Private Message
gobby
November 23, 2011, 4:12pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +776
Gold Stars: 7
Not a good move in my opinion as Mokofo is not the finished article and his game will waiver again and we will be shouting for Eagle. Unless Green or Townsend are going to be considered in that berth!
UTMM

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 55
Super Clive
November 23, 2011, 4:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Shame one of our most brainy players my first thought is we have green and serge left wing now, also the managers are looking to bring in one more
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 55
November 23, 2011, 4:16pm
Guest User
Not sure about this one , he will probably start and get game experience but i think we need him here , thought he had a really good game against Newport . Alfreton are turning into our feeder club   UTM
Reply: 3 - 55
wigworld
November 23, 2011, 4:19pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +32 / -3
Approval: +2,080
Gold Stars: 29
Depends on the terms. If we can recall him at any time (and we have Green on the bench), then it would be good for him to get some playing time. Will Alfreton be paying his wages?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 55
RoboCod
November 23, 2011, 4:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.90
Rep Score: +70 / -19
Approval: +7,505
Good move for me. Fed up of hearing calls for Eagle to play, then when he gets a chance he looks beyond ordinary. Went downhill late second half of last season and hasn't recovered. He'll need to work hard to stay in the game at anything above BSN level imo.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 55
upthestripes
November 23, 2011, 4:26pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Eagle and Connel were my favourite players last year. This year he's not really been given much of a chance, though the managers defo see something in him or they wouldn't have kept him here.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 55
Dan
November 23, 2011, 4:28pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +36 / -17
Approval: +551
Agreed, he linked up well with Connell (as did Coulson). Since he left, neither winger has performed as well.

That said, I still think he's one of our best players, so a bit of a waffy decision.

Quoted from John Fenty, April 2013
I deconstructed the flag to the point where it was safe and couldn’t be considered a danger
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 55
ticker_1610
November 23, 2011, 4:31pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.59
Rep Score: +32 / -6
He can't beat a man, his delivery from set pieces are gash, can't cross on the run, but can stop play as he ain't got no pace on the counter attack but he can drift inside and pass with the occasional goal from inside left position. Rather have a pacey player and one that can track back or deliver a good cross! Green or Townsend ??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 55
fulham gy
November 23, 2011, 4:42pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
I don't think there are any star performers in this team, but did feel Eagle was good enough to be in the squad particulary when the due change the formation so frequently, which was evident on Sat when he came on after 20 mins. For me he should of stayed. Seems to me that the managers have some longer term targets in their sights in Jan which could mean a few are on their way out for good!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 55
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Eagle

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.