11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
realist
July 6, 2017, 11:34am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,689
Gold Stars: 41
The majority of town fans and player ,  are British heterosexual. How about a mural celebrating them?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 101
Southwark Mariner
July 6, 2017, 11:36am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,545
Gold Stars: 82
Peter Bore!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 101
Grim74
July 6, 2017, 11:45am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from sam gy

You obviously have a chip on your shoulder about something. How anyone can get upset and pick fault with a mural celebrating equality and diversity is absolutely beyond me.

Jesus Christ, if those concepts offend you that much, then just don't look at it? Or maybe go and get commissioned to paint your own mural.

No chip it's just a urine poor desperate effort to shout about diversity! Wouldn't it be better if it was a legends Mural? Or if you really want to cry diversity then what about a fans Mural with people past and present related to the club, not pretend ones like Melanie Onn but  Super fans like Graham Holness, Bernard Morley, Roly Godfrey, Jonny (you know who I mean) even John Tondour, you could have Andrew De Freitas as much as I dislike him he would tick the old diversity box, the list is endless but at least these people have love for the Town I bet Zhang doesn't give us a second thought these days.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 101
Abdul19
July 6, 2017, 11:46am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,515
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from realist
The majority of town fans and player ,  are British heterosexual. How about a mural celebrating them?  

McDermott, McKeown, Bogle, Ford and Mighty Mariner are all British and probably heterosexual.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 101
Grim74
July 6, 2017, 11:47am
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Grim74

Here we go   the go to weapon of choice from a pathetic PC liberal who has no argument, I'm no racist you keyboard warrior fool but if you want to debate me over even say that to my face I will be down St. Peter's Ave shortly.

Come on Chislober I will get you a coffe once you've apologised.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 101
headingly_mariner
July 6, 2017, 11:51am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,320
Gold Stars: 113
I dislike the promotion of multiculturalism and diversity, they are by definition socially and culturally divisive. The more we see diversity promoted the more divided we become. A mural dedicated to GTFC showing the integration of important people connected with the club past and present, regardless of age, race, creed etc. is a good thing. A mural deliberately designed to show diversity, i.e. celebrating racial differences, is a political statement the club should have no part in.

What an awful political statement. Trying to suggest  everyone is welcome. Views like yours are in a dying minority.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 101
Perkins
July 6, 2017, 11:53am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +15 / -8
Approval: +1,986
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Grim74

No chip it's just a urine poor desperate effort to shout about diversity! Wouldn't it be better if it was a legends Mural? Or if you really want to cry diversity then what about a fans Mural with people past and present related to the club, not pretend ones like Melanie Onn but  Super fans like Graham Holness, Bernard Morley, Roly Godfrey, even John Tondour, you could have Andrew De Freitas as much as I dislike him he would tick the old diversity box, the list is endless but at least these people have love for the Town I bet Zhang gives u a second thought these days.

Nice idea, why didn't you suggest this to the club before they started painting it ?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 101
Grim74
July 6, 2017, 12:01pm
Cocktail Drinker
Quoted from Perkins

Nice idea, why didn't you suggest this to the club before they started painting it ?

i didn't know like most people it seems : here's another super fan I'd have on there BP Vicar!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 101
Grim74
July 6, 2017, 12:04pm
Cocktail Drinker
Anyone who has ever been down freemo and had a drink in the winepipe will see how this should of been done celebrating the community!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 101
WetFlannel
July 6, 2017, 12:06pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Approval: +395
Gold Stars: 7
Has anyone ever met someone who uses phrases like 'PC liberal' who isn't a genuibe racist btw?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 101
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The mural

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.