5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
GodHelpUs
October 6, 2011, 4:15pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +21 / -3
Approval: -1
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I'm not trying to undermine them either. I probably should have made it clearer that I'm not trying to criticise them and I realise that they've had little time to get things moving. I was just trying to explain that I think there are lots of people, myself included, who will support the trust and contribute in time but that we just need a greater understanding of what's happening before making that commitment. I'm not even trying to suggest that it is the Trust who need to do the explaining.

Can I also add how relieved and delighted I am to have 80's Glory to explain exactly what's happening to us all. The fact that he does it in such a concise manner whilst avoiding patronising every other poster on this board is to his utmost credit. Kudos to you sir.

I don't think anyone has a problem with you expressing your concerns - at least you are obviously sincere, unlike the attention seekers, wind up merchants and those for whom the lift doesn't quite reach the top floor (yes, you Mr Grimbarian).

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 43
MeanwoodMariner
October 6, 2011, 4:26pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
If you're only trying to steer us all in the direction of truth then I apologise for implying you're patronising

This just made me lol
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 43
80sglory
October 6, 2011, 4:47pm
Guest User
If you're only trying to steer us all in the direction of truth then I apologise for implying you're patronising - clearly I had it wrong.

Ok have it your way.
You posed the question and I gave my view.

Next time YOU give an opinion, I'll presume you're showing off because you think you know better than everyone else.  

Reply: 42 - 43
Happy_Mariner
October 7, 2011, 6:24am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +69
Quoted from 1600

With all due respect I'm not talking crap and I certainly wasn't suggesting you're not fans.

What I'm saying is only JF has the power to set the playing budget.
£900K playing budgets are generous but you might as well go for it with £2 million in 1 year to get out the BSP than £1 million over 2 years IF you think you've got the right man/men

Please see my post
http://www.thefishy.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1317759843/s-3/#num5

sonik it's all well and good telling fans to dig deep but it's not necessarily gonna inspire or motivate people to do it.

Many aren't convinced by JF's running of the club but if we all(stayaways included) had a COMMON STRATEGIC GOAL we could all work towards then wouldn't everyone be happy ?

- Club gets the short-term support it needs. (and lot's of it)
- Fans get a budget to lick their lips over.
- Attendances rise help paying for it all
- Town gets buzzing again etc

If it all doesn't work out then ok, we cut our cloth(and we still do it in L2) but we're gonna do that anyway aren't we ?
So why don't we consider "going for it" first ?

I just feel we need BIG IDEAS not doom and gloom ones.

Just imagine - your brother could say e.g. for every £1 the fans raise, he will do the same.
How about that ?  
You can't get much more "co-operative" than that !

Launch a nationwide "Get us out" campaign, get Graham Taylor and other ex-mariners backing it.
Show leadership and people from London and all around the world might stump up if they thought it could make a REAL difference.

I'm afraid the unfortunate fact is that people(especially investors) are reluctant to invest in what they see as a sinking ship.

But if the noises coming out the club changed to VERY POSITIVE, then maybe others might also want to invest and come on board for a piece of the action ?  

Other examples - GTST could ask Parker for funding and promise to repay his shares if we go up (ok forget that one ! )

We could all sit down and think of lots of ideas - the possibilities are endless...

I just feel fans need to have some STRATEGIC GOALS to get them excited and rally to the clubs cause.

We need ambition and inspiration !

80s your long posts and over analysis of everything are commendable and show your love of the club but a playing budget of £2 million to get us out of this league is just ridiculous. Do you think that there is a pot of gold waiting for us in League 2? It can't be that more beneficial financially being up there. Yes there will be more travelling fans, a bit of TV money and maybe some better sponsorship but what happens to our £2 million wage packet that next season?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 43
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Joining the dots

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.