Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Should Mr Fenty return as Chairman?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 127 Guests

Should Mr Fenty return as Chairman?

This thread currently has 3,267 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
80sglory
November 6, 2011, 11:33pm
Guest User
Quoted from Ipswin

Meeting the losses / putting more money in, doesn't it amount to the same thing?

The losses are going to continue to pile up that's for sure unless we get a chairman who can put forward some positive plan for the future that includes cutting our cloth and living within a budget.

Maybe that's the plan for the future and the losses won't pile up but who knows.

To be honest, I've reached the point that I'm almost past caring what happens either way.
But obviously I do care because I'm still supporting Town.

But if Fenty wants the chair then so be it, I don't particularly give a toss about the boardroom politics anymore.
Reply: 10 - 46
Claudius Tiberius Smith
November 6, 2011, 11:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +3
Don't know if he should or not, but by now he must be getting used to sleeping at night & lower stress & blood pressure levels.

Proud to be a Pleb!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 46
GollyGTFC
November 7, 2011, 10:15am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,039
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from Ipswin
No no 1000 times no in fact I wish there was a way he could be defeated in his bid to be re-elected as a director

Even if he does not return as chairman he will, in my opinion, still carry so much weight, even as just a board member, that he will in effect still be making the decisions and we can all see  from both the league and financial position of the club where decisions made when he was chairman have put the club

There is. Mike Parker and the GTST have over 50% between them and could do it.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 46
Ipswin
November 7, 2011, 10:24am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from GollyGTFC

There is. Mike Parker and the GTST have over 50% between them and could do it.

GTST? Really Golly     Hardly the world's most dynamic call a spade a f*cking shovel organisation, scared shitless of Fenty in my opinion and so totally unused to having any clout that they won't know what the f*ck to do with it now they've got it

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 46
grimsby pete
November 7, 2011, 10:26am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,833
Gold Stars: 222
I voted yes because I can not think of anybody who wants the job,

For the ones voted no, who do you think would take over ?

As Fenty has said, " since he resigned the club has been up for sale and nobody has shown any interest"

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 46
80sglory
November 7, 2011, 10:35am
Guest User
Quoted from grimsby pete

Fenty.  

Thing is, if he resigned because majority shareholding was outside the boardroom, then what will change if he returns ?

Reply: 15 - 46
MuddyWaters
November 7, 2011, 10:47am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from grimsby pete
I voted yes because I can not think of anybody who wants the job,

As Fenty has said, " since he resigned the club has been up for sale and nobody has shown any interest"

Hypothetical question Pete, but if you had a business brain & £10 million burning a hole in your back pocket, would you invest it in GTFC based on the accounts that were released last week?

Goes back to what I've said previously, there is nothing in any planning that gives anybody anything to invest in, whether it be their time, their support, their money or even their enthusiasm.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 46
davmariner
November 7, 2011, 11:11am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,960
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Hypothetical question Pete, but if you had a business brain & £10 million burning a hole in your back pocket, would you invest it in GTFC based on the accounts that were released last week?

Goes back to what I've said previously, there is nothing in any planning that gives anybody anything to invest in, whether it be their time, their support, their money or even their enthusiasm.

I think that most owners aren't looking to return a profit from the ''business'' for themselves, I'd imagine that an owner of the club would strive to make the club self-sufficient. I'd have thought most of the people that invest in lower league are fans as well as being rich.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 46
GrimRob
November 7, 2011, 12:37pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,442
Gold Stars: 113
It's a no brainer. Of course he should. There is no knight is shining armour who will rescue us, nice as it would be to have some fresh ideas.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 18 - 46
grimsby pete
November 7, 2011, 1:23pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,833
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I do not have a bussiness brain,

BUT

If I won £10million ,I would just sit on it and live off the interest.

I would have an executive box at the Park though.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Should Mr Fenty return as Chairman?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.