Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: bawarmy, March 28, 2016, 5:04pm
Where did that £100k go that the supporters raised as I don't think we have signed anyone we wouldn't have if it wasn't available. Speaking to someone at the club about it they said it has long been frittered away and they can't believe this hasn't been mentioned before.  They said the AGM should be fun if it is mentioned.
Posted by: Hagrid, March 28, 2016, 5:07pm; Reply: 1
I assume somes still left, we made hefty bids for Vose and a striker from margate in January but both refused to come
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 28, 2016, 5:18pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from bawarmy
Where did that £100k go that the supporters raised as I don't think we have signed anyone we wouldn't have if it wasn't available. Speaking to someone at the club about it they said it has long been frittered away and they can't believe this hasn't been mentioned before.  They said the AGM should be fun if it is mentioned.

I am not sure the lad who sells the programmes on the corner near the Imp knows what he's on about....................This was a really long thread a few weeks ago, best left alone.  

Posted by: fleabag1970, March 28, 2016, 5:47pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I am not sure the lad who sells the programmes on the corner near the Imp knows what he's on about....................This was a really long thread a few weeks ago, best left alone.  

Yes .... Do not question anything at all , ever , never ................ How dare you .  #Freespeech
Posted by: Laddy89, March 28, 2016, 6:01pm; Reply: 4
Probably spent on Hursts and Doigs petrol bills each week considering Doig travels from Birmingham everyday and Hurst from Rotherham. Pathetic if you ask me.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 28, 2016, 6:01pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from fleabag1970

Yes .... Do not question anything at all , ever , never ................ How dare you .  #Freespeech

Actually your right mate TBH............. I just thought the topic was exhausted last time when it became a massive thread. Did we ever get to the bottom of it? Will the deluded ego maniac or the self appointed saviour who is "putting his money where his mouth is" ever give us any visibility on such things? I doubt it..  Though as a trust member and contributor to OP I think we could have done a better job in letting people know where it went.

I'll ask Susan Mullen she appeared to have known all the answers, maybe PH should ask her about selection & formation.  

Posted by: fleabag1970, March 28, 2016, 6:09pm; Reply: 6
The Fans Gave 100k to a Business that over the last 13 years has Dropped down to its current level.   Im guessing that If Operation Save Our Club had happened in 2003 it would not of raised any thing like 100k ?  

It is good to ask questions though ....................... Also it is good to think before you act ..........................
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 28, 2016, 6:11pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Laddy89
Probably spent on Hursts and Doigs petrol bills each week considering Doig travels from Birmingham everyday and Hurst from Rotherham. Pathetic if you ask me.

I am not sure we are great at paying for petrol............ask Magnay.

Posted by: Laddy89, March 28, 2016, 6:34pm; Reply: 8
Haha very good point!!
Posted by: Davec, March 28, 2016, 6:36pm; Reply: 9
I can understand players not relocating to Grimsby all the time with the possibility they could be on the move again within a year or so providing they don't live too far away

But Warrington Hurst and Doig travelling over 150 mile round trip each day is absolutely ridiculous, imo players and management should all live within say a 75-85 mile radius

Or maybe When we are back in the league and finances are looking better, could the club buy some housing in the Grimsby area then rent out to new players for a cheap rent ?

When that player leaves the club, they then vacate the premises

Would that hep with the location problem ?
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, March 28, 2016, 6:41pm; Reply: 10
Was this cleared up or was we told ( fans) were the money was spent? I remember slightly mixed messages about the whole thing tbh in fact maybe a you tube vid from someone at the club  could clear it up (wacko)(wacko)(yes)(yes)
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, March 28, 2016, 6:45pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Davec
I can understand players not relocating to Grimsby all the time with the possibility they could be on the move again within a year or so providing they don't live too far away

But Warrington Hurst and Doig travelling over 150 mile round trip each day is absolutely ridiculous, imo players and management should all live within say a 75-85 mile radius

Or maybe When we are back in the league and finances are looking better, could the club buy some housing in the Grimsby area then rent out to new players for a cheap rent ?

When that player leaves the club, they then vacate the premises

Would that hep with the location problem ?

Rotherham is a hour tops hardly long distance that to me is acceptable but Birmingham that's too far IMO
Posted by: Grim74, March 28, 2016, 7:29pm; Reply: 12
I can't believe that's aloud to happen if true. I'm a Fenty supporter but I think he's totally wrong if he's allowing Doig to travel from Birmingham.
Fenty could get an house for £25000 down Gilbey road I'd stick hurst and doig in there, if we ever get promoted then they'd  get a better house.
Posted by: Youngy, March 28, 2016, 7:32pm; Reply: 13
I thought Doig was from the Notts area?
Posted by: golfer, March 28, 2016, 7:37pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Grim74
I can't believe that's aloud to happen if true. I'm a Fenty supporter but I think he's totally wrong if he's allowing Doig to travel from Birmingham.
Fenty could get an house for £25000 down Gilbey road I'd stick hurst and doig in there, if we ever get promoted then they'd  get a better house.

I,d stick the effing team in there after todays performance, lock the doors and set it on fire.
Posted by: lukeo, March 28, 2016, 7:51pm; Reply: 15
ermm why does it matter where doig drives from? aslong as he makes it to every game and every training session.
Posted by: sam gy, March 28, 2016, 9:10pm; Reply: 16
FFS are we really gonna have this topic every time we lose a match? Operation Promotion was and still is a hugely positive thing, not a stick to beat Paul Hurst with everytime things don't go our way.
Posted by: Jaws, March 28, 2016, 9:34pm; Reply: 17
Some people acting like they want an itemised bill!!
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 28, 2016, 9:37pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from sam gy
FFS are we really gonna have this topic every time we lose a match? Operation Promotion was and still is a hugely positive thing, not a stick to beat Paul Hurst with everytime things don't go our way.

Operation Promotion was an exceptional feat and one that only supporters like us/ours could deliver. As well as the cash the positivity and good will it generated was exceptional..........Truly exceptional!

But the money was meant to be for a stint at promotion and in real terms we are no closer to getting up than we was 1 min after losing to Brizzle at Wembley.

Agree not a stick to beat PH with but one that Fenty, Mullen, Hurst Et al. will have hanging over them until the objective is achieved.  

The only way this will ever go away is if one or more of them go away.......... As it stands if "investing" £100K was the way to get rid of the set of Muppets that manage this team and run this club I reckon that's money well spent.

Posted by: nightrider, March 28, 2016, 9:43pm; Reply: 19
Good job we raised the 100k. Otherwise, according to John, we'd be one of the poorest teams in the league. And then it really would be true, we would be punching above our weight. Really.
Posted by: barralad, March 28, 2016, 10:11pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from bawarmy

When did we last pay (a reputed) 50K for a player? Kind of suggests that we haven't been able to afford it in recent times
Posted by: Davec, March 28, 2016, 10:15pm; Reply: 21
Well according to John Fenty we might have been mid table without the money

Could have been renamed #Operationavoidmidtable ;)

Tounge in cheek before anybody has a go
Posted by: MuddyWaters, March 28, 2016, 10:28pm; Reply: 22
Think Sam gy needs to remember that some of us can remember a time pre Fenty when Grimsby Town thrived and flourished and beat clubs like Newcastle, Man City and Chelsea in the League. I've just read Lord Buckleys book on my balcony in Portugal and the wave of euphoria crashed over me like it did back then. We were spoiled then, not now.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, March 28, 2016, 10:38pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Think Sam gy needs to remember that some of us can remember a time pre Fenty when Grimsby Town thrived and flourished and beat clubs like Newcastle, Man City and Chelsea in the League. I've just read Lord Buckleys book on my balcony in Portugal and the wave of euphoria crashed over me like it did back then. We were spoiled then, not now.

Why does he? The point he makes is a perfectly valid one. I'd say it's far more relevant than talking about when we used to compete with teams who are now owned by oligarchs and Middle Eastern royalty.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, March 28, 2016, 10:42pm; Reply: 24
Give me an oligarch or a Sheik over a fish merchant any day of any week in any year since 2003.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 28, 2016, 10:45pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Agree.......Yes we beat some massive clubs but they where "treats" for the fans on the back of a week in week out "normality" of getting the ball down, moving it to players in space and not passing it to backwards or to "hold up players" with their back to the goal.

I truly believe if we saw the "normality" now I would consider myself "spoiled" and we would be back in the FL or at least a cert for promotion this year.

Biggest thin stopping us getting up? We fail to play with the ball and have been too hung up on formations, tack tics and game plans. Maybe PH needs to stop playing Champ Manager in his spare time.

Posted by: Rodley Mariner, March 28, 2016, 10:53pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Give me an oligarch or a Sheik over a fish merchant any day of any week in any year since 2003.

Yeah Fenty will have been fighting off the oligarchs desperate to invest in us with a fishy stick.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, March 28, 2016, 10:55pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

Yeah Fenty will have been fighting off the oligarchs desperate to invest in us with a fishy stick.

Maybe that's why he had a Russian girlfriend?
Posted by: mariner2000, March 28, 2016, 10:58pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Davec
Well according to John Fenty we might have been mid table without the money

Could have been renamed #Operationavoidmidtable ;)

Tounge in cheek before anybody has a go

I think the important thing this highlights that no-one seems to mention is that it means next year we will have a mid table budget and a mid table manager in this tin pot league....    if not and FENTY stumps up extra due to play off monies etc. then why was it held back this year when it could have been added to the op promo money and made a significant difference
Posted by: bawarmy, March 28, 2016, 11:09pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Sorry didn't see that post as don't come on here as much anymore as whatever you say gets shot down by dicks like you. All I am saying is what I have been told within the club and no it is not by a programme seller. It is someone who is in the know and they said it should be mentioned at the AGM. I'm only passing the message on.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 28, 2016, 11:15pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from bawarmy

Sorry didn't see that post as don't come on here as much anymore as whatever you say gets shot down by dicks like you. All I am saying is what I have been told within the club and no it is not by a programme seller. It is someone who is in the know and they said it should be mentioned at the AGM. I'm only passing the message on.

So if your information is so robust that you feel that passionate to defend it by calling me a male private maybe you would be so kind as to reveal your source at the club...........Is it the same one who a few years ago said Chelsea wanted to sign Liam Hearn?

If it should be "mentioned at the AGM" then surely they should be brave enough to submit it as an agenda point? or in AOB? I am sure the Trust have an AGM of some form and maybe as the £100K was raised in partnership with the Trust then maybe that would be the correct forum to seek an answer.
Posted by: barralad, March 28, 2016, 11:16pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from bawarmy

It is my experience that if you want to pass something on on a public forum then people are going to take the opportunity to share their counter view as well. It's apparently how freedom of speech works.
You could of course pull off a real coup by naming your source. Now that would be newsworthy.
Posted by: bawarmy, March 28, 2016, 11:48pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from HertsGTFC

So if your information is so robust that you feel that passionate to defend it by calling me a male private maybe you would be so kind as to reveal your source at the club...........Is it the same one who a few years ago said Chelsea wanted to sign Liam Hearn?

If it should be "mentioned at the AGM" then surely they should be brave enough to submit it as an agenda point? or in AOB? I am sure the Trust have an AGM of some form and maybe as the £100K was raised in partnership with the Trust then maybe that would be the correct forum to seek an answer.

Sorry didn't mean to upset you

Posted by: bawarmy, March 28, 2016, 11:52pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from barralad

It is my experience that if you want to pass something on on a public forum then people are going to take the opportunity to share their counter view as well. It's apparently how freedom of speech works.
You could of course pull off a real coup by naming your source. Now that would be newsworthy.

I would if I could.  
Posted by: pizzzza, March 29, 2016, 8:19am; Reply: 34
Quoted from bawarmy

I would if I could.  

What would happen if you do?
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, March 29, 2016, 8:53am; Reply: 35
If you've watched the fenty video, you'll see that most was spent on the acquisition of the fallen Madonna with the big boobies
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, March 29, 2016, 9:32am; Reply: 36
Allo allo something fishy about all of this (anger3)(anger3).                                                                (whistling)
Posted by: ginnywings, March 29, 2016, 10:13am; Reply: 37
I don't care what happened to the money. I gave it to the club in the hope that it would give us a very slight edge in a title race, but it looks like that is not going to happen now. I now hope that it turns out to be the pivotal element that got us promoted via the play offs. If we are still down here next season, then it's still a good thing that we did and i would do it again. It may still come to fruition yet but if it doesn't, you can't then complain and ask for your money back. There were no guarantees.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, March 29, 2016, 10:19am; Reply: 38
Where is FFS when you need him most?
Posted by: chicaneuk, March 29, 2016, 10:22am; Reply: 39
Quoted from ginnywings
I don't care what happened to the money. I gave it to the club in the hope that it would give us a very slight edge in a title race, but it looks like that is not going to happen now. I now hope that it turns out to be the pivotal element that got us promoted via the play offs. If we are still down here next season, then it's still a good thing that we did and i would do it again. It may still come to fruition yet but if it doesn't, you can't then complain and ask for your money back. There were no guarantees.

Exactly. The club didn't ask for the money. The fans decided it was something they wanted to do. I donated to operation promotion twice - I had no expectations on how the money would be spent or how the club should use it - I just wanted to help do my bit, as I don't get to anywhere near enough games in the season because of my distance from Blundell Park.

It's like your gran giving you £20 at christmas, then ringing you up 6 months later to find out how you spent it!
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, March 29, 2016, 1:02pm; Reply: 40
The standard of threads on the fishy when we lose are starting to go from bad to worse!
Posted by: chaos33, March 29, 2016, 1:12pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from ginnywings

Yep. Agree with this and suspect most think the same.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, March 29, 2016, 1:25pm; Reply: 42
Can't help but think that a bit of transparency wouldn't go amiss, particularly if the Trust decides to do it over again.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, March 29, 2016, 1:29pm; Reply: 43
There was a consensus when this was happening that it would just be absorbed into the budget and not identified as being spent on a particular player so as not to add pressure onto that player and to not make it a straight success or failure depending on how one or two players fared.

I'm with Ginny and Chaos - I gave and I'd give again and I don't expect anybody to justify to me how the money was spent. It'll be a real shame if what was a great effort and achievement becomes something to beat the club and the Trust with.
Posted by: Davec, March 29, 2016, 1:33pm; Reply: 44
I gave my donation with the understanding it would be spent on help the club achieve promotion, aslong as it's spent on that I don't mind how, for example I don't mind it being spent on improving the training facilities but I would mind if it's been spent on painting the white lines or something, but I'm sure that isn't the case.
Posted by: Garth, March 29, 2016, 1:43pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
There was a consensus when this was happening that it would just be absorbed into the budget and not identified as being spent on a particular player so as not to add pressure onto that player and to not make it a straight success or failure depending on how one or two players fared.

I'm with Ginny and Chaos - I gave and I'd give again and I don't expect anybody to justify to me how the money was spent. It'll be a real shame if what was a great effort and achievement becomes something to beat the club and the Trust with.

WHS I have a feeling that those who gave the least, are the ones who shout the most ;)
Posted by: ackomariner, March 29, 2016, 2:32pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from Garth

[/b]

WHS I have a feeling that those who gave the least, are the ones who shout the most ;)

Doesn't matter does it?

All depends on how much you can afford tbh. If someone gave 50p, it's 50p more the club didn't have
Posted by: GrimRob, March 29, 2016, 2:52pm; Reply: 47
It's a budget boost. Trying to pinpoint where it went is meaningless, other by comparing this year's budget with last year's. It's like trying to work out what proportion of your taxes going on the NHS or on bombing Syria.

Having said that I'd rather have had a smaller squad of more highly paid players and forgotten about the FA Trophy. It seems some of our budget was spent on a large squad to fight on two fronts. Although we get money for getting to the FAT final I suspect we've also spent money on "lesser" players to help get us there.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, March 29, 2016, 5:16pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from GrimRob
It's a budget boost. Trying to pinpoint where it went is meaningless, other by comparing this year's budget with last year's. It's like trying to work out what proportion of your taxes going on the NHS or on bombing Syria.

Having said that I'd rather have had a smaller squad of more highly paid players and forgotten about the FA Trophy. It seems some of our budget was spent on a large squad to fight on two fronts. Although we get money for getting to the FAT final I suspect we've also spent money on "lesser" players to help get us there.

I agree Rob. I would be most pissedoff if we've spent O P money on benchwarmers for the Trophy.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 29, 2016, 6:36pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from GrimRob

In principle I would agree but I think the squad is not possibly as big as what we feel it is, remember a few weeks ago the 16 in the squad for a couple of league games where the last 16 due to injuries and waiting for the transfer window to close.

I think a couple less with a bigger bonus scheme for promotion would be worth considering, remember the players do this to pay their mortgages etc....  

Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, March 29, 2016, 7:00pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from GrimRob

The clue was in the name.

Posted by: easypeersy, March 29, 2016, 8:26pm; Reply: 51
I asked who I believe is a Trust bigwig on the away coach to somewhere, (can't remember) and he said how dare I ask such a question!
Beggars belief really. I thought anyone who ploughs money into a good cause should be entitled to know where their money has been used!
Posted by: fleabag1970, March 29, 2016, 8:54pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from easypeersy
I asked who I believe is a Trust bigwig on the away coach to somewhere, (can't remember) and he said how dare I ask such a question!
Beggars belief really. I thought anyone who ploughs money into a good cause should be entitled to know where their money has been used!

How Very Dare You ask questions ............................................
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 29, 2016, 9:00pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from GrimRob

HMRC helpfully give you a breakdown now on how your tax is split. Can't remember the split between health and defence - but I think it'd have been cheaper to subsidise the Russians for all the good our coalition has been at hitting ISIS.
Posted by: Davec, March 29, 2016, 9:06pm; Reply: 54
Well no wonder we have fans in doubt when somebody asks a perfectly reasonable question to a member of the trust and the reply is "how dare you ask that question"

Some transparency will put peoples mind at rest

Trust members saying "how dare you ask that question" is obviously going to raise some doubts
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 29, 2016, 9:18pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from Davec
Well no wonder we have fans in doubt when somebody asks a perfectly reasonable question to a member of the trust and the reply is "how dare you ask that question"

Some transparency will put peoples mind at rest

Trust members saying "how dare you ask that question" is obviously going to raise some doubts

So let's just check the 'facts' here.

Someone anonymous on a message board said they asked someone a question on a coach. The supposed questioner doesn't know who he/she asked and doesn't know whether the person questioned was actually someone in a position of knowledge or authority. And the supposed questioner doesn't even know when this was or where the coach was heading.

That's not testimony that will convict anyone is it?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: barralad, March 29, 2016, 9:19pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from easypeersy

You have a p.m.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, March 29, 2016, 10:44pm; Reply: 57
Forget private messaging get it in the open it then clears it up once and for all
Posted by: lukeo, March 30, 2016, 6:26am; Reply: 58
I bought loads of excrement and donated to help my club out, aslong as someone didn't keep the cash themselves and it went to gtfc I don't care what it paid for I did it out of love for my team
Posted by: Davec, March 30, 2016, 7:35am; Reply: 59
Agree with Dapperz, stuff the private messages, let's get it all out in the open then it can put peoples mind to rest then that can be the end of it and a thread like this won't be started again.
Posted by: barralad, March 30, 2016, 7:55am; Reply: 60
Quoted from Davec
Agree with Dapperz, stuff the private messages, let's get it all out in the open then it can put peoples mind to rest then that can be the end of it and a thread like this won't be started again.

Not that I should have to justify my posts to you or Dapperz but my p.m. was to try to identify exactly who easypeersey had been talking to. Only two Trust Board members travel on Terry's bus and guess what? He didn"t speak to either of us. As for it being the end of it, most sensible people would have thought that the statement put out by the Trust and the club after the last episode would have been enough to put it to bed. It certainly seemed to be enough for you to issue an apology to me. There is nothing to stop anybody resurrecting it every time Town lose a game. There are some conspiracy theorists on here...
Posted by: Davec, March 30, 2016, 8:46am; Reply: 61
Oh I'm confident that there is no conspiracy here Barralad, the statement by club and Trust put my mind to rest, I'm just putting what others might think, no conspiracy as far as I'm concerned, but some may not agree.
Posted by: ginnywings, March 30, 2016, 9:35am; Reply: 62
I don't get this notion that the money was wasted on loan players who don't get a game. Do people think we ought to go through a season with a squad of 16, so nobody is ever sat in the stands? Surely some of the signings were to boost squad numbers as cover in case we had a sudden run of injuries/suspensions/loss of form and some such as Nolan, Horwood and Hoban have gone straight into the side and in general improved us IMO.

We then get others complaining that loanees shouldn't go straight into the side at the expense of contracted players.  :-/
Posted by: 1mickylyons, March 30, 2016, 11:52am; Reply: 63
Keep up the good work Barralad and other Trust Board members.Far too many people on here happy to knock what these guys do in their own free time to try and make things better for all our supporters.Ask yourselves this what do you do to try and help fellow GTFC fans and the Club? The change over the last couple of years in the matchday experience since the Trust got involved has been a magnificent achievement and I wholly applaud the efforts of all concerned. To those that pour scorn on these efforts put up or shut up.UTM
Posted by: Civvy at last, March 30, 2016, 12:59pm; Reply: 64
[quote=

It's like your gran giving you £20 at christmas, then ringing you up 6 months later to find out how you spent it! [/quote]

But surely if your Nan gave you £20 to improve your appearance. But six months later you looked the same, she might ask if you had spent the money or not.

I personally don't care how my £20 was spent (within reason).
But I can understand those who do ?
Posted by: 1mickylyons, March 30, 2016, 1:21pm; Reply: 65
Quoted from Civvy at last
[quote=

It's like your gran giving you £20 at christmas, then ringing you up 6 months later to find out how you spent it!

But surely if your Nan gave you £20 to improve your appearance. But six months later you looked the same, she might ask if you had spent the money or not.

But I can understand those who do ? [/quote]

By pledging £20 or whatever I saw it we gave GTFC/Paul Hurst carte blanche to spend that many however they saw fit to gain Promotion and until we kick the last ball of the Season we don't really know where we are? If as we all hope Town go up job done if they fail we can ask where did the money go and why was 80k spent on goldfish in the physio`s room etc now is not the time.

Posted by: Balthazar Bullitt, March 30, 2016, 1:24pm; Reply: 66
Would have thought  the best time to have been asking the question was before you donated? Seemed pretty clear to me what I was giving money for and I was also fully aware it didn't come with any guarantees. The Trust deserves all the plaudits it got for organising what was a very successful and nationally recognised campaign.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, March 30, 2016, 1:39pm; Reply: 67
Cant we just all move on..

We gave the money in good faith and im sure the trust  distributed it in good faith.

One things for sure if we dont go up im not sure how many will get sucked in again by another operation promotion, it was a good thing to do at the time as we still had a feel good feeling around the club but im not sure that feel good feeling will still be around after six years of falling short if we do this time around.
Posted by: Dan, March 30, 2016, 1:56pm; Reply: 68
100k is a pittance compared to what John Fenty and others have put in. Perspective is important.
Posted by: Garth, March 30, 2016, 2:34pm; Reply: 69
Quoted from 1mickylyons

But I can understand those who do ?

By pledging £20 or whatever I saw it we gave GTFC/Paul Hurst carte blanche to spend that many however they saw fit to gain Promotion and until we kick the last ball of the Season we don't really know where we are? If as we all hope Town go up job done if they fail we can ask where did the money go and why was 80k spent on goldfish in the physio`s room etc now is not the time.

[/quote]

Look Nan I went to a charity shop and bought twice as many used things that I could have possibly bought at a quality shop,  even though  I never used some of them,  however I do look a lot better than last year and with a little more financial help from Uncle John, I just could go places
Posted by: MuddyWaters, March 30, 2016, 3:08pm; Reply: 70
I didn't expect a seat on the board for my £30, although some have got on the board for not much more. I would have liked it to have been spent on Promotion (clue is in the name) rather than perpetrating a run in the Trophy though.
Posted by: Civvy at last, March 30, 2016, 3:12pm; Reply: 71
Quoted from MuddyWaters
I didn't expect a seat on the board for my £30, although some have got on the board for not much more. I would have liked it to have been spent on Promotion (clue is in the name) rather than perpetrating a run in the Trophy though.

Well apparently, it's all been spent on some new clothes for my Nan , and Goldfish for Dave Moore. 😉
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, March 30, 2016, 3:42pm; Reply: 72
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I'm fairly sure that the club have been and still are trying to achieve promotion. If you thought your £30 guaranteed something in return then the only fool is you.
Posted by: barralad, March 30, 2016, 3:45pm; Reply: 73
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I think we might have raised a few bob more if it had been called Operation Guaranteed Promotion.
Posted by: sam gy, March 30, 2016, 4:17pm; Reply: 74
Quoted from barralad

I think we might have raised a few bob more if it had been called Operation Guaranteed Promotion.

Brilliant :)
Posted by: HertsGTFC, March 30, 2016, 9:17pm; Reply: 75
Quoted from barralad

Not that I should have to justify my posts to you or Dapperz but my p.m. was to try to identify exactly who easypeersey had been talking to. Only two Trust Board members travel on Terry's bus and guess what? He didn"t speak to either of us. As for it being the end of it, most sensible people would have thought that the statement put out by the Trust and the club after the last episode would have been enough to put it to bed. It certainly seemed to be enough for you to issue an apology to me. There is nothing to stop anybody resurrecting it every time Town lose a game. There are some conspiracy theorists on here...

Which is what I meant when the OP dragged this out ......................Time to get on with winning promotion we still have a chance though it appears many (at odd times including me) appear to have forgotten.

Posted by: heppy88, March 30, 2016, 9:17pm; Reply: 76
When all is said and done we still have a realistic chance of promotion. So what's the problem?
Posted by: headingly_mariner, March 30, 2016, 9:51pm; Reply: 77
Quoted from Dan
100k is a pittance compared to what John Fenty and others have put in. Perspective is important.

Maybe it should have been put in as benign loans from the trust. The money loaned to club by directors is like a lead bouyancy aid.
Posted by: bobbyturtle, March 30, 2016, 9:58pm; Reply: 78
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
If you've watched the fenty video, you'll see that most was spent on the acquisition of the fallen Madonna with the big boobies

its all about the Monet, anyway, it was just an impression of big boobies, they weren't that big
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 30, 2016, 10:39pm; Reply: 79
Quoted from bobbyturtle

its all about the Monet, anyway, it was just an impression of big boobies, they weren't that big

Fence's taste in art has been the butt of people's humour since that video came out.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, March 31, 2016, 7:10am; Reply: 80
Quoted from MuddyWaters

The Season isn`t over yet so we don`t know whether or not Operation Promotion has succeeded what we do know is IF we get promoted you will still find something to gripe about!
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, March 31, 2016, 9:17am; Reply: 81
Quoted from 1mickylyons

The Season isn`t over yet so we don`t know whether or not Operation Promotion has succeeded what we do know is IF we get promoted you will still find something to gripe about!

Thing is Micky when you've had years and years of tosh it sort of drives you into a negative moaning mindset .  let's hope that all changes 7 days in may
Posted by: MuddyWaters, March 31, 2016, 9:35am; Reply: 82
Quoted from 1mickylyons

I seriously hope we get promoted,particularly for the long term future of the club, because without promotion soon, there has to be serious ramifications bearing in mind our finances. I may come across as a grumpy old twit but I care about GTFC just as much as you.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, March 31, 2016, 11:11am; Reply: 83
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

Thing is Micky when you've had years and years of tosh it sort of drives you into a negative moaning mindset .  let's hope that all changes 7 days in may

I feel the pain mate same as you TOC and several thousand others BUT the point here is we contributed to Operation Promotion and until the Season ends we cant say whether or not weve been successful in achieving our goal. As pointed out earlier if it was Operation Guaranteed Promotion we would all have chucked even more money at it. I have been frustrated at various times this Season with what I perceived as lack of intent and negative tactics however the facts are we are handily placed in the table for one of the 2 Promotion spots available and have been for most of the Season.The chance of top spot has looked out of reach from early doors and we have never really managed to get close enough to get either of the top 2 under the cosh and that has been a disappointment to us all and the body language of PH has suggested to me he settled for the Play Offs quite a while back. Not because I am a Town fan BUT you would think PH and GTFC would be the team best equipped for the Play Offs due to the experience over the past 3 Seasons lets hope he delivers.UTM
Posted by: 1mickylyons, March 31, 2016, 11:14am; Reply: 84
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I seriously hope we get promoted,particularly for the long term future of the club, because without promotion soon, there has to be serious ramifications bearing in mind our finances. I may come across as a grumpy old twit but I care about GTFC just as much as you.

Don't doubt it I just think we are nailed on for the Play Offs at worst which means we still have a minimum 25% chance of success going that route
Posted by: MuddyWaters, March 31, 2016, 11:29am; Reply: 85
Quoted from 1mickylyons

Don't doubt it I just think we are nailed on for the Play Offs at worst which means we still have a minimum 25% chance of success going that route

Maybe we are but I believe we've let a real chance slip. This time last season, we were the best team in this league, this season, we have been way too inconsistent IMHO.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, March 31, 2016, 11:36am; Reply: 86
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Maybe we are but I believe we've let a real chance slip. This time last season, we were the best team in this league, this season, we have been way too inconsistent IMHO.

Slow start yet again is what cost us and some very odd results versus the lesser sides for example 4 pts dropped to Guiseley.No idea why I have fancied us to do a Wembley Double from the start and nothing I have seen so far suggests I am wrong.UTM
Print page generated: May 6, 2024, 11:15am