Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Should Mr Fenty return as Chairman?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 183 Guests

Should Mr Fenty return as Chairman?

This thread currently has 3,272 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
davmariner
November 6, 2011, 10:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -11
Approval: +4,962
Gold Stars: 79
We've had people criticising, slating or backing John Fenty; he's seeking re-election but should he return as chairman, yes or no? The poll will show the general feeling of the messageboard instead of the those who shout the loudest.

Vote and discuss.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
80sglory
November 6, 2011, 10:24pm
Guest User
Hmmm, I will vote no but that doesn't mean I don't want him to financially support the club.
Reply: 1 - 46
Ipswin
November 6, 2011, 10:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
No no 1000 times no in fact I wish there was a way he could be defeated in his bid to be re-elected as a director

Even if he does not return as chairman he will, in my opinion, still carry so much weight, even as just a board member, that he will in effect still be making the decisions and we can all see  from both the league and financial position of the club where decisions made when he was chairman have put the club

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 46
davmariner
November 6, 2011, 10:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from 1600
Hmmm, I will vote no but that doesn't mean I don't want him to financially support the club.

Thing is though 80s; is that I don't think he'd only prop up the club unless he possessed 51% and was chairman, and I suppose it begs the question of why should he? Given what's happen with Mike Parker I think this would probably suggest this.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 46
barralad
November 6, 2011, 10:32pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,299
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from 1600

The very best example of wanting your cake and eating it I've ever heard/seen.

So really it's "Go away John-we don't want you but if you wouldn't mind leaving us the P.I.N. number to your bank account..."

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 46
BIGChris
November 6, 2011, 10:47pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.97
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
If you dont want JF to back the club financially can you please come up with a viable alternative?

I would love somebody, or a group of people, to come forward who are willing to back the club financially. I am just not aware of anyone with the level of money required.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 46
Ipswin
November 6, 2011, 10:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from BIGChris
If you dont want JF to back the club financially can you please come up with a viable alternative?

I would love somebody, or a group of people, to come forward who are willing to back the club financially. I am just not aware of anyone with the level of money required.

I could have sworn Fenty said a few weeks ago, at the time of the hissy fit business with Parker, that he wasn't going to put any more money in anyway (I hope I'm not 'liabling' him here, if so sorry John my genuine mistake)

Are you saying that he will only support the club financially if he's chairman? (or are you liabling him)

Private Message
Reply: 6 - 46
80sglory
November 6, 2011, 11:00pm
Guest User
Quoted from davmariner

Thing is though 80s; is that I don't think he'd only prop up the club unless he possessed 51% and was chairman, and I suppose it begs the question of why should he? Given what's happen with Mike Parker I think this would probably suggest this.

See what you mean.

Well...

1) If you're right then has he got 51% and if not, where would he get the rest ?

2) Your question - why should he ?

In my opinion, there's a case his time as chairman hasn't been a roaring success so it might be an idea to consider someone else for the role in the best interests of Grimsby Town football club ?

But yeah, I see what you're saying.
Maybe it boils down to whether you think Mike Parker would step in if Fenty decided not to fund the club ?
Obviously I don't know but given MP said something like JF should make his future intentions clear then I wouldn't rule it out.

Quoted from barralad

The very best example of wanting your cake and eating it I've ever heard/seen.

So really it's "Go away John-we don't want you but if you wouldn't mind leaving us the P.I.N. number to your bank account..."

It's no different as a situation to the one we have right now ?
And wouldn't it be fair to say JF effectively created the situation himself when he resigned ?

So what are you saying, the current situation is unacceptable ? I didn't hear you objecting much before ?

Also, bear in mind
- Not every major investor has been chairman (or even in the boardroom)
- It should be about having the "right man for the job" ?
Reply: 7 - 46
80sglory
November 6, 2011, 11:15pm
Guest User
Quoted from Ipswin

I could have sworn Fenty said a few weeks ago, at the time of the hissy fit business with Parker, that he wasn't going to put any more money in anyway (I hope I'm not 'liabling' him here, if so sorry John my genuine mistake)

Was he talking about meeting the LOSSES ?

Reply: 8 - 46
Ipswin
November 6, 2011, 11:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from 1600

Was he talking about meeting the LOSSES ?

Meeting the losses / putting more money in, doesn't it amount to the same thing?

The losses are going to continue to pile up that's for sure unless we get a chairman who can put forward some positive plan for the future that includes cutting our cloth and living within a budget. I for one don't have the confidence that John Fenty can or will do that

Private Message
Reply: 9 - 46
80sglory
November 6, 2011, 11:33pm
Guest User
Quoted from Ipswin

Meeting the losses / putting more money in, doesn't it amount to the same thing?

The losses are going to continue to pile up that's for sure unless we get a chairman who can put forward some positive plan for the future that includes cutting our cloth and living within a budget.

Maybe that's the plan for the future and the losses won't pile up but who knows.

To be honest, I've reached the point that I'm almost past caring what happens either way.
But obviously I do care because I'm still supporting Town.

But if Fenty wants the chair then so be it, I don't particularly give a toss about the boardroom politics anymore.
Reply: 10 - 46
Claudius Tiberius Smith
November 6, 2011, 11:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +3
Don't know if he should or not, but by now he must be getting used to sleeping at night & lower stress & blood pressure levels.

Proud to be a Pleb!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 46
GollyGTFC
November 7, 2011, 10:15am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,038
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from Ipswin
No no 1000 times no in fact I wish there was a way he could be defeated in his bid to be re-elected as a director

Even if he does not return as chairman he will, in my opinion, still carry so much weight, even as just a board member, that he will in effect still be making the decisions and we can all see  from both the league and financial position of the club where decisions made when he was chairman have put the club

There is. Mike Parker and the GTST have over 50% between them and could do it.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 46
Ipswin
November 7, 2011, 10:24am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from GollyGTFC

There is. Mike Parker and the GTST have over 50% between them and could do it.

GTST? Really Golly     Hardly the world's most dynamic call a spade a f*cking shovel organisation, scared shitless of Fenty in my opinion and so totally unused to having any clout that they won't know what the f*ck to do with it now they've got it

Private Message
Reply: 13 - 46
grimsby pete
November 7, 2011, 10:26am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,832
Gold Stars: 222
I voted yes because I can not think of anybody who wants the job,

For the ones voted no, who do you think would take over ?

As Fenty has said, " since he resigned the club has been up for sale and nobody has shown any interest"

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 46
80sglory
November 7, 2011, 10:35am
Guest User
Quoted from grimsby pete

Fenty.  

Thing is, if he resigned because majority shareholding was outside the boardroom, then what will change if he returns ?

Reply: 15 - 46
MuddyWaters
November 7, 2011, 10:47am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,276
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from grimsby pete
I voted yes because I can not think of anybody who wants the job,

As Fenty has said, " since he resigned the club has been up for sale and nobody has shown any interest"

Hypothetical question Pete, but if you had a business brain & £10 million burning a hole in your back pocket, would you invest it in GTFC based on the accounts that were released last week?

Goes back to what I've said previously, there is nothing in any planning that gives anybody anything to invest in, whether it be their time, their support, their money or even their enthusiasm.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 46
davmariner
November 7, 2011, 11:11am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Hypothetical question Pete, but if you had a business brain & £10 million burning a hole in your back pocket, would you invest it in GTFC based on the accounts that were released last week?

Goes back to what I've said previously, there is nothing in any planning that gives anybody anything to invest in, whether it be their time, their support, their money or even their enthusiasm.

I think that most owners aren't looking to return a profit from the ''business'' for themselves, I'd imagine that an owner of the club would strive to make the club self-sufficient. I'd have thought most of the people that invest in lower league are fans as well as being rich.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 46
GrimRob
November 7, 2011, 12:37pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,444
Gold Stars: 114
It's a no brainer. Of course he should. There is no knight is shining armour who will rescue us, nice as it would be to have some fresh ideas.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 18 - 46
grimsby pete
November 7, 2011, 1:23pm

Exile
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I do not have a bussiness brain,

BUT

If I won £10million ,I would just sit on it and live off the interest.

I would have an executive box at the Park though.

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 46
grimsby pete
November 7, 2011, 1:25pm

Exile
I am not a very good speller either  

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 46
Super Clive
November 7, 2011, 1:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Surprizing results so far imo.

Although the fishy doesn't represent the whole fan base its seems they are voting for his money rather than fenty himself, is that wrong ?

Or just the world we live in nowadays?
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 46
psgmariner
November 7, 2011, 1:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Super Clive
Surprizing results so far imo.

Although the fishy doesn't represent the whole fan base its seems they are voting for his money rather than fenty himself, is that wrong ?

Or just the world we live in nowadays?

Of course. His money is the be all and end all. If he stops being Chairman and stops meeting our losses then in all probability GTFC will cease to exist.

Like him or loathe him he is currently the only person standing between GTFC and liquidation.

Private Message
Reply: 22 - 46
AdamHaddock
November 7, 2011, 1:55pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,846
Gold Stars: 26
My preference would be that he buys the club (just for the sake of securing it's future) but then takes a hands off role and appoints a board of hard headed business people who won't make ridiculous decisions or embarrasing press releases.

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 46
GollyGTFC
November 7, 2011, 2:25pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,038
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from psgmariner

Of course. His money is the be all and end all. If he stops being Chairman and stops meeting our losses then in all probability GTFC will cease to exist.

Like him or loathe him he is currently the only person standing between GTFC and liquidation.

He meets the losses because he has run the club at a huge loss. The club would be healthier on and off the pitch if we lived within our means.

And all these "there is nobody else out there" merchants are basing this on? How do you know this to be true?

I agree, no one in there right mind would get involved now- £2.6m in debt and having to buy £900,000+ in shares to become majority owner. £3.5m to buy a club and clear the debt and that's before further losses already accrued this season and further losses whilst the new man gets the business in order are taken into account.

The club will be healthier if Fenty cancelled his debt and removed the threat that it poses to Blundell Park. Fenty's reign was disaster after disaster and brought shame to the name of a once respected club. You want him to be free to continue his work? You are all mad.

The alternative might well be administration and demotion (worst case liquidation and a phoenix club starting at Tier Eight- Northern Premier Division One South), but where are we heading at the moment? Grimsby Town has massive potential and a few years in the wilderness before re-emerging stronger and fitter as a club and business could well be better than the path we are heading down.

Fenty has had his chance at looking after the club and he has failed, it's time for him to sodomist off and leave the club.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 24 - 46
Paris Mariner
November 7, 2011, 4:05pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Yes, I never wanted him to leave, but why would he want to when so many people constantly slate him? If it wasn't for him we'd have been well gone long ago!

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 25 - 46
TownLad87
November 7, 2011, 4:19pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +10 / -13
Approval: +0
My vote would be for the new chairman to be ozzy the wino he's always reachable to fans as he is always out and about in town and clee and his press conferences and press releases would be class!

GT GTF GTFC OK!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 46
Ipswin
November 7, 2011, 4:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from TownLad87
My vote would be for the new chairman to be ozzy the wino he's always reachable to fans as he is always out and about in town and clee and his press conferences and press releases would be class!

But wouldn't that be just more of the same - folk might not realise Fenty had gone

Private Message
Reply: 27 - 46
Garth
November 7, 2011, 4:23pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from Paris Mariner
Yes, I never wanted him to leave, but why would he want to when so many people constantly slate him? If it wasn't for him we'd have been well gone long ago!

I feel the same and have never changed my tune, better the devil you know than others you don`t, those who threw their garlands at Mike Parker would I assume be a little disapointed now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 46
upthestripes
November 7, 2011, 4:49pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from BIGChris

Grimsby Pete has got millions

I voted yes though, because I never had anything against him being here to begin with.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 46
lew chaterleys lover
November 7, 2011, 4:54pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,747
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from GrimRob
It's a no brainer. Of course he should. There is no knight is shining armour who will rescue us, nice as it would be to have some fresh ideas.

Do you think hes been a knight in shining armour thus far then?

If he goes,we cut our cloth accordingly.Build from the bottom-assuming we are at the bottom.

If he stays we have a multi millionaire chairman who has managed to take us into oblivion and who shows absolutely no idea how to get us out of the mess.Weve gone to the dogs under a chairman with lots of money - so what is the advantage of having a rich chairman?Had he financed "a Crawley" I could understand it,but he has financed a worse team year on year.

Its a no brainer for me as I just cannot see us going forward with him involved,on the proviso that he doesnt have a wild card waiting to be pulled out.

Private Message
Reply: 30 - 46
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 7, 2011, 5:05pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,951
Gold Stars: 180
well, surely its the 'managers' that highlight the players that are wanted and indeed step over the line on a saturday afternoon.
so, that berefts the question as to wether the right people have been appointed. with hind-sight, it is easy for us all to say no they havent.

but, i remember being at cheltenham with about 1500(? others on a nice sunny day in 2009, thinking we now had the right man in place to take us back up the league. that season ended with a grimsby town legend in charge taking us to our lowest ever eb. does that mean that bodget and scarper are the right people, imho of what i have seen so far, it doesnt seem so. but, they have an amazing record at non league level, so i am hoping they will be.

if not, well, there could be a winter of discontent on the horizon

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 46
Quagmire
November 7, 2011, 6:49pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +19 / 0
Approval: +932
Gold Stars: 43

Do you think hes been a knight in shining armour thus far then?

If he goes,we cut our cloth accordingly.Build from the bottom-assuming we are at the bottom.

If he stays we have a multi millionaire chairman who has managed to take us into oblivion and who shows absolutely no idea how to get us out of the mess.Weve gone to the dogs under a chairman with lots of money - so what is the advantage of having a rich chairman?Had he financed "a Crawley" I could understand it,but he has financed a worse team year on year.

Its a no brainer for me as I just cannot see us going forward with him involved,on the proviso that he doesnt have a wild card waiting to be pulled out.

Absolutely spot on post.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 46
upthestripes
November 7, 2011, 6:53pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
with hind-sight, it is easy for us all to say no they havent.

Absolutely right. urine easy for everyone to say they were poor decisions after-the-fact.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 46
Quagmire
November 7, 2011, 7:05pm

Table Wine Drinker
Quoted from upthestripes

Absolutely right. urine easy for everyone to say they were poor decisions after-the-fact.

With the exception of Newell pretty much all of the Fenty appointments have garnered little support amongst the fans.

Nicky Law, Slade, Rodger, Woods, Buckley III to a certain extent all had minimal support other than the usual "let's get behind him" kind of thing.

I hardly think you needed a great deal of hindsight re Rodger and Woods in terms of how successful they were likely to be.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 46
upthestripes
November 7, 2011, 7:21pm

Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Quagmire

With the exception of Newell pretty much all of the Fenty appointments have garnered little support amongst the fans.

Nicky Law, Slade, Rodger, Woods, Buckley III to a certain extent all had minimal support other than the usual "let's get behind him" kind of thing.

I hardly think you needed a great deal of hindsight re Rodger and Woods in terms of how successful they were likely to be.

Fair enough, but Woods would never have been appointed if Newell had done what we'd all expected from him, and can you really say that Slade was a bad appointment? Also personally I thought Woods was doing ok before he was sacked.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 46
Tinymariner
November 7, 2011, 7:31pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
Im going to buy a car, put petrol in it, Insure and tax it, pay for the servicing and get any little niggle fixed too, but I wont drive it.
Does anybody want to drive it around for me?
No one can be expected to hand over their money (millions) to GTFC and not be expected to help run the club. Also, beggers can be choosers and we have no other choice than JF at the minute. UTMM  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 46
lew chaterleys lover
November 7, 2011, 7:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from upthestripes

How else would we know they were poor decisions until after a passage of time?

We are fans,just everyday fans who have absolutely no say in how the club is run.

The Board is,or should be,in possession of all the relevant facts,background checks,a coherent plan,a vision for the club before making appointments.

I think the critical thing above all others though is that the Club itself is a mess;this has hampered all the managers.I just dont think the foundations for a successful club have been laid,apart from our good name and historical standing which obviously pre - date the current regime.

Lots of smaller clubs have overtaken us and that itself tells a story.No vision or sense of purpose results in tottering from one disaster to another,whether on the PR front,players not wanting to be here or managers appointed with little or no chance of success.

I couldn't be chairman,even if I was loaded.I am not clever enough,nor do I possess the relevant business skills.What I would do though is employ somebody to shake the club up from top to bottom,to work with the manager(s) to get the whole club working together in a professional manner.

We will either wake from our slumbers by a) getting a winning team together and hope that is the catalyst to get the club to act like it should or b) have a plan with good people implementing it to drag us back to being the pride of the local community.

My business dealings have taken me to see the inner workings of both Scunny and Hull and it is a real eye opener I can tell you.

We are light years behind both in how they present themselves to the public.

We simply have not caught up with the fact that it is the 21st century.I guess all the eggs were in the new stadium basket,but if that is not to come to fruition then we have to bite the bullet and start from now to turn the club around from the BP headquarters.

Things for Fenty to consider - get someone to RUN the club on his behalf,clean up BP and while your at it mend the Osmond stand clock - its  been showing twenty past nine for the last 6 months!!  
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 46
Quagmire
November 7, 2011, 7:35pm

Table Wine Drinker
With hindsight we probably wouldn't have appointed any of the managers we have in the last 10 years or so with probably the exception of Slade  

Maybe I'm hard to please but the appointments of Law, Slade, Rodger, Buckley III and Woods didn't really fill me with a great deal of optimism.

Fair enough Slade did better than I was expecting in his second season but he threw away our chances of promotion during that run in.  

Woods' 25 game winless run pretty much cost us our league status and whilst he was doing 'ok' last season we (in my opinion) shouldn't have been playing at that level had the club appointed someone more suitable to getting us out of the mess we were in in League Two.

Rodger was a dreadful appointment and was pretty much universally met with groans of discontent, and he only lasted a few months.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 46
cleeimp
November 7, 2011, 7:51pm

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Quoted from Garth

I feel the same and have never changed my tune, better the devil you know than others you don`t, those who threw their garlands at Mike Parker would I assume be a little disapointed now

I think that he should be given a chance because he is the only one who as intrest in the club I got this email off him after I sent him one.
Richard,

Thank you for your very kind support, it is very much appreciated.

The club will post is finances for 2010/11 season tomorrow which do not make good reading and within the report it notes that I am standing for re-election as it is my turn by rotation.

Control sits outside the board room and therefore I cannot be certain to retain my directorship.

If I get sufficient votes then I assure you that I will do my best for the club and hope that football fortune can follow.

Best

John Fenty

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cleefish
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 46
FishOutOfWater
November 7, 2011, 8:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,577
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Quagmire
With hindsight we probably wouldn't have appointed any of the managers we have in the last 10 years or so with probably the exception of Slade  

Maybe I'm hard to please but the appointments of Law, Slade, Rodger, Buckley III and Woods didn't really fill me with a great deal of optimism.

Fair enough Slade did better than I was expecting in his second season but he threw away our chances of promotion during that run in.  

Woods' 25 game winless run pretty much cost us our league status and whilst he was doing 'ok' last season we (in my opinion) shouldn't have been playing at that level had the club appointed someone more suitable to getting us out of the mess we were in in League Two.

Rodger was a dreadful appointment and was pretty much universally met with groans of discontent, and he only lasted a few months.

At least with Roger in charge we were never in the relegation zone....imho he was on a hiding to nothing following Slade and having to build a team to follow the promotion challenge we'd had previously
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 40 - 46
Rodley Mariner
November 7, 2011, 8:25pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,258
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Tinymariner
Im going to buy a car, put petrol in it, Insure and tax it, pay for the servicing and get any little niggle fixed too, but I wont drive it.
No one can be expected to hand over their money (millions) to GTFC and not be expected to help run the club. Also, beggers can be choosers and we have no other choice than JF at the minute. UTMM  

I've got a car and I've completely copulated it up. I would have a go at fixing it myself but I've tried before and I've just copulated it up even more, in fact I've made it abundantly clear that I am incapable of fixing the car. This time I might pay someone who knows what they're doing to fix it for me otherwise it'll end up terminally copulated.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 46
My cats dreams
November 7, 2011, 8:43pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +1 / 0
To many fixing cars in this forum i prefer to lay underneath them

Dogs are smelly creatures full of there own importance
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 46
lew chaterleys lover
November 7, 2011, 8:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Tinymariner

Therein lies one of the problems.

JF has got the money,but not it seems the ability to run the club successfully.

Therefore we have to have a club going nowhere/backwards because the owner has to do it his way.

A better idea as I have said in an earlier post, is for him to look for a top notch employee to run the club for him from top to bottom and,if thats what he wants,to take the praise when it starts to turn around.

Mr.Fenty trying to run the club,including fixing the roof and changing the light bulbs will just not work (as proven over the last few years)

Surely,surely he can see in his heart of hearts that he cannot continue to do everything just the same and expect a different result?    
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 46
Tinymariner
November 7, 2011, 9:46pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Rep Score: +30 / -2
Approval: +1,456
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

I've got a car and I've completely copulated it up. I would have a go at fixing it myself but I've tried before and I've just copulated it up even more, in fact I've made it abundantly clear that I am incapable of fixing the car. This time I might pay someone who knows what they're doing to fix it for me otherwise it'll end up terminally copulated.

I forgot to mention that I can't drive a car and I'm not a qualified mechanic either.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 46
headingly_mariner
November 7, 2011, 9:59pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
He should drop the debt and clear off!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 46
paddymariners
November 7, 2011, 10:26pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

At least with Roger in charge we were never in the relegation zone....imho he was on a hiding to nothing following Slade and having to build a team to follow the promotion challenge we'd had previously

Rodger had NONE of the credentials required to be a manager of a kindergarten, let alone a football club. That was obvious from the start and became even more obvious towards the end. Sacking him was one decision that Fenty did get right.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 46
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Should Mr Fenty return as Chairman?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.