11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
WetFlannel
July 6, 2017, 12:08pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 7
Also the idea that 'heterosexual males' need celebrating misses the point. This mural includes them, it doesn't celebrate gay Grimsby fans, or black Grimsby fans, or Grimsby fans who hail from Odessa. It's about inclusion of everyone, regardless of their skin colour/gender/sexual identity. If you think showing inclusivity to all of the above is a personal attack on you then you're a small minded moron.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 101
monkeyboy
July 6, 2017, 12:34pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Well done, all the lefty worms coming out of the woodwork telling people they can have a view as long as it matches theirs.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 101
Vance Warner
July 6, 2017, 12:39pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,810
Gold Stars: 102
Thankfully the views in some of these posts are dying out and the world is a better place for it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 101
Manchester Mariner
July 6, 2017, 12:39pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,817
Gold Stars: 41
When I saw the mural pop up on social media yesterday and that it included "The beauty of the world lies in the diversity of its people." I knew it wouldn't take long to light the touch paper on here. You can set your watch by The Fishy.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 101
headingly_mariner
July 6, 2017, 12:49pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,381
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Manchester Mariner
When I saw the mural pop up on social media yesterday and that it included "The beauty of the world lies in the diversity of its people." I knew it wouldn't take long to light the touch paper on here. You can set your watch by The Fishy.

We need the fishy to save us from the lefty loons and the rest of them sandal wearing hippies.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 101
headingly_mariner
July 6, 2017, 12:52pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,381
Gold Stars: 116
Could they fit a screen in the middle of it with this video playing on loop https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpaLKe9vFPk
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 101
Grantley
July 6, 2017, 1:01pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +2,517
Gold Stars: 9
You know you've lost when you call someone out on a forum.

Jordan Magrew
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 101
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
July 6, 2017, 1:18pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Vance Warner
Thankfully the views in some of these posts are dying out and the world is a better place for it.

Do you mean posts or posters? Posters would be a nice ageist thing to say for someone who is so equality driven and non-discriminatory.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 101
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
July 6, 2017, 1:30pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from WetFlannel
Also the idea that 'heterosexual males' need celebrating misses the point. This mural includes them, it doesn't celebrate gay Grimsby fans, or black Grimsby fans, or Grimsby fans who hail from Odessa. It's about inclusion of everyone, regardless of their skin colour/gender/sexual identity. If you think showing inclusivity to all of the above is a personal attack on you then you're a small minded moron.

You seem to be twisting your knickers round your logic. No-one is saying (as far as I know) that "showing inclusivity to all of the above is a personal attack", that would be idiocy. What I said and what others think too is that the mural is a political statement not a club celebration.

Political statements about "multicultural", "celebrating diversity" and so on actually promote division in society. If you don't understand that then read up on the history of East Lancs and the West Riding in the 1970s for example and follow it through to what happened in Rotherham, Rochdale, Keighley and so on. Check up on the areas of Birmingham and Leeds that give sustenance to terrorists. All of these areas have "celebrated diversity" for years and effectively divided themselves along racial and religious grounds.

This is not the place for political discussion though, or for bad mouthing from a soapbox those who happen to have thought things through a bit more over the years than you appear to have done. The best thing to do with the mural is spray over it and start again from the viewpoint of celebrating our club as it has been a part of our normal society for generations, not some pretence at a rainbow nirvana.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 101
WetFlannel
July 6, 2017, 1:39pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 7
Oh yeah, I'm sure when the club decided to promote itself as an inclusive, modern club what it really meant was that everyone involved with th club is obviously a huge fan of terrorists in towns we have no connections with. The same way if I said I don't think every white British person should be executed I really think I'm proud of Jimmy Savile, imperialism, various massacres committed by British people and black pudding.
How on earth is mural with a basic message of 'let's all get along' controversial. By the way, I used to live in London and never once felt threatened by the existence of any other race.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 101
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The mural

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.