for the current situation, but cleverly prospering with his future plans.

This!     the grass is always greener over the wall, or is it?
Posted by: headingly_mariner, September 13, 2017, 8:55am; Reply: 171
Quoted from psgmariner

No issue with chanting that, clearly some people are unhappy with his stewardship.  I have always thought he's had it particularly easy from the stands.
I don't see a great issue with someone telling folk to fook off, but it's probably not the wisest response. Will it improve his relationship with fans? No. Is it a response that should come from a club official to a fan?

Posted by: 120790 (Guest), September 13, 2017, 9:01am; Reply: 172
Quoted from Cloudy

I dont think anyone believes a club like ours would ever be a cash cow. Equally I do believe it can be run with imagination and really involving the community as an alternative to cutting every cost possible

Cloudy, read it again. I said "Prospering with his future plans",

Oh here we go again with this "community" rubbish. Go and find me a thriving "community run" or "trust owned" football club please.

Posted by: Cloudy, September 13, 2017, 9:04am; Reply: 173
Quoted from 120790

Oh here we go again with this "community" rubbish. Go and find me a thriving "community run" or "trust owned" football club please.

Swansea City
Posted by: Cloudy, September 13, 2017, 9:04am; Reply: 174
Quoted from 120790

Swansea City
Posted by: LH, September 13, 2017, 9:09am; Reply: 175
Exeter aren't doing bad are they? Top of the league after making the play off final last season.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 13, 2017, 9:14am; Reply: 176
Ascend, he gave as good as he got, but my original point was it was a funny incident that didn't resound to his credit.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 13, 2017, 9:16am; Reply: 177
PS and neither did going on the pitch at full time to celebrate. If any of us did that we'd be prosecuted, fined and banned.

But it's OK cos he's rich.
Posted by: 120790 (Guest), September 13, 2017, 9:21am; Reply: 178
PS and neither did going on the pitch at full time to celebrate. If any of us did that we'd be prosecuted, fined and banned.

But it's OK cos he's rich.

He's a club official. He is allowed to. Oh dear
Posted by: 120790 (Guest), September 13, 2017, 9:29am; Reply: 179
Exeter City are very marginally a supporters trust club, but with some significant shareholders also propping it up. Oh and by the way, they are a League 2 club. Their scope to advance and be sustained will be very limited as a supporters trust club.

Swansea are not a supporter trust owned club.
Posted by: LH, September 13, 2017, 9:42am; Reply: 180
Thanks for reminding me that Exeter are a L2 club. I knew something was amiss when I couldn't find them in the Champions League fixtures for tonight, ya condescending male private. Their club under fan ownership has taken them up to L1 via non-league on a 53% stake in the club whereas we went to non league from the Championship on JFs 42%. (Numbers according to wikipedia so could be off.)

I don't think you'd be able have a completely fan owned club in lower league football in England as there is too much money about (FGR for example).  You'd need trust membership in the tens of thousands to be able to compete with those figures. A power share with a significant investor or a consortium would probably be required in order to be competitive - which is what Exeter have.
Posted by: Cloudy, September 13, 2017, 9:58am; Reply: 181
Quoted from 120790
Exeter City are very marginally a supporters trust club, but with some significant shareholders also propping it up. Oh and by the way, they are a League 2 club. Their scope to advance and be sustained will be very limited as a supporters trust club.

Not now but they certainly were a majority owned fans club during their rise up the divisions
Posted by: headingly_mariner, September 13, 2017, 10:04am; Reply: 182
Quoted from 120790

what's our scope to advance?
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 13, 2017, 11:09am; Reply: 183
I am not a Fenty fan ,

BUT

If you slag him off and he goes back at you ,

Whats the problem ?

We have all been told to F. OFF at some time .
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 13, 2017, 12:12pm; Reply: 184
Nowt Pete. I just thought it was funny when I reported it last night, but it seems to gav sparked a self-righteous element to perk up.
Posted by: RichMariner, September 13, 2017, 12:37pm; Reply: 185
I know some fans don't blame him for allegedly responding in the way he did, but that still doesn't make it right.

He's the majority shareholder of this proud football club. He shouldn't be swearing at fans, no matter what the situation. If he's riled by fans, engage with them. Talk to them. Find out what makes them chant 'Fenty out' and then tell them why it's unfair, or hurtful.

Don't just swear and leave. If you have to leave, do it - and then open the dialogue today, or speak to the media to give your side of the story.
Posted by: Meza, September 13, 2017, 8:51pm; Reply: 186
Not always agreed with you Ascend but i agree with what u said.  The only thing i would add is the PR side of the club.....or even try to get other investers interested abroad.  My concern is how long can he keep town going before he cannot financially help.  If there was some form of invester....if JF was to call it a day then atleast there is another who may keep the club going.  If JF was to stand down at the of the season we'd be facked imo.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, September 13, 2017, 9:07pm; Reply: 187
Time for a new broom. Drop the debt.
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, September 13, 2017, 9:18pm; Reply: 188
I saw it Long Eaton.

They weren't abusing him as he was getting in his car, unless you consider 'Fenty out' to be abuse. There was no aggression on their part and they weren't in his face or even that close to him. Just exercising their democratic right to voice an opinion after standing in the rain having travelled across the Pennines.

There'd been a fair bit of 'Fenty outs' throughout the game on and off.

Cheers Kingston, you know sometimes how these things sometimes start with "some bloke on twitter".

I guess JF was voicing his democratic right too! Those fans should be greatful they didn't have in their possession any flags as they would have had them deconstructed!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 13, 2017, 9:29pm; Reply: 189
Quoted from LongEatonMariner

Cheers Kingston, you know sometimes how these things sometimes start with "some bloke on twitter".

I guess JF was voicing his democratic right too! Those fans should be greatful they didn't have in their possession any flags as they would have had them deconstructed!

Yeah, it's weird. A good old fashioned analogue rumour!  :)
Posted by: Marinerz93, September 13, 2017, 10:36pm; Reply: 190
Quoted from 120790

Your post falls apart from the first paragraph, no one will pay for Fenty's mistakes, why is the debt there in the first place.
1) whilst we were paying the tax debt back, JF paid himself how much over back over 4 seasons to claim back the money he paid to get rid of Ramsden.
2) By doing so how much money did that leave for the playing budget and management team to run on.
3) How many managers did he appoint then sack having to pay off both manager and excrement players those managers could afford to bring in.
4) Mike Parker put in £1 million pound in two seasons, how much has Fenty put in 15 years and how does that equate. Why does Fenty if he is so called helping the club out not put the money in shares in the first place rather than burden the club with benign loans.
5) If you love something you maintain it and try to make it better, like it or not Town isn't prospering under Fenty, why ?, and if you call promotion from non league success you need to give your head a wobble, we should never have been there in the first place.
6) The toxic view of Fenty comes with how he treats people, why did Parker leave the board, why did the Mullens leave the board, why was Mighty Mariner asked to do the mascot duties for free when he was only getting £18 a game. What about the time he broke a kids flag sorry deconstructed, how he treated the trust over £200k shares, the checkatrade competition, Why don't we have a Chief Executive, look at Scunthorpe a much smaller club than us to see how that works.
7) It's a fact most of Fenty's appointments have been failures, are you saying he is going to have a run of luck, if so where is the evidence of this.

It's plain to see that JF has tried to run the club like he did his fish business, the problem is in football you get what you pay for and haggling over £50 petrol money can be the difference of landing a decent player or losing him and having to go for someone like Heywood.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 13, 2017, 10:51pm; Reply: 191
Quoted from Marinerz93

Your post falls apart from the first paragraph, no one will pay for Fenty's mistakes, why is the debt there in the first place.
1) whilst we were paying the tax debt back, JF paid himself how much over back over 4 seasons to claim back the money he paid to get rid of Ramsden.
2) By doing so how much money did that leave for the playing budget and management team to run on.
3) How many managers did he appoint then sack having to pay off both manager and excrement players those managers could afford to bring in.
4) Mike Parker put in £1 million pound in two seasons, how much has Fenty put in 15 years and how does that equate. Why does Fenty if he is so called helping the club out not put the money in shares in the first place rather than burden the club with benign loans.
5) If you love something you maintain it and try to make it better, like it or not Town isn't prospering under Fenty, why ?, and if you call promotion from non league success you need to give your head a wobble, we should never have been there in the first place.
6) The toxic view of Fenty comes with how he treats people, why did Parker leave the board, why did the Mullens leave the board, why was Mighty Mariner asked to do the mascot duties for free when he was only getting £18 a game. Why don't we have a Chief Executive, look at Scunthorpe a much smaller club than us to see how that works.
7) It's a fact most of Fenty's appointments have been failures, are you saying he is going to have a run of luck, if so where is the evidence of this.

It's plain to see that JF has tried to run the club like he did his fish business, the problem is in football you get what you pay for and haggling over £50 petrol money can be the difference of landing a decent player or losing him and having to go for someone like Heywood.

Great post which makes far more sense than those that have come from the Fenty camp today.  You can't run a football club like a fish business and to say (on another thread) that Mr Fenty is a football man, is one of the strangest statements I've ever seen on here. The facts are there. He has presided over the worst period in the club's history with not one aspect of the club improving under his stewardship.
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, September 14, 2017, 8:45am; Reply: 192
Quoted from Cloudy

It's straight out of the Tory handbook GTFC austerity.
Posted by: 120790 (Guest), September 14, 2017, 9:37am; Reply: 193
Quoted from Marinerz93

6) The toxic view of Fenty comes with how he treats people, why did Parker leave the board, why did the Mullens leave the board, why was Mighty Mariner asked to do the mascot duties for free when he was only getting £18 a game. What about the time he broke a kids flag sorry deconstructed, how he treated the trust over £200k shares, the checkatrade competition, Why don't we have a Chief Executive, look at Scunthorpe a much smaller club than us to see how that works.

Inaccuracies and supposition throughout your points I am afraid. Move on.

Posted by: Marinerz93, September 14, 2017, 4:18pm; Reply: 194
Quoted from 120790

Inaccuracies and supposition throughout your points I am afraid. Move on.

Prove it.
Posted by: Gaffer58, September 14, 2017, 4:36pm; Reply: 195
Since Alex Ferguson left Man U would you say that their board have been successful in appointing managers, even the rich and big clubs can get it wrong.
Posted by: Mariner93er, September 14, 2017, 5:25pm; Reply: 196
Can people stop using terms like the 'fenty camp', it's the same kind of shite that's sprouted when someone criticises berrett, and they're suddenly berrett haters. We're not all split into gangs on a play ground.
Posted by: Rob_in_Grimsby, September 14, 2017, 6:00pm; Reply: 197
Quoted from Marinerz93

Is there any proof he paid himself anything as I cant think I have ever seen any in the published accounts

Most clubs appoint managers who fail at some point, the Board do not go out of thier way to look for the worst manager do they, Hindsight is such a useful super power

Parker went on record the day he left saying he had no issues with JF but other members of the board,  

Same question as 3 and same answer BUT we do have a chief exec hes called Ian Flemming if you did not know.

Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 14, 2017, 6:10pm; Reply: 198
Quoted from Rob_in_Grimsby

There was a payment approximately £180k per year in the accounts as a pension payment as I recall.
Posted by: Rob_in_Grimsby, September 14, 2017, 6:29pm; Reply: 199
Quoted from MuddyWaters

There was a payment approximately £180k per year in the accounts as a pension payment as I recall.

I was thinking the same that M93 was referring to that money
if so I think the explanation has already been done to death but here goes

JF as Five Star Fish loaned the club x amount which after selling said business the new owners asked for the money back,
This money for tax purposes was paid back to Five Star Fish as pension contributions. JF has on a few occasions explained all the money was paid to the new owners of Five star and none of it went to him personally.( fans forums I believe )

Posted by: Cloudy, September 14, 2017, 7:39pm; Reply: 200

I see John has briefed you well
Posted by: Rob_in_Grimsby, September 14, 2017, 7:46pm; Reply: 201
Quoted from Cloudy

I see John has briefed you well

no i just pay attention at fans forums and radio interviews

I am allowed my own opinion even if it differs from yours
Posted by: Cloudy, September 14, 2017, 8:01pm; Reply: 202

no i just pay attention at fans forums and radio interviews

I am allowed my own opinion even if it differs from yours

What is my opinion?
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 14, 2017, 8:30pm; Reply: 203
Quoted from Cloudy

What is my opinion?

If you don't know   ;D
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 14, 2017, 8:48pm; Reply: 204
Rob the explanation behind that payment back to Five Star Fish makes it sound like he didn't have the authority to lend the club that money in the first place, otherwise how could the new owners demand the money back?

Also how could they make a company that had borrowed the money in good faith pay it back unless it was on 'repay on demand terms' which is not a secure way of borrowing in the first place?

Furthermore, why set the repayment up as a pension contribution? Why not just pay it back?

For JF's sake I hope you've got that wrong.
Posted by: Rob_in_Grimsby, September 14, 2017, 9:21pm; Reply: 205
Rob the explanation behind that payment back to Five Star Fish makes it sound like he didn't have the authority to lend the club that money in the first place, otherwise how could the new owners demand the money back?

Also how could they make a company that had borrowed the money in good faith pay it back unless it was on 'repay on demand terms' which is not a secure way of borrowing in the first place?

Furthermore, why set the repayment up as a pension contribution? Why not just pay it back?

All I am doing is explaining it how it was explained at a fans forum, Not being a Corporate finance person I have no idea if its true or not.
Due to the fact this was some 10  years ago, on the record and never been investigated then I suspect it was ok.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 14, 2017, 9:56pm; Reply: 206
Appreciate that Rob. I'm sure it made sense when it was a explained. Just reads odd now. Must be more to it. Can't see JF lending money that she wasn't his to lend.
Posted by: Marinerz93, September 14, 2017, 10:13pm; Reply: 207

In error I said Chief executive, what I meant to say was Chairman. I should have been clearer on managers appointed, what I should have said always going for the cheap option and not doing proper research. What other board would appoint a manager who failed to win a game the whole time he was caretaker.

Parker also said in his leaving statement that he left the board because certain promises weren't kept, even though he honoured his.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 14, 2017, 10:21pm; Reply: 208
Quoted from Marinerz93

In error I said Chief executive, what I meant to say was Chairman. I should have been clearer on managers appointed, what I should have said always going for the cheap option and not doing proper research. What other board would appoint a manager who failed to win a game the whole time he was caretaker.

Parker also said in his leaving statement that he left the board because certain promises weren't kept, even though he honoured his.

I think what you're saying is, if it was right to sack Bignot/Rodger when they were sacked, what idiot pointed them in the first place?
Posted by: Marinerz93, September 15, 2017, 12:25am; Reply: 209

I think what you're saying is, if it was right to sack Bignot/Rodger when they were sacked, what idiot pointed them in the first place?

Bingo (thumbup2)
Posted by: blundellpork, September 15, 2017, 10:59pm; Reply: 210

Seems simple enough to me. Whilst owner and Director of Five star he approved a loan from Five star to GTFC. The new owners simply asked for the loan to be repaid. At the time of granting the loan Fenty had the right to do it. The new owners simply asked for it to be repaid.
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 6:24am