Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Should Mr Fenty return as Chairman?
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 113 Guests

Should Mr Fenty return as Chairman?

This thread currently has 3,270 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
davmariner
November 6, 2011, 10:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,962
Gold Stars: 79
We've had people criticising, slating or backing John Fenty; he's seeking re-election but should he return as chairman, yes or no? The poll will show the general feeling of the messageboard instead of the those who shout the loudest.

Vote and discuss.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
80sglory
November 6, 2011, 10:24pm
Guest User
Hmmm, I will vote no but that doesn't mean I don't want him to financially support the club.
Reply: 1 - 46
Ipswin
November 6, 2011, 10:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
No no 1000 times no in fact I wish there was a way he could be defeated in his bid to be re-elected as a director

Even if he does not return as chairman he will, in my opinion, still carry so much weight, even as just a board member, that he will in effect still be making the decisions and we can all see  from both the league and financial position of the club where decisions made when he was chairman have put the club

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 46
davmariner
November 6, 2011, 10:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,962
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from 1600
Hmmm, I will vote no but that doesn't mean I don't want him to financially support the club.

Thing is though 80s; is that I don't think he'd only prop up the club unless he possessed 51% and was chairman, and I suppose it begs the question of why should he? Given what's happen with Mike Parker I think this would probably suggest this.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 46
barralad
November 6, 2011, 10:32pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from 1600

The very best example of wanting your cake and eating it I've ever heard/seen.

So really it's "Go away John-we don't want you but if you wouldn't mind leaving us the P.I.N. number to your bank account..."

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 46
BIGChris
November 6, 2011, 10:47pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
If you dont want JF to back the club financially can you please come up with a viable alternative?

I would love somebody, or a group of people, to come forward who are willing to back the club financially. I am just not aware of anyone with the level of money required.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 46
Ipswin
November 6, 2011, 10:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from BIGChris
If you dont want JF to back the club financially can you please come up with a viable alternative?

I would love somebody, or a group of people, to come forward who are willing to back the club financially. I am just not aware of anyone with the level of money required.

I could have sworn Fenty said a few weeks ago, at the time of the hissy fit business with Parker, that he wasn't going to put any more money in anyway (I hope I'm not 'liabling' him here, if so sorry John my genuine mistake)

Are you saying that he will only support the club financially if he's chairman? (or are you liabling him)

Private Message
Reply: 6 - 46
80sglory
November 6, 2011, 11:00pm
Guest User
Quoted from davmariner

Thing is though 80s; is that I don't think he'd only prop up the club unless he possessed 51% and was chairman, and I suppose it begs the question of why should he? Given what's happen with Mike Parker I think this would probably suggest this.

See what you mean.

Well...

1) If you're right then has he got 51% and if not, where would he get the rest ?

2) Your question - why should he ?

In my opinion, there's a case his time as chairman hasn't been a roaring success so it might be an idea to consider someone else for the role in the best interests of Grimsby Town football club ?

But yeah, I see what you're saying.
Maybe it boils down to whether you think Mike Parker would step in if Fenty decided not to fund the club ?
Obviously I don't know but given MP said something like JF should make his future intentions clear then I wouldn't rule it out.

Quoted from barralad

The very best example of wanting your cake and eating it I've ever heard/seen.

So really it's "Go away John-we don't want you but if you wouldn't mind leaving us the P.I.N. number to your bank account..."

It's no different as a situation to the one we have right now ?
And wouldn't it be fair to say JF effectively created the situation himself when he resigned ?

So what are you saying, the current situation is unacceptable ? I didn't hear you objecting much before ?

Also, bear in mind
- Not every major investor has been chairman (or even in the boardroom)
- It should be about having the "right man for the job" ?
Reply: 7 - 46
80sglory
November 6, 2011, 11:15pm
Guest User
Quoted from Ipswin

I could have sworn Fenty said a few weeks ago, at the time of the hissy fit business with Parker, that he wasn't going to put any more money in anyway (I hope I'm not 'liabling' him here, if so sorry John my genuine mistake)

Was he talking about meeting the LOSSES ?

Reply: 8 - 46
Ipswin
November 6, 2011, 11:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from 1600

Was he talking about meeting the LOSSES ?

Meeting the losses / putting more money in, doesn't it amount to the same thing?

The losses are going to continue to pile up that's for sure unless we get a chairman who can put forward some positive plan for the future that includes cutting our cloth and living within a budget. I for one don't have the confidence that John Fenty can or will do that

Private Message
Reply: 9 - 46
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Should Mr Fenty return as Chairman?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.