grimsby pete
June 8, 2017, 8:30pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,779
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Maringer
Effectively self-employed Pete. Most of my posts have been done in the morning or evening though. Unusual for me to get the time to actually respond this week as I don't get much time usually. Got loads to do at home but I'm under the weather so I've been taking it easy with good excuse!

Well keep it up mate I do not agree with most of what you say,

BUT

I enjoy reading another persons point of view.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 160 - 187
promotion plaice
June 8, 2017, 10:32pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

The exit polls ( could be wrong ) suggest that the Conservatives won't have the overall majority they require to push a hard Brexit.

I'm no expert in politics but........  if the exit poll reflects the true result what happens next ?

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 161 - 187
LH
June 8, 2017, 10:38pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,462
Gold Stars: 172
Big Jezza lights up a cigar on number 10s doorstep tomorrow afternoon and loads of right wingers get told to 'suck it up, snowflake' tomorrow. Saturday's Sun predicts an apocalypse. The NHS is saved, pensioners are warm in winter and kids have food in their bellies at school. Brexit happens still though which was obviously such a massive issue.

Alternatively the poll was wrong and the Tories are still in but there are some glum looking Tories on the telly at the minute.
Private Message
Reply: 162 - 187
Maringer
June 8, 2017, 10:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,399
Gold Stars: 184
The Tories attempt to form a government. If they can't agree a coalition with a majority, the next biggest party attempts to get one. If they can't get a coalition, then the Tories get to try and run a minority government which is about as far from strong and stable as you can get. Regardless, May is toast before too long, unless they somehow sneak enough seats to govern with the DUP.

Almost certain there will be another election before long. Oh, gawd.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 163 - 187
Maringer
June 8, 2017, 10:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
I tell you what, if it is a hung parliament, the Tory press is going to be even more batshit insane than usual in the coming weeks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 164 - 187
TAGG
June 8, 2017, 11:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,969
Gold Stars: 123
Quoted from promotion plaice

The exit polls ( could be wrong ) suggest that the Conservatives won't have the overall majority they require to push a hard Brexit.

I'm no expert in politics but........  if the exit poll reflects the true result what happens next ?

Another fookin election 👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 165 - 187
Hagrid
June 8, 2017, 11:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,383
Gold Stars: 527
I nominate Fat Cobra. With Joy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 166 - 187
KingstonMariner
June 8, 2017, 11:10pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Hagrid
I nominate Fat Cobra. With Joy

What''s Joy done to deserve being mentioned in that company?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 167 - 187
KingstonMariner
June 8, 2017, 11:12pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Posh Harry

Wow. I have tried not to read a lot of the stuff on here but some of what I had read has made sense on both sides of the arguement but you're suggesting that labour can pay for their manifesto by in effect printing more money? This then creates inflation and in a lot of cases hyperinflation (see Zimbabwe) and who would suffer most, especially in the short term, if the prices shot up? Oh yeah, that's right, the poor. The people who jezza is so concerned about.

The amount of money needed for what Corbyn is promising will at worst spiral the country into hyperinflation (assuming they print more money to pay for it) or at best a long term spiral back into deeper deeper debt eventually resulting in decades of worse austerity than we are currently facing after the last labour government.

Wow, wow, wow.

Have you not heard of Quantitative Easing? That's effectively what that is - printing money (except it's just adding numbers to bank balance sheets) And banks 'print' money every day when they lend you money. How is that not inflationary? It's not backed by gold or even a decent level of cash reserves.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 168 - 187
Maringer
June 9, 2017, 7:13am
Barley Wine Drinker
Fecking hell, Zac Goldsmith - a real piece of work as he showed in his Mayoral campaign - just won by 45 votes. Jammy sod.

It looks as though the Tories will just be able to sneak over the line once they set up their own coalition of chaos with the DUP.

Kind of ironic when they've spent so much of the past couple of elections wittering on about coalitions?

They'll have a 1 or 2 seat majority, this being the case. Not a good time to be a Tory whip, I'd have thought.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 169 - 187
19 Pages Prev ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive twit of the Week

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.