1mickylyons
March 31, 2016, 7:10am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,389
Gold Stars: 56
Quoted from MuddyWaters
I didn't expect a seat on the board for my £30, although some have got on the board for not much more. I would have liked it to have been spent on Promotion (clue is in the name) rather than perpetrating a run in the Trophy though.

The Season isn`t over yet so we don`t know whether or not Operation Promotion has succeeded what we do know is IF we get promoted you will still find something to gripe about!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 86
dapperz fun pub
March 31, 2016, 9:17am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,037
Gold Stars: 84
Quoted from 1mickylyons

The Season isn`t over yet so we don`t know whether or not Operation Promotion has succeeded what we do know is IF we get promoted you will still find something to gripe about!

Thing is Micky when you've had years and years of tosh it sort of drives you into a negative moaning mindset .  let's hope that all changes 7 days in may
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 86
MuddyWaters
March 31, 2016, 9:35am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from 1mickylyons

I seriously hope we get promoted,particularly for the long term future of the club, because without promotion soon, there has to be serious ramifications bearing in mind our finances. I may come across as a grumpy old twit but I care about GTFC just as much as you.
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 86
1mickylyons
March 31, 2016, 11:11am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Thing is Micky when you've had years and years of tosh it sort of drives you into a negative moaning mindset .  let's hope that all changes 7 days in may

I feel the pain mate same as you TOC and several thousand others BUT the point here is we contributed to Operation Promotion and until the Season ends we cant say whether or not weve been successful in achieving our goal. As pointed out earlier if it was Operation Guaranteed Promotion we would all have chucked even more money at it. I have been frustrated at various times this Season with what I perceived as lack of intent and negative tactics however the facts are we are handily placed in the table for one of the 2 Promotion spots available and have been for most of the Season.The chance of top spot has looked out of reach from early doors and we have never really managed to get close enough to get either of the top 2 under the cosh and that has been a disappointment to us all and the body language of PH has suggested to me he settled for the Play Offs quite a while back. Not because I am a Town fan BUT you would think PH and GTFC would be the team best equipped for the Play Offs due to the experience over the past 3 Seasons lets hope he delivers.UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 86
1mickylyons
March 31, 2016, 11:14am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I seriously hope we get promoted,particularly for the long term future of the club, because without promotion soon, there has to be serious ramifications bearing in mind our finances. I may come across as a grumpy old twit but I care about GTFC just as much as you.

Don't doubt it I just think we are nailed on for the Play Offs at worst which means we still have a minimum 25% chance of success going that route
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 86
MuddyWaters
March 31, 2016, 11:29am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Don't doubt it I just think we are nailed on for the Play Offs at worst which means we still have a minimum 25% chance of success going that route

Maybe we are but I believe we've let a real chance slip. This time last season, we were the best team in this league, this season, we have been way too inconsistent IMHO.
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 86
1mickylyons
March 31, 2016, 11:36am
Special Brew Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Maybe we are but I believe we've let a real chance slip. This time last season, we were the best team in this league, this season, we have been way too inconsistent IMHO.

Slow start yet again is what cost us and some very odd results versus the lesser sides for example 4 pts dropped to Guiseley.No idea why I have fancied us to do a Wembley Double from the start and nothing I have seen so far suggests I am wrong.UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 86
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 100k

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.