rather be a codhead than a scunt
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +21 / -9
Approval: +1
80s joining the dots that's a laugh.  

Flash to bang what a wally!!!!!!

i TRUST in cod

please leave me out of this utter b0ll0Ck$ plz!

rather be a codhead than a scunt

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 43
pier39
October 5, 2011, 12:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Quoted from sonik

I fully agree with you here Chris.  This may be the last chance saloon to really make a difference.  Please join it and stop knocking it I would say.  As I've seen on other posts recently the Club is up for sale and we don't see any takers to date. Very worrying times if this stagnates in the coming days, weeks, months.

UTM!

i agree we are near the last chance saloon but grimsby being grimsby i honestly cant see the trust working and fear for our future.fenty asked for and got investment what he didnt say was you werent allowed any say and must toe the fenty line errmm. im sad parker hasnt gone the whole hogg and got rid of fenty and his benign loans...we r fooked
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 43
psgmariner
October 5, 2011, 12:40pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.68
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from pier39

i agree we are near the last chance saloon but grimsby being grimsby i honestly cant see the trust working and fear for our future.fenty asked for and got investment what he didnt say was you werent allowed any say and must toe the fenty line errmm. im sad parker hasnt gone the whole hogg and got rid of fenty and his benign loans...we r fooked

That's the most Grimsby thing I have ever heard!

Private Message
Reply: 12 - 43
upthestripes
October 5, 2011, 1:15pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.38
Rep Score: +68 / -8
Approval: +7
Quoted from 1600

Ok then I'll tell you what I think it all ultimately means -

Thank you for clarifying. Interesting thoughts. At  least it would mean some kind of future.

[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb71/levite_photo/town/2959063.jpg[/img]

Hitman Hearn - BP Gangsta
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 43
GodHelpUs
October 5, 2011, 1:31pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +21 / -3
Approval: -1
Quoted from 1600

I might be wrong but I'll take a risk.

Quelle surprise.

I think those statements from GTST are a pretext to asking the fans to raise the money to give them a seat on the board and finance the club in the process - hence "not in the immediate future"...

Of course they are...they're a Supporters' Trust!

Then if they achieve a seat on the board, majority shareholding will no longer be outside the boardroom, and Fenty will return as chair.

I hardly think that is going to happen anytime soon!

Notice how everyone is saying how fans have a chance to have a voice but they haven't actually said how it will be achieved ?
That's the next part IMO.

"Ian Fleming in appealing for investment from anyone with the resources to help take the club forward."

Anyone being the fans.

No....anyone means individuals with pots of money.

"Whilst GTST will not be seeking a place on the board of the football club in the immediate future, the acquisition of these shares provides a golden opportunity for GTFC supporters to have a more meaningful influence on the future of Grimsby Town Football Club."

Golden opportunity = fans get a say if they cough up the money.

Anyone who wants a say in the day to day running of the club needs to put their money where their mouth is - that includes the Trust.

If I'm totally wrong then I'd like to know why receiving all those shares means anything else than diddly squat to GTST achieving their long term objectives.

Not wrong at all...I just don't understand why you think it's necessary to state what is perfectly obvious to everyone as if you've just discovered the meaning of life!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 43
sonik
October 5, 2011, 8:31pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from pier39

You can have your opinions Pier39 but some things in your statement are so wrong in my opinion.  Time will tell. Join the Trust if you're not already a member and try make a difference.  Your club needs you and many more.  UTM!!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 43
sands
October 5, 2011, 8:48pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +0 / -7
Quoted from sonik

You can have your opinions Pier39 but some things in your statement are so wrong in my opinion.  Time will tell. Join the Trust if you're not already a member and try make a difference.  Your club needs you and many more.  UTM!!

losing our league status and then losing to part time teams on a regular basis. yep its all about opinions mine is youre brother should have done the decent thing and made the transition to parker straight forward rather than try to claw some money back
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 43
meggietown
October 5, 2011, 8:59pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +70
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from sonik

i would love to join the trust and would defintly without hesitation apart from one reason Dave Otter,dont trust the bloke one little bit an totally stuck up johns bottom everything john does dave agrees with which is very worrying,Dave left the trust the other year so why has he reappeared  the man is clueless an inept so for him to have a say of our shareholding is very scary,the gtst needs to open a vote system for who should be on the board of the gtst  an whos chairman of the gtst, instead of someone who has done nothing for two years an admitted it an give him responsibilty of the shares given to GTST that is very worrying,does anybody out there know the gtst agenda apart from being dormant for the last two years  UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 43
BIGChris
October 5, 2011, 9:03pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.96
Rep Score: +70 / -24
Approval: +2,654
Gold Stars: 6
Quoted from meggietown

i would love to join the trust and would defintly without hesitation apart from one reason Dave Otter,dont trust the bloke one little bit an totally stuck up johns bottom everything john does dave agrees with which is very worrying,Dave left the trust the other year so why has he reappeared  the man is clueless an inept so for him to have a say of our shareholding is very scary,the gtst needs to open a vote system for who should be on the board of the gtst  an whos chairman of the gtst, instead of someone who has done nothing for two years an admitted it an give him responsibilty of the shares given to GTST that is very worrying,does anybody out there know the gtst agenda apart from being dormant for the last two years  UTM

All your answers can be found of the GTST web site. There is an 'open vote system so there is no reason why you wont be joining?

http://www.gtst.net/site/content/view/287/2/
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 43
meggietown
October 5, 2011, 9:17pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: +70
Gold Stars: 3
Quoted from BIGChris

All your answers can be found of the GTST web site. There is an 'open vote system so there is no reason why you wont be joining?

http://www.gtst.net/site/content/view/287/2/

nice one cheers for that chris
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 43
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Joining the dots

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.