Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive twit of the Week
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 194 Guests

twit of the Week

This thread currently has 19,287 views. Print
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
June 6, 2017, 9:30pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Bigdog

To be fair Barra, privatising parts of the NHS has been done by all the main parties in power, somehow it's airbrushed out of history in some memories. Not sure whether it's right or not for the private sector to be involved, I don't know enough, but by trying to point privatisation in one direction colourwise is just inaccurate. On top of this.. anyone remember PFI that we're all still paying for?

It happened under Blair/Brown but it won't under Corbyn/McDonnell.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 187
KingstonMariner
June 6, 2017, 9:34pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Grim74

Tokyo, Budapest, Prague, Warsaw, etc etc etc
Big City's with low Muslim population which have no Islamic terror attacks.

Also big cities in countries without a history of occupying, bombing and invading Muslim countries. Bar a few minor exceptions (Japan - Indonesia in 1942; Hungary/Poland v the Ottomans but that was to re-take Christian areas).

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 187
KingstonMariner
June 6, 2017, 9:34pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Maringer

Government policy, of course.

Cut tax on higher earners, increase the income tax threshold, cut tax credits, cut benefits. Defund HMRC and let them come to cosy agreements with the wealthy/corporations caught trying to dodge tax. Fail to even investigate tax evasion by the wealthy when given all the information you need to do so ([url=http://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/2015/02/09/200000-people-were-prosecuted-for-not-having-a-tv-licence-last-year-but-hmrc-wont-prosecute-swiss-tax-cheats/]shocking![/url]).

What else? Who owns shares? The wealthy. When you cut Corporation Tax, it turns out that the companies don't invest more as they always claimed they would! Who'd have thunk it?

[img]https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/wp/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Screenshot-256.png[/img]

Here's what the IFS thinks will happen to the income of the poor and the wealthy (and everyone else) if the Tories retain power:

[img]https://www.ifs.org.uk/uploads/images/election2017_images/bns/bn202_fig7.jpg[/img]

Here's what happened under the coalition where the very richest actually took a bit of a hit (don't worry, they can afford it!) but the very well off benefited whilst the poorest suffered:

[img]https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-cGBSsUPc8sc/VGsocH40chI/AAAAAAAAA3g/drM_D6bu2rA/s1600/distribution.jpg[/img]

Government policy shapes the way the economy operates. Pretty obvious who the Tories care about, isn't it?

Sterling work Maringer. Judging by the red crosses, people on here obviously don't like facts.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 187
Bigdog
June 6, 2017, 9:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from KingstonMariner

It happened under Blair/Brown but it won't under Corbyn/McDonnell.

100% correct there Kingston.. it will never ever happen under Corbyn/McDonnell ..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 187
arryarryarry
June 6, 2017, 10:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
My vote for TOTW goes to Khan and all the liberal elitists that like to have their vigils and minutes silences and be filmed and photographed as if they really care.

They quite clearly don't otherwise they would have done something about it by now. It is 12 years since the 7th of July bombings and people are still being murdered on the streets. FFS World War 2 only lasted 6 years.

May has now said enough is enough, far too late and Corbyn would prefer to talk so I bet he is really drunk the feds shot the excrement out of them, he probably wanted to invite them round for tea and ask "what's up lads".

They are all flipping twits.
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 187
promotion plaice
June 6, 2017, 10:35pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from arryarryarry
My vote for TOTW goes to Khan and all the liberal elitists that like to have their vigils and minutes silences and be filmed and photographed as if they really care.

They quite clearly don't otherwise they would have done something about it by now. It is 12 years since the 7th of July bombings and people are still being murdered on the streets. FFS World War 2 only lasted 6 years.

May has now said enough is enough, far too late and Corbyn would prefer to talk so I bet he is really drunk the feds shot the excrement out of them, he probably wanted to invite them round for tea and ask "what's up lads".

One of the reasons why I will be voting Tory on Thursday.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 187
LH
June 6, 2017, 10:51pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,519
Gold Stars: 173
Can you list them all?
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 187
barralad
June 6, 2017, 10:59pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from arryarryarry

It's getting tiresome but Corbyn fully supported the decision taken to neutralise the terrorists on Saturday night...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 187
promotion plaice
June 6, 2017, 11:02pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from LH
Can you list them all?

I don't dislike Corbyn as a person I just think he isn't going to get us the best Brexit deal, just my opinion.

For the record I have voted Labour many times in the past.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 187
barralad
June 6, 2017, 11:18pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from promotion plaice

I don't dislike Corbyn as a person I just think he isn't going to get us the best Brexit deal, just my opinion.

For the record I have voted Labour many times in the past.

Surely nobody believes that either May or Corbyn are going to be directly involved in negotiations? Labour have barristers with over 20 years experience in Starmer and Thornberry. The Tories have Boris and David Davies...

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 187
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive twit of the Week

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.