Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Should Mr Fenty return as Chairman?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 145 Guests

Should Mr Fenty return as Chairman?

This thread currently has 3,269 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
lew chaterleys lover
November 7, 2011, 4:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,747
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from GrimRob
It's a no brainer. Of course he should. There is no knight is shining armour who will rescue us, nice as it would be to have some fresh ideas.

Do you think hes been a knight in shining armour thus far then?

If he goes,we cut our cloth accordingly.Build from the bottom-assuming we are at the bottom.

If he stays we have a multi millionaire chairman who has managed to take us into oblivion and who shows absolutely no idea how to get us out of the mess.Weve gone to the dogs under a chairman with lots of money - so what is the advantage of having a rich chairman?Had he financed "a Crawley" I could understand it,but he has financed a worse team year on year.

Its a no brainer for me as I just cannot see us going forward with him involved,on the proviso that he doesnt have a wild card waiting to be pulled out.

Private Message
Reply: 30 - 46
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 7, 2011, 5:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,949
Gold Stars: 180
well, surely its the 'managers' that highlight the players that are wanted and indeed step over the line on a saturday afternoon.
so, that berefts the question as to wether the right people have been appointed. with hind-sight, it is easy for us all to say no they havent.

but, i remember being at cheltenham with about 1500(? others on a nice sunny day in 2009, thinking we now had the right man in place to take us back up the league. that season ended with a grimsby town legend in charge taking us to our lowest ever eb. does that mean that bodget and scarper are the right people, imho of what i have seen so far, it doesnt seem so. but, they have an amazing record at non league level, so i am hoping they will be.

if not, well, there could be a winter of discontent on the horizon

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 46
Quagmire
November 7, 2011, 6:49pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +932
Gold Stars: 43

Do you think hes been a knight in shining armour thus far then?

If he goes,we cut our cloth accordingly.Build from the bottom-assuming we are at the bottom.

If he stays we have a multi millionaire chairman who has managed to take us into oblivion and who shows absolutely no idea how to get us out of the mess.Weve gone to the dogs under a chairman with lots of money - so what is the advantage of having a rich chairman?Had he financed "a Crawley" I could understand it,but he has financed a worse team year on year.

Its a no brainer for me as I just cannot see us going forward with him involved,on the proviso that he doesnt have a wild card waiting to be pulled out.

Absolutely spot on post.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 46
upthestripes
November 7, 2011, 6:53pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
with hind-sight, it is easy for us all to say no they havent.

Absolutely right. urine easy for everyone to say they were poor decisions after-the-fact.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 46
Quagmire
November 7, 2011, 7:05pm

Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from upthestripes

Absolutely right. urine easy for everyone to say they were poor decisions after-the-fact.

With the exception of Newell pretty much all of the Fenty appointments have garnered little support amongst the fans.

Nicky Law, Slade, Rodger, Woods, Buckley III to a certain extent all had minimal support other than the usual "let's get behind him" kind of thing.

I hardly think you needed a great deal of hindsight re Rodger and Woods in terms of how successful they were likely to be.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 46
upthestripes
November 7, 2011, 7:21pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from Quagmire

With the exception of Newell pretty much all of the Fenty appointments have garnered little support amongst the fans.

Nicky Law, Slade, Rodger, Woods, Buckley III to a certain extent all had minimal support other than the usual "let's get behind him" kind of thing.

I hardly think you needed a great deal of hindsight re Rodger and Woods in terms of how successful they were likely to be.

Fair enough, but Woods would never have been appointed if Newell had done what we'd all expected from him, and can you really say that Slade was a bad appointment? Also personally I thought Woods was doing ok before he was sacked.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 46
Tinymariner
November 7, 2011, 7:31pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
Im going to buy a car, put petrol in it, Insure and tax it, pay for the servicing and get any little niggle fixed too, but I wont drive it.
Does anybody want to drive it around for me?
No one can be expected to hand over their money (millions) to GTFC and not be expected to help run the club. Also, beggers can be choosers and we have no other choice than JF at the minute. UTMM  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 46
lew chaterleys lover
November 7, 2011, 7:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,747
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from upthestripes

How else would we know they were poor decisions until after a passage of time?

We are fans,just everyday fans who have absolutely no say in how the club is run.

The Board is,or should be,in possession of all the relevant facts,background checks,a coherent plan,a vision for the club before making appointments.

I think the critical thing above all others though is that the Club itself is a mess;this has hampered all the managers.I just dont think the foundations for a successful club have been laid,apart from our good name and historical standing which obviously pre - date the current regime.

Lots of smaller clubs have overtaken us and that itself tells a story.No vision or sense of purpose results in tottering from one disaster to another,whether on the PR front,players not wanting to be here or managers appointed with little or no chance of success.

I couldn't be chairman,even if I was loaded.I am not clever enough,nor do I possess the relevant business skills.What I would do though is employ somebody to shake the club up from top to bottom,to work with the manager(s) to get the whole club working together in a professional manner.

We will either wake from our slumbers by a) getting a winning team together and hope that is the catalyst to get the club to act like it should or b) have a plan with good people implementing it to drag us back to being the pride of the local community.

My business dealings have taken me to see the inner workings of both Scunny and Hull and it is a real eye opener I can tell you.

We are light years behind both in how they present themselves to the public.

We simply have not caught up with the fact that it is the 21st century.I guess all the eggs were in the new stadium basket,but if that is not to come to fruition then we have to bite the bullet and start from now to turn the club around from the BP headquarters.

Things for Fenty to consider - get someone to RUN the club on his behalf,clean up BP and while your at it mend the Osmond stand clock - its  been showing twenty past nine for the last 6 months!!  
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 46
Quagmire
November 7, 2011, 7:35pm

Table Wine Drinker
With hindsight we probably wouldn't have appointed any of the managers we have in the last 10 years or so with probably the exception of Slade  

Maybe I'm hard to please but the appointments of Law, Slade, Rodger, Buckley III and Woods didn't really fill me with a great deal of optimism.

Fair enough Slade did better than I was expecting in his second season but he threw away our chances of promotion during that run in.  

Woods' 25 game winless run pretty much cost us our league status and whilst he was doing 'ok' last season we (in my opinion) shouldn't have been playing at that level had the club appointed someone more suitable to getting us out of the mess we were in in League Two.

Rodger was a dreadful appointment and was pretty much universally met with groans of discontent, and he only lasted a few months.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 46
cleeimp
November 7, 2011, 7:51pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Quoted from Garth

I feel the same and have never changed my tune, better the devil you know than others you don`t, those who threw their garlands at Mike Parker would I assume be a little disapointed now

I think that he should be given a chance because he is the only one who as intrest in the club I got this email off him after I sent him one.
Richard,

Thank you for your very kind support, it is very much appreciated.

The club will post is finances for 2010/11 season tomorrow which do not make good reading and within the report it notes that I am standing for re-election as it is my turn by rotation.

Control sits outside the board room and therefore I cannot be certain to retain my directorship.

If I get sufficient votes then I assure you that I will do my best for the club and hope that football fortune can follow.

Best

John Fenty

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cleefish
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Should Mr Fenty return as Chairman?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.