Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Only 10000 tickets sold!
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 7 Guests

Only 10000 tickets sold!

This thread currently has 132,557 views. Print
50 Pages Prev ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... Next All Recommend Thread
James77
May 12, 2015, 10:23pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +53
I was holding out for the middle tier £36 seats but cracked today and bought my tickets in the lower tier.

It seems we've sold c.12,000 so far. I think we need to shift c.16-17,000 tickets before tier 2 sales open up again. I hope that happens but it might not.

So rather than risk leaving it late and having a limited choice in the lower tier, I got 3 seats on row 44 (back row) lower tier. I'm happy with that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 360 - 492
KingstonMariner
May 13, 2015, 12:28am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Chrisblor

It's farcical considering in the 'executive' Bobby Moore seating area, Rovers and Town fans will be mixing in an area with unlimited complimentary wine and beer. Apparently it's fine to get totally drunk and sit next to opposing fans if you can afford £150 for a posh ticket, but if you just want to sit in the neutral area which has the best view in the stadium you're a danger to public safety.

Welcome to Britain mate. The land of fair play and equality before the law.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 361 - 492
Doubled
May 13, 2015, 8:36am
season ticket holder
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +43
My tickets are in Grimsby, according to the tracker!!
Just waiting for them to be delivered at home!
I am surprised nobody has took me up on my offer for a lift though!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 362 - 492
arryarryarry
May 13, 2015, 9:41am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.72
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,046
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from jaymariner

Same here! 115 oi oi!!!

According to some BR fans that is probably the entire contingent of Town fans on your post, I just hope we are jumping for joy at the end of the match.

Private Message
Reply: 363 - 492
diehardmariner
May 13, 2015, 10:14am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,624
Gold Stars: 539
What's really disappointing about the handling of this (and about a million other issues) by the Conference chiefs is that no-one is taking them up on it.  That pillock on Twitter is getting the fans frustrations and replies with the PR skills of a chimp but I very much doubt he's the one making decisions.

The Conference have an annual AGM, these are the issues that should have been raised and challenged there and then.  Surely to god a decision such as the one to only issue tickets via See Tickets was one that went to a members vote?  

I asked the question of said pillock regarding the minutes of the AGM where the decision was at least discussed. Didn't get an answer but I managed to find in the Conference's 2014/15 Rules, under the Financial Rules section the following is stated:

3. Financial Rules relating to the Promotion Final Tie:

3.1 In the Promotion Final Tie where clubs sell match tickets on behalf of the Conference the proceeds of ticket sales shall be paid
to the Conference on a daily basis directly in to the Football Conference Limited, designated Bank Account.

Considering that is the rulebook for this season, the suggestion to me is that the clubs CAN sell their own tickets.  Absolutely no mention of See Tickets or any other rip-off merchant vendor having a monopoly on tickets.
Private Message
Reply: 364 - 492
gtfc98
May 13, 2015, 10:20am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +45 / -21
Approval: +3,066
Gold Stars: 68
Quoted from diehardmariner
What's really disappointing about the handling of this (and about a million other issues) by the Conference chiefs is that no-one is taking them up on it.  That pillock on Twitter is getting the fans frustrations and replies with the PR skills of a chimp but I very much doubt he's the one making decisions.

The Conference have an annual AGM, these are the issues that should have been raised and challenged there and then.  Surely to god a decision such as the one to only issue tickets via See Tickets was one that went to a members vote?  

I asked the question of said pillock regarding the minutes of the AGM where the decision was at least discussed. Didn't get an answer but I managed to find in the Conference's 2014/15 Rules, under the Financial Rules section the following is stated:

3.1 In the Promotion Final Tie where clubs sell match tickets on behalf of the Conference the proceeds of ticket sales shall be paid
to the Conference on a daily basis directly in to the Football Conference Limited, designated Bank Account.

Considering that is the rulebook for this season, the suggestion to me is that the clubs CAN sell their own tickets.  Absolutely no mention of See Tickets or any other rip-off merchant vendor having a monopoly on tickets.

The guy who runs their twitter page is a tool. Get's aggressive and blocks fans if they don't agree with him so then you can't challenge him further!

No longer Sick of the BlueSquare  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 365 - 492
BIGChris
May 13, 2015, 10:23am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from diehardmariner

When we first got relegated I was told that the Conference had something like 3 employees. That isnt just the Conference Premier  but includes North & south! These included a secretary!

Hardly surprising that it is seen as timpot if that is the level of investment
Private Message
Reply: 366 - 492
cmackenzie4
May 13, 2015, 10:31am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.26
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Really hope Sunday's game is the last time we compete in the conference and that we have to never to return!

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 367 - 492
Doubled
May 13, 2015, 11:00am
season ticket holder
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +43
Tickets here!!!
Now I find out I could buy them on the gate, what a farce!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 368 - 492
diehardmariner
May 13, 2015, 12:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,624
Gold Stars: 539
Quoted from BIGChris

When we first got relegated I was told that the Conference had something like 3 employees. That isnt just the Conference Premier  but includes North & south! These included a secretary!

Hardly surprising that it is seen as timpot if that is the level of investment

To be honest that doesn't surprise.  

3, 300 or 3,000 employees they should be able to address the basic issues.

It's easy for me to say I don't think this final should be played at Wembley.  I follow a club who have been twice in the last 7 years and our relative size/strength in leagues from League One downwards means we'll always be in with a chance thanks to the fact that every bloody egg and spoon race is played there these days.  I think it's great when clubs get their chance to play at Wembley as seeing your club run out there for the first time is really something to treasure, but A) it's devaluing the magic, B) it looks crap when the stadium is half empty and you're rattling about and C) it just is not financially viable now.

Conference Play Off Final attendances since it has been played at Wembley.
2014     Cambridge     Gateshead     19613
2013     Newport     Wrexham     16346
2012     Luton      York     39265
2011     AFC Wimbledon     Luton     18119
2010     Oxford      York     42669
2009     Cambridge     Torquay     35089
2008     Cambridge     Exeter     42511
2007     Exeter     Morecambe     40043

Less than 20,000 in the last two years.  Even the higher gates would all fit into 7 club stadiums (Old Trafford, Emirates, St James' Park, Stadium of Light, Anfield and Villa Park). Just short of the maximum 2010 turn-out but well ahead of the average of 31,707 are Stamford Bridge, Goodison Park, Hillsborough, Elland Road, White Hart Lane, Upton Park, Riverside, Pride Park, Cardiff City Stadium, Bramall Lane, St Mary's, King Power and Ricoh.  Molineux is 7 short.

Within that list you've got an absolute shed load of options.  Fair enough places like St Mary's and St James' are too far either way in terms of geography but either Manchester stadium would be perfect.  If there's the need for it to be central Villa Park would be absolutely perfect.  

Even this year with the two highest supported clubs in the league in the final, they're going to be over the Villa Park capacity would still comfortably fit in Old Trafford.  

Not rocket science is it?

Don't even get me started on the FA Vase.
Private Message
Reply: 369 - 492
50 Pages Prev ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Classic Threads › Only 10000 tickets sold!

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.