Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Should Mr Fenty return as Chairman?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 111 Guests

Should Mr Fenty return as Chairman?

This thread currently has 3,271 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
November 7, 2011, 1:25pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.79
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,832
Gold Stars: 222
I am not a very good speller either  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 46
Super Clive
November 7, 2011, 1:40pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +55 / -24
Approval: +1
Surprizing results so far imo.

Although the fishy doesn't represent the whole fan base its seems they are voting for his money rather than fenty himself, is that wrong ?

Or just the world we live in nowadays?
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 46
psgmariner
November 7, 2011, 1:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Super Clive
Surprizing results so far imo.

Although the fishy doesn't represent the whole fan base its seems they are voting for his money rather than fenty himself, is that wrong ?

Or just the world we live in nowadays?

Of course. His money is the be all and end all. If he stops being Chairman and stops meeting our losses then in all probability GTFC will cease to exist.

Like him or loathe him he is currently the only person standing between GTFC and liquidation.

Private Message
Reply: 22 - 46
AdamHaddock
November 7, 2011, 1:55pm

Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +37 / -5
Approval: +2,846
Gold Stars: 26
My preference would be that he buys the club (just for the sake of securing it's future) but then takes a hands off role and appoints a board of hard headed business people who won't make ridiculous decisions or embarrasing press releases.

[img]https://images.app.goo.gl/bymuz36koLHofSn79[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 46
GollyGTFC
November 7, 2011, 2:25pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,039
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from psgmariner

Of course. His money is the be all and end all. If he stops being Chairman and stops meeting our losses then in all probability GTFC will cease to exist.

Like him or loathe him he is currently the only person standing between GTFC and liquidation.

He meets the losses because he has run the club at a huge loss. The club would be healthier on and off the pitch if we lived within our means.

And all these "there is nobody else out there" merchants are basing this on? How do you know this to be true?

I agree, no one in there right mind would get involved now- £2.6m in debt and having to buy £900,000+ in shares to become majority owner. £3.5m to buy a club and clear the debt and that's before further losses already accrued this season and further losses whilst the new man gets the business in order are taken into account.

The club will be healthier if Fenty cancelled his debt and removed the threat that it poses to Blundell Park. Fenty's reign was disaster after disaster and brought shame to the name of a once respected club. You want him to be free to continue his work? You are all mad.

The alternative might well be administration and demotion (worst case liquidation and a phoenix club starting at Tier Eight- Northern Premier Division One South), but where are we heading at the moment? Grimsby Town has massive potential and a few years in the wilderness before re-emerging stronger and fitter as a club and business could well be better than the path we are heading down.

Fenty has had his chance at looking after the club and he has failed, it's time for him to sodomist off and leave the club.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 24 - 46
Paris Mariner
November 7, 2011, 4:05pm
www.theliquidfootballblog.wordpress.com
Main Stander
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +809
Yes, I never wanted him to leave, but why would he want to when so many people constantly slate him? If it wasn't for him we'd have been well gone long ago!

bilbaogroundguide.wordpress.com
ingoldale.tumblr.com Football and gig ticket blog
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 25 - 46
TownLad87
November 7, 2011, 4:19pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +10 / -13
Approval: +0
My vote would be for the new chairman to be ozzy the wino he's always reachable to fans as he is always out and about in town and clee and his press conferences and press releases would be class!

GT GTF GTFC OK!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 46
Ipswin
November 7, 2011, 4:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from TownLad87
My vote would be for the new chairman to be ozzy the wino he's always reachable to fans as he is always out and about in town and clee and his press conferences and press releases would be class!

But wouldn't that be just more of the same - folk might not realise Fenty had gone

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 46
Garth
November 7, 2011, 4:23pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,936
Gold Stars: 27
Quoted from Paris Mariner
Yes, I never wanted him to leave, but why would he want to when so many people constantly slate him? If it wasn't for him we'd have been well gone long ago!

I feel the same and have never changed my tune, better the devil you know than others you don`t, those who threw their garlands at Mike Parker would I assume be a little disapointed now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 46
upthestripes
November 7, 2011, 4:49pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from BIGChris
If you dont want JF to back the club financially can you please come up with a viable alternative?

I would love somebody, or a group of people, to come forward who are willing to back the club financially. I am just not aware of anyone with the level of money required.

Grimsby Pete has got millions

I voted yes though, because I never had anything against him being here to begin with.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 46
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Should Mr Fenty return as Chairman?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.