HertsGTFC
March 28, 2016, 11:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,985
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from bawarmy

Sorry didn't see that post as don't come on here as much anymore as whatever you say gets shot down by dicks like you. All I am saying is what I have been told within the club and no it is not by a programme seller. It is someone who is in the know and they said it should be mentioned at the AGM. I'm only passing the message on.

So if your information is so robust that you feel that passionate to defend it by calling me a male private maybe you would be so kind as to reveal your source at the club...........Is it the same one who a few years ago said Chelsea wanted to sign Liam Hearn?

If it should be "mentioned at the AGM" then surely they should be brave enough to submit it as an agenda point? or in AOB? I am sure the Trust have an AGM of some form and maybe as the £100K was raised in partnership with the Trust then maybe that would be the correct forum to seek an answer.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 86
barralad
March 28, 2016, 11:16pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from bawarmy

Sorry didn't see that post as don't come on here as much anymore as whatever you say gets shot down by dicks like you. All I am saying is what I have been told within the club and no it is not by a programme seller. It is someone who is in the know and they said it should be mentioned at the AGM. I'm only passing the message on.

It is my experience that if you want to pass something on on a public forum then people are going to take the opportunity to share their counter view as well. It's apparently how freedom of speech works.
You could of course pull off a real coup by naming your source. Now that would be newsworthy.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 86
bawarmy
March 28, 2016, 11:48pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +2,020
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from HertsGTFC

So if your information is so robust that you feel that passionate to defend it by calling me a male private maybe you would be so kind as to reveal your source at the club...........Is it the same one who a few years ago said Chelsea wanted to sign Liam Hearn?

If it should be "mentioned at the AGM" then surely they should be brave enough to submit it as an agenda point? or in AOB? I am sure the Trust have an AGM of some form and maybe as the £100K was raised in partnership with the Trust then maybe that would be the correct forum to seek an answer.

Sorry didn't mean to upset you

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 86
bawarmy
March 28, 2016, 11:52pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +2,020
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from barralad

It is my experience that if you want to pass something on on a public forum then people are going to take the opportunity to share their counter view as well. It's apparently how freedom of speech works.
You could of course pull off a real coup by naming your source. Now that would be newsworthy.

I would if I could.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 86
pizzzza
March 29, 2016, 8:19am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from bawarmy

I would if I could.  

What would happen if you do?
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 86
WOZOFGRIMSBY
March 29, 2016, 8:53am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,948
Gold Stars: 180
If you've watched the fenty video, you'll see that most was spent on the acquisition of the fallen Madonna with the big boobies

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 86
dapperz fun pub
March 29, 2016, 9:32am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,038
Gold Stars: 84
Allo allo something fishy about all of this .                                                                
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 86
ginnywings
March 29, 2016, 10:13am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
I don't care what happened to the money. I gave it to the club in the hope that it would give us a very slight edge in a title race, but it looks like that is not going to happen now. I now hope that it turns out to be the pivotal element that got us promoted via the play offs. If we are still down here next season, then it's still a good thing that we did and i would do it again. It may still come to fruition yet but if it doesn't, you can't then complain and ask for your money back. There were no guarantees.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 86
1mickylyons
March 29, 2016, 10:19am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.53
Rep Score: +42 / -14
Approval: +9,389
Gold Stars: 56
Where is FFS when you need him most?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 86
chicaneuk
March 29, 2016, 10:22am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.21
Rep Score: +14 / 0
Approval: +1,486
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from ginnywings
I don't care what happened to the money. I gave it to the club in the hope that it would give us a very slight edge in a title race, but it looks like that is not going to happen now. I now hope that it turns out to be the pivotal element that got us promoted via the play offs. If we are still down here next season, then it's still a good thing that we did and i would do it again. It may still come to fruition yet but if it doesn't, you can't then complain and ask for your money back. There were no guarantees.

Exactly. The club didn't ask for the money. The fans decided it was something they wanted to do. I donated to operation promotion twice - I had no expectations on how the money would be spent or how the club should use it - I just wanted to help do my bit, as I don't get to anywhere near enough games in the season because of my distance from Blundell Park.

It's like your gran giving you £20 at christmas, then ringing you up 6 months later to find out how you spent it!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 86
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 100k

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.