Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Should Mr Fenty return as Chairman?
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense and 137 Guests

Should Mr Fenty return as Chairman?

This thread currently has 3,268 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
FishOutOfWater
November 7, 2011, 8:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,577
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Quagmire
With hindsight we probably wouldn't have appointed any of the managers we have in the last 10 years or so with probably the exception of Slade  

Maybe I'm hard to please but the appointments of Law, Slade, Rodger, Buckley III and Woods didn't really fill me with a great deal of optimism.

Fair enough Slade did better than I was expecting in his second season but he threw away our chances of promotion during that run in.  

Woods' 25 game winless run pretty much cost us our league status and whilst he was doing 'ok' last season we (in my opinion) shouldn't have been playing at that level had the club appointed someone more suitable to getting us out of the mess we were in in League Two.

Rodger was a dreadful appointment and was pretty much universally met with groans of discontent, and he only lasted a few months.

At least with Roger in charge we were never in the relegation zone....imho he was on a hiding to nothing following Slade and having to build a team to follow the promotion challenge we'd had previously
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 40 - 46
Rodley Mariner
November 7, 2011, 8:25pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Tinymariner
Im going to buy a car, put petrol in it, Insure and tax it, pay for the servicing and get any little niggle fixed too, but I wont drive it.
Does anybody want to drive it around for me?
No one can be expected to hand over their money (millions) to GTFC and not be expected to help run the club. Also, beggers can be choosers and we have no other choice than JF at the minute. UTMM  

I've got a car and I've completely copulated it up. I would have a go at fixing it myself but I've tried before and I've just copulated it up even more, in fact I've made it abundantly clear that I am incapable of fixing the car. This time I might pay someone who knows what they're doing to fix it for me otherwise it'll end up terminally copulated.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 46
My cats dreams
November 7, 2011, 8:43pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
To many fixing cars in this forum i prefer to lay underneath them

Dogs are smelly creatures full of there own importance
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 46
lew chaterleys lover
November 7, 2011, 8:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,747
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Tinymariner
Im going to buy a car, put petrol in it, Insure and tax it, pay for the servicing and get any little niggle fixed too, but I wont drive it.
Does anybody want to drive it around for me?
No one can be expected to hand over their money (millions) to GTFC and not be expected to help run the club. Also, beggers can be choosers and we have no other choice than JF at the minute. UTMM  

Therein lies one of the problems.

JF has got the money,but not it seems the ability to run the club successfully.

Therefore we have to have a club going nowhere/backwards because the owner has to do it his way.

A better idea as I have said in an earlier post, is for him to look for a top notch employee to run the club for him from top to bottom and,if thats what he wants,to take the praise when it starts to turn around.

Mr.Fenty trying to run the club,including fixing the roof and changing the light bulbs will just not work (as proven over the last few years)

Surely,surely he can see in his heart of hearts that he cannot continue to do everything just the same and expect a different result?    
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 46
Tinymariner
November 7, 2011, 9:46pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

I've got a car and I've completely copulated it up. I would have a go at fixing it myself but I've tried before and I've just copulated it up even more, in fact I've made it abundantly clear that I am incapable of fixing the car. This time I might pay someone who knows what they're doing to fix it for me otherwise it'll end up terminally copulated.

I forgot to mention that I can't drive a car and I'm not a qualified mechanic either.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 46
headingly_mariner
November 7, 2011, 9:59pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
He should drop the debt and clear off!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 46
paddymariners
November 7, 2011, 10:26pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

At least with Roger in charge we were never in the relegation zone....imho he was on a hiding to nothing following Slade and having to build a team to follow the promotion challenge we'd had previously

Rodger had NONE of the credentials required to be a manager of a kindergarten, let alone a football club. That was obvious from the start and became even more obvious towards the end. Sacking him was one decision that Fenty did get right.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Should Mr Fenty return as Chairman?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.