Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive twit of the Week
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 149 Guests

twit of the Week

This thread currently has 19,294 views. Print
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Grim74
June 7, 2017, 12:04pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +16 / -13
Approval: -1,909
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Maringer

You are funny, Grim. First thing you do is reach for an insult. "Anti-English blob of excrement" and "Greedy fat pig". Stay classy.

As far as I can see, she's voted for of 92% of legislation relating to terrorism since she entered parliament. Here's a list, if you like:

http://www.publicwhip.org.uk/policy.php?id=1053

I think the main one she voted against was when they wanted to extend detention without charge to 42 days from 28. Fair enough, in my view. If you arrest someone and then can't charge them with anything 4 weeks later, why did you arrest them in the first place. You can always arrest them again at a future date if necessary.

As for Corbyn's voting record, it's pretty easy to discover that he voted both in favour and against various legislation. In fact, Theresa May voted the same way as Corbyn in quite a few votes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-40111329

Here's one of the votes that Corbyn was for and May against:

"The majority of MPs voted against opting in to a European Union proposal for a directive on combating terrorism, instead supporting work directly with other countries and recognising that national security is a matter for individual nations through their sovereign Parliaments."

Which way he voted on this one, he was supporting efforts against terrorism, though the Tory/UKIP view and vote on this one seems a bit bloody daft to me. Working directly with the EU makes more sense from my perspective, but there you are.

Off course I want to insult her has she paid the £14000 back yet?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/new.....-firm-Leigh-Day.html

You must of forgotton to mention that she also voted against the detention of terror suspects without charge for 90 days in the Terrorism Act 2006, we are not talking about shoplifters from primark here, these are potential Jihadis that want to kill us but Thornberry is more concerned with their Human rights, well done May for finally showing leadership and at least saying she will rip up the human rights bill that protect these terrorist scum, even if once again she has stolen the idea from UKIP.

As for your link did you read it? it still confirms that Corbyrn will vote against any anti terror laws oh wait apart from THE INVESTIGATORY POWERS ACT2006  in which he was absent. The fact of the matter is he voted against legislation 56 times between 2001-2010. Going further it was only in the aftermath of the 2015 Paris terror attacks he called the shooting of the terrorists by the police "quite dangerous" and "counter productive" he's also on the record and again during the latest election debate in which I viewed, NOT saying wheather he would order a drone strike against jihadi who would be plotting an overseas attack on the UK. FFS

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Promise a man someone else's fish and he votes Labour.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 100 - 187
Posh Harry
June 7, 2017, 12:29pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,361
Gold Stars: 35
Some of you guys really need to get a life.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 101 - 187
Maringer
June 7, 2017, 12:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,509
Gold Stars: 185
Wrong yet again, I'm afraid.

Thornberry didn't accept money from the firm in question. Not a penny. The monetary value quoted was for them donating work by legal assistants to help her do her job of Shadow Attorney General. This was in 2014, long before Leigh Day were reported to the tribunal:

http://www.islingtongazette.co.....legal-firm-1-4379576

How do you suggest she returns work carried out in years past by young solicitors? It looks as though legal firm did indeed carry out some dodgy dealings for which they got into trouble in 2016, but how was Thornberry to know about this back in 2014? Do you want our politicians to be psychic as well?

I realise that you believe everything you read in the Telegraph/Mail verbatim but do try to read between the lines sometimes.

Both Corbyn and Thornberry are against the use of anti-terror legislation to infringe on our rights such as detention without charge. That's fine by me. As I mentioned in the previous post, I think you should have something to charge somebody with if you've held them for 28 days (and I think you can apply to judges for further time if required?). Changing the law to 90 days and you're well on your way down the slippery slope to authoritarianism.

If you're happy for May to rid of the Human Rights Act, then good for you. It was brought in to bring us in line with the European Convention on Human Rights, the brainchild of that notorious pinko Commie Winston Churchill.

As for Corbyn, you're still wrong. Back in 2015 he said a "shoot to kill policy" is quite dangerous and counter-productive, which it is.

The thing is, you're obviously still confused about what a shoot to kill policy actually is, even though I explained it earlier in this thread!

Bear in mind that the unarmed Brazilian De Menezes was killed by the police when we don't have a shoot to kill policy. Can you imagine how many mistakes could be made if an official STK policy was enacted?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 102 - 187
Les Brechin
June 7, 2017, 12:50pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,710
Gold Stars: 174
Could I point certain posters to this thread on the NON-FOOTBALL forum.

http://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1492517165/

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 103 - 187
Hagrid
June 7, 2017, 12:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,419
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from Fat Cobra

For what reason?

cant stand them, may's the worst of the lot, whats she going to do for my future?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 104 - 187
Maringer
June 7, 2017, 12:59pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Les Brechin
Could I point certain posters to this thread on the NON-FOOTBALL forum.

http://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1492517165/

Sorry, Les.

Couldn't reply to posts from this thread in another one and couldn't leave them without a reply as they just simply weren't factual in the main.

If Grimrob wants to chop and change things around a bit and move some posts from this thread to another one, it obviously wouldn't bother me. Assuming the forum software allows it, of course!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 105 - 187
arryarryarry
June 7, 2017, 1:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,045
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from barralad

Oh dear you surely aren't stupid enough to think that u-turns are only the province of the leader of the opposition? Judging by her non-performance in this campaign May will be struggling to find her way to the Polling Station. Theresa May has had a long history of supporting the European Human Rights legislation. Yesterday she signalled a change in that view due to the changing world circumstances. If that is credible why would Corbyn's change of heart over a shoot to kill policy be any less so?

Why bring up May who I am no fan at all and I won't be voting for, my discussion was about Corbyn.
Private Message
Reply: 106 - 187
arryarryarry
June 7, 2017, 1:43pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,045
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Les Brechin
People who turn the TOTW thread into a political debate every week. (Even this close to an election).

The TOTW thread has, historically, always been a bit lighthearted so if you want to debate the ins and out of all things political please make your own thread so that I don't have to trawl through everything!

Really? What do you expect at this time of a General Election when politicians on all sides are making twits of themselves.
Private Message
Reply: 107 - 187
Maringer
June 7, 2017, 1:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

Why bring up May who I am no fan at all and I won't be voting for, my discussion was about Corbyn.

Do you still think Corbyn has made a U-turn on the shoot to kill policy which he doesn't support and which we don't have?

If so, why?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 108 - 187
Les Brechin
June 7, 2017, 1:51pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,710
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from arryarryarry

Really? What do you expect at this time of a General Election when politicians on all sides are making twits of themselves.

No problem with anyone nominating a politician at all, it's just all the lengthy debates that then fill the board up that I don't agree with.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 109 - 187
19 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive twit of the Week

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.