Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive twit of the Week
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 98 Guests

twit of the Week

This thread currently has 19,290 views. Print
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
LH
June 7, 2017, 8:40am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,519
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from promotion plaice

You tell me ?

I didn't vote for it!
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 187
supertown
June 7, 2017, 8:46am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,442
Gold Stars: 53
If the Labour Party had a half decent leader and a shadow Secretary of State for health that wasn't a total embarrassment they would win this election due to the Tory inadequacies . But I'm afraid Corbyn and Abbott with make sure they are a distant loser. I'm not a Tory, I am very much an influenced voter and none of these parties or individuals will get me to the polls on Thursday . I'm out !
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 187
golfer
June 7, 2017, 8:55am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,428
Gold Stars: 116
I swore I wouldn't vote for "The Raving Loony Party" so I wont be voting  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 187
Grim74
June 7, 2017, 9:09am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from barralad

Well she's a qualified barrister who would be going into the most complex legal negotiations ever undertaken by any British government. On the other hand the Tories have Boris who before the Referendum wrote two letters one in favour of Leave and one for Remain and who despite having a considerable intellect (double first at Oxford) chooses to hurl childish insults at the people who will be round the table with him.

Do you seriously want this sneering anti- English blob of excrement negotiating on our behalf with The EU establishment? Have you seen her car crash interviews? She's no better than Diane Abbott.
If this greedy fat pig was any good at being a barrister she would still be there now with her treasonous human rights tank chasing chums.
Oh and surprise surprise just like her leader has consistently voted against her own party's government terror laws she's a flipping liability!

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 187
ginnywings
June 7, 2017, 9:18am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
I look at Boris Johnson and i think yeah, there's the man i want to negotiate the future trading arrangements of my country.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 187
Maringer
June 7, 2017, 10:09am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,506
Gold Stars: 185
Quoted from barralad

I'd support a cross party approach to Brexit negotiations but our electoral system doesn't really create the environment for it.

Agreed. It's the biggest event that's going to happen to our country and it will entirely change our relationship with the world. Everyone should be involved though I'm not sure how helpful that would be with the Tories at the moment who have basically adopted every UKIP position in a desperate attempt to win votes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 187
Maringer
June 7, 2017, 10:11am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from supertown
If the Labour Party had a half decent leader and a shadow Secretary of State for health that wasn't a total embarrassment they would win this election due to the Tory inadequacies . But I'm afraid Corbyn and Abbott with make sure they are a distant loser. I'm not a Tory, I am very much an influenced voter and none of these parties or individuals will get me to the polls on Thursday . I'm out !

Shadow Health Secretary? Oh, I don't think Jon Ashworth is that bad, though I'll have to admit I've not heard him say anything in this campaign.

If you're going to be criticising a politician, you should surely get your facts right in the first place?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 187
Maringer
June 7, 2017, 10:24am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from ginnywings
I look at Boris Johnson and i think yeah, there's the man i want to negotiate the future trading arrangements of my country.  

Ah, Boris Johnson. An inveterate liar who is loathed in Europe after spending years simply making stuff up about the EU when he worked as a journalist in Brussels. In fact many of the myths you still hear about the EU were simply invented by BJ - probably because he was too flipping lazy to actually do proper journalism! Either that or because he was too busy shagging other people's wives - he's a noted philanderer who has fathered at least one child outside of his marriage.

My favourite Johnson story is the recording of him colluding with his old mate, the convicted fraudster, Darius Guppy. Guppy wasn't happy with an article by a journalist and wanted to find out where he lived so he could send some heavies round to beat him up. Surely, somebody with the moral fibre of Boris Johnson wouldn't provide this information, knowing he might be abetting a criminal act? Unfortunately, Boris Johnson has the moral fibre of Boris Johnson. Here's a report with a transcript:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/darius-boris-and-a-blast-from-the-past-1658043.html

The idea that somebody as self-interested as BoJo should be given a role as important as Foreign Secretary is absolutely staggering.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 187
Les Brechin
June 7, 2017, 10:29am

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,710
Gold Stars: 174
People who turn the TOTW thread into a political debate every week. (Even this close to an election).

The TOTW thread has, historically, always been a bit lighthearted so if you want to debate the ins and out of all things political please make your own thread so that I don't have to trawl through everything!

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 187
Maringer
June 7, 2017, 10:48am
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Grim74

Do you seriously want this sneering anti- English blob of excrement negotiating on our behalf with The EU establishment? Have you seen her car crash interviews? She's no better than Diane Abbott.
If this greedy fat pig was any good at being a barrister she would still be there now with her treasonous human rights tank chasing chums.
Oh and surprise surprise just like her leader has consistently voted against her own party's government terror laws she's a flipping liability!

You are funny, Grim. First thing you do is reach for an insult. "Anti-English blob of excrement" and "Greedy fat pig". Stay classy.

As far as I can see, she's voted for of 92% of legislation relating to terrorism since she entered parliament. Here's a list, if you like:

http://www.publicwhip.org.uk/policy.php?id=1053

I think the main one she voted against was when they wanted to extend detention without charge to 42 days from 28. Fair enough, in my view. If you arrest someone and then can't charge them with anything 4 weeks later, why did you arrest them in the first place. You can always arrest them again at a future date if necessary.

As for Corbyn's voting record, it's pretty easy to discover that he voted both in favour and against various legislation. In fact, Theresa May voted the same way as Corbyn in quite a few votes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-40111329

Here's one of the votes that Corbyn was for and May against:

"The majority of MPs voted against opting in to a European Union proposal for a directive on combating terrorism, instead supporting work directly with other countries and recognising that national security is a matter for individual nations through their sovereign Parliaments."

Which way he voted on this one, he was supporting efforts against terrorism, though the Tory/UKIP view and vote on this one seems a bit bloody daft to me. Working directly with the EU makes more sense from my perspective, but there you are.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 187
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive twit of the Week

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.