Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Only 10000 tickets sold!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 8 Guests

Only 10000 tickets sold!

This thread currently has 132,556 views. Print
50 Pages Prev ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... Next All Recommend Thread
GrimRob
May 13, 2015, 12:56pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
The problem is the Premier League is still ongoing when we play our final. I'd prefer the final being played at the home of the highest placed team as used in Conference North/South final.That would encourage more people to get season tickets and join the Trust to ensure they qualified for a ticket.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 370 - 492
Trawler
May 13, 2015, 1:05pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +33 / -4
Approval: +915
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from GrimRob
The problem is the Premier League is still ongoing when we play our final. I'd prefer the final being played at the home of the highest placed team as used in Conference North/South final.That would encourage more people to get season tickets and join the Trust to ensure they qualified for a ticket.

But that would massively restrict the number of fans at the final to the capacity of the highest placed club. And revenues would be curtailed accordingly.  And the visiting team would get hardly any tickets.
Not workable.

"Pound for pound, and class for class, the best football team I have seen in England since the war. In the league they were in they played football nobody else could play. Everything was measured, planned and perfected and you could not wish to see more entertaining football." Bill Shankly, Manager GTFC 1951-54
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 371 - 492
diehardmariner
May 13, 2015, 1:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,614
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from GrimRob

Large number of those grounds listed are Championship or below.

Private Message
Reply: 372 - 492
GrimRob
May 13, 2015, 1:21pm

Quoted from Trawler

But that would massively restrict the number of fans at the final to the capacity of the highest placed club. And revenues would be curtailed accordingly.  And the visiting team would get hardly any tickets.
Not workable.

Demand would drop hugely it it wasn't at Wembley. 2000 tickets would be plenty if we were away. It's fairer too that the highest placed team gets to play at home. I think given the Premier League grounds are all in use at the moment it's either Wembley or the stadium of one of the clubs.

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 373 - 492
cmackenzie4
May 13, 2015, 1:24pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.26
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Quoted from GrimRob

Some people like myself can't get a season ticket due to being a shift worker and working 3 Saturdays a month so how would that be fair Rob?

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 374 - 492
Pint of Mild Please Batchy
May 13, 2015, 1:25pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +15
I've just bought three tickets in block 224 in the Second Tier. O/S claims there are only 100 odd tickets left in the lower tier. Does this mean we have sold 16k?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 375 - 492
Jarmo.Is.God
May 13, 2015, 1:25pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
THE Mariners have now sold around 12,000 tickets for Sunday's Vanarama Conference Promotion Final.

Level 2 (Club Wembley tickets) have now been put online through Seetickets.

i expect just under 15k, which for a small town, is not bad at all
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 376 - 492
moosey_club
May 13, 2015, 1:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,252
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from diehardmariner

I asked the question of said pillock regarding the minutes of the AGM where the decision was at least discussed. Didn't get an answer but I managed to find in the Conference's 2014/15 Rules, under the Financial Rules section the following is stated:

3. Financial Rules relating to the Promotion Final Tie:

3.1 In the Promotion Final Tie where clubs sell match tickets on behalf of the Conference the proceeds of ticket sales shall be paid
to the Conference on a daily basis directly in to the Football Conference Limited, designated Bank Account.

Considering that is the rulebook for this season, the suggestion to me is that the clubs CAN sell their own tickets.  Absolutely no mention of See Tickets or any other rip-off merchant vendor having a monopoly on tickets.

Only a small word but enough to indicate there are other options for selling them.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 377 - 492
FishOutOfWater
May 13, 2015, 1:29pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from GrimRob

Demand would drop hugely it it wasn't at Wembley. 2000 tickets would be plenty if we were away. It's fairer too that the highest placed team gets to play at home. I think given the Premier League grounds are all in use at the moment it's either Wembley or the stadium of one of the clubs.

In any given week, don't forget to consider only 10 Premier teams are using their own grounds and given that their fixtures come out almost a year before the end of the season ( out June 2014 for games in May 2015) then it could surely be arranged so that when say Manure are on their travels (like the last day of this season at the Targers) Old Trafford would be free

Of course it might mean moving the Conf play off date about but what's new there? As I recall it, Wrexham v Newport took place on the early May Bank Holiday Monday a couple of years ago, the same weekend that we played Gateshead last season and Eastleigh this
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 378 - 492
GrimRob
May 13, 2015, 1:32pm

Quoted from cmackenzie4

Some people like myself can't get a season ticket due to being a shift worker and working 3 Saturdays a month so how would that be fair Rob?

I mean from a football point of view. The play-offs are a grossly unfair way to gain promotion. Every possible advantage should be given to the side which finished highest. In the US they give home-field advantage to the highest placed team. Likewise in Super League.

I'd rather it be played at Wembley though, don't get me wrong, but I think if we don't play it there we should just play at the home of one the clubs,

~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Reply: 379 - 492
50 Pages Prev ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Only 10000 tickets sold!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.