TheRonRaffertyFanClub
March 29, 2016, 7:00pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from GrimRob
It's a budget boost. Trying to pinpoint where it went is meaningless, other by comparing this year's budget with last year's. It's like trying to work out what proportion of your taxes going on the NHS or on bombing Syria.

Having said that I'd rather have had a smaller squad of more highly paid players and forgotten about the FA Trophy. It seems some of our budget was spent on a large squad to fight on two fronts. Although we get money for getting to the FAT final I suspect we've also spent money on "lesser" players to help get us there.

The clue was in the name.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 86
easypeersy
March 29, 2016, 8:26pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +301
Gold Stars: 11
I asked who I believe is a Trust bigwig on the away coach to somewhere, (can't remember) and he said how dare I ask such a question!
Beggars belief really. I thought anyone who ploughs money into a good cause should be entitled to know where their money has been used!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 86
fleabag1970
March 29, 2016, 8:54pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: -1,244
Quoted from easypeersy
I asked who I believe is a Trust bigwig on the away coach to somewhere, (can't remember) and he said how dare I ask such a question!
Beggars belief really. I thought anyone who ploughs money into a good cause should be entitled to know where their money has been used!

How Very Dare You ask questions ............................................

]Remember its just my opinion  ..... It might not be true ............
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 86
KingstonMariner
March 29, 2016, 9:00pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from GrimRob
It's a budget boost. Trying to pinpoint where it went is meaningless, other by comparing this year's budget with last year's. It's like trying to work out what proportion of your taxes going on the NHS or on bombing Syria.

Having said that I'd rather have had a smaller squad of more highly paid players and forgotten about the FA Trophy. It seems some of our budget was spent on a large squad to fight on two fronts. Although we get money for getting to the FAT final I suspect we've also spent money on "lesser" players to help get us there.

HMRC helpfully give you a breakdown now on how your tax is split. Can't remember the split between health and defence - but I think it'd have been cheaper to subsidise the Russians for all the good our coalition has been at hitting ISIS.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 86
Davec
March 29, 2016, 9:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
Well no wonder we have fans in doubt when somebody asks a perfectly reasonable question to a member of the trust and the reply is "how dare you ask that question"

Some transparency will put peoples mind at rest

Trust members saying "how dare you ask that question" is obviously going to raise some doubts
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 86
KingstonMariner
March 29, 2016, 9:18pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.05
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Davec
Well no wonder we have fans in doubt when somebody asks a perfectly reasonable question to a member of the trust and the reply is "how dare you ask that question"

Some transparency will put peoples mind at rest

Trust members saying "how dare you ask that question" is obviously going to raise some doubts

So let's just check the 'facts' here.

Someone anonymous on a message board said they asked someone a question on a coach. The supposed questioner doesn't know who he/she asked and doesn't know whether the person questioned was actually someone in a position of knowledge or authority. And the supposed questioner doesn't even know when this was or where the coach was heading.

That's not testimony that will convict anyone is it?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 86
barralad
March 29, 2016, 9:19pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from easypeersy

You have a p.m.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 86
dapperz fun pub
March 29, 2016, 10:44pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +10,037
Gold Stars: 84
Forget private messaging get it in the open it then clears it up once and for all
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 86
lukeo
March 30, 2016, 6:26am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,398
Gold Stars: 149
I bought loads of excrement and donated to help my club out, aslong as someone didn't keep the cash themselves and it went to gtfc I don't care what it paid for I did it out of love for my team
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 86
Davec
March 30, 2016, 7:35am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,455
Gold Stars: 42
Agree with Dapperz, stuff the private messages, let's get it all out in the open then it can put peoples mind to rest then that can be the end of it and a thread like this won't be started again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 86
9 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 100k

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.