This thread currently has 13,496 views. Print
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
LH
July 6, 2017, 1:59pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,389
Gold Stars: 169
It's only fair that the knuckle draggers get their way so they can draw white, straight men. What flavour wax crayons do you lot want to use?
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 101
sam gy
July 6, 2017, 2:29pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,387
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from LH
It's only fair that the knuckle draggers get their way so they can draw white, straight men. What flavour wax crayons do you lot want to use?

/thread.  

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 101
mariner91
July 6, 2017, 2:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,249
Gold Stars: 253

You seem to be twisting your knickers round your logic. No-one is saying (as far as I know) that "showing inclusivity to all of the above is a personal attack", that would be idiocy. What I said and what others think too is that the mural is a political statement not a club celebration.

Political statements about "multicultural", "celebrating diversity" and so on actually promote division in society. If you don't understand that then read up on the history of East Lancs and the West Riding in the 1970s for example and follow it through to what happened in Rotherham, Rochdale, Keighley and so on. Check up on the areas of Birmingham and Leeds that give sustenance to terrorists. All of these areas have "celebrated diversity" for years and effectively divided themselves along racial and religious grounds.

This is not the place for political discussion though, or for bad mouthing from a soapbox those who happen to have thought things through a bit more over the years than you appear to have done. The best thing to do with the mural is spray over it and start again from the viewpoint of celebrating our club as it has been a part of our normal society for generations, not some pretence at a rainbow nirvana.

I live in Elephant and Castle which is about as multi-cultural as it gets and it's ace. You should try it.

Looking forward to a brighter future now Fenty has gone.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 101
Chrisblor
July 6, 2017, 3:07pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,678
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from Grim74

Here we go   the go to weapon of choice from a pathetic PC liberal who has no argument, I'm no racist you keyboard warrior fool but if you want to debate me over even say that to my face I will be down St. Peter's Ave shortly.

Edit: I see you have now altered your post😆

I didn't alter it, 'SitePublisher' did because apparently telling someone to intercourse off is worse than having actual racist views on here (calling someone a 'Token Asian' IS racist regardless of what you think). What is it you find so offensive about a mural celebrating diversity? Why shouldn't the one notable Asian player we've had at Town appear on it? 'It should have been actual club legends' isn't a legitimate reason for your outrage, since the purpose of the mural is to honour equality and diversity rather than specific notable past legends.

And i'm not sure why you want to meet me in person to have this discussion unless you intend to physically intimidate me? That's not going to do anything to back up your viewpoint (nor is throwing out meaningless buzzwords like PC liberal either).

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 101
GYinScuntland
July 6, 2017, 3:10pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,210
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from mariner91

I live in Elephant and Castle which is about as multi-cultural as it gets and it's ace. You should try it.

Best thing I  found at Elephant was the A2 out of the area.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 101
mariner91
July 6, 2017, 3:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from GYinScuntland

Best thing I  found at Elephant was the A2 out of the area.

Haha it's rough round the edges I'll give you that but lots of development in the last few years and even more planned. An up and coming area as they say.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 101
grimps
July 6, 2017, 3:19pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +4,993
Gold Stars: 46
If we had to paint a player that played a few games for us 18 years ago just because he's the only Asian that has played for the club then he's undoubtedly a token Asian.

I'd rather see legends Remembered around the ground than people that just happen to be the right colour or race to sour an agenda
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 101
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
July 6, 2017, 3:31pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from mariner91

Been there, done it. It's not multicultural, it's integrated. Largely because there is no single dominant incoming culture. The same used to be true of Tiger Bay, East Ham etc.

The difference is that in the 70s councils in West Yorks etc, set up situations for non-integration. Printing all documents in Urdu for instance. They encouraged the setting up of community councils dominated by religious leaders and more recently allowed the truly divisive expansion of faith schools which were effectively for the "one true faith".

I'm only saying this to show some people on here that there isn't anything simplistic about the issue and that the promotion of diversity is incredibly old fashioned and is proved to fail. I am amazed that,some younger people fall for this three card trick from decades ago and think it actually works and is a good thing. Integration is what matters. Togetherness as one society not trying to amalgamate different societies in the same geography.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 101
moosey_club
July 6, 2017, 3:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from grimps
If we had to paint a player that played a few games for us 18 years ago just because he's the only Asian that has played for the club then he's undoubtedly a token Asian.

I'd rather see legends Remembered around the ground than people that just happen to be the right colour or race to sour an agenda

As he has been the only one then i would suggest he is a significant Asian player in the history of our club as opposed to a token ?

Depends on your viewpoint i suppose.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 101
mariner91
July 6, 2017, 3:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker

Been there, done it. It's not multicultural, it's integrated. Largely because there is no single dominant incoming culture. The same used to be true of Tiger Bay, East Ham etc.

Isn't multicultural and integrated essentially the same thing? In the last three years I've had various flatmates from various different backgrounds including Chinese, Indian, Pakistani, Jamaican, French, Nepalese and South African and I'd say that's probably quite a good reflection of the local area as a whole. Surely that is multicultural?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 101
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The mural

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.