6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
itsnotcoditshaddock
November 24, 2011, 10:04am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / -3
Approval: +312
Quoted from aldi_01
Eagle may look ordinary but is that because we don't play to his strengths, top assist and second top scorer last year would suggests he can play a bit...better than flipping Makofo.

This.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 55
TAGG
November 24, 2011, 3:05pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,941
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from Super Clive

What would you class artus as then? He's not a tough tackler is he? he's not a box to box is he? He's a silky skillful footballer who wants to play a pass look for space, you said the managers don't like a footballer but they do cos they signed the players I mentioned...

I would class him as being excrement in all aspects of the game.

Hope thats cleared that one up for ye  

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 55
Super Clive
November 24, 2011, 4:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Quoted from TAGG

I would class him as being excrement in all aspects of the game.

Hope thats cleared that one up for ye  

He may well be shite but the point i was making is the type of player he is........ going back to your oringnal question you said scott and hurst don't like footballers, Artus is a footballer ok a not a very good one on what i have seen but he has a football brain like eagle, he's not a hoof man is he? he's not a tough tackler he's not a box to box player ? hes not a poacher, he's a ball player a creative player.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 55
forza ivano
November 24, 2011, 4:45pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,301
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from Super Clive

He may well be shite but the point i was making is the type of player he is........ going back to your oringnal question you said scott and hurst don't like footballers, Artus is a footballer ok a not a very good one on what i have seen but he has a football brain like eagle, he's not a hoof man is he? he's not a tough tackler he's not a box to box player ? hes not a poacher, he's a ball player a creative player.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

he is a bit like eagle - both would have looked good at championship level, where they both started, but neither are quite good enough for that level. the trouble is that the 3 leagues below championship are all harum-scarum ,up and at em, hard tackling, hard running leagues which don't suit their games. bsp north/south is probably the level where their undoubted talents would shine, when they've got abit more time and space - look at the reports on how good boshell is at guiseley for another comparison
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 55
Garth
November 24, 2011, 4:45pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.91
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from Super Clive

What would you class artus as then? He's not a tough tackler is he? he's not a box to box is he? He's a silky skillful footballer who wants to play a pass look for space, you said the managers don't like a footballer but they do cos they signed the players I mentioned...

A good midfield destroyer, start a good move and watch him destroy it, --------------in my humble opinion of course
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 55
arryarryarry
November 24, 2011, 4:50pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,046
Gold Stars: 117
Not sure what all this about Eagle being clever and having a brain, if any of you had met him you would realise he hasn't got two brain cells to rub together.
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 55
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Eagle

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.