MuddyWaters
October 5, 2011, 9:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from sonik

You can have your opinions Pier39 but some things in your statement are so wrong in my opinion.  Time will tell. Join the Trust if you're not already a member and try make a difference.  Your club needs you and many more.  UTM!!

Sheer hypocrisy fom the brother of the man that has led us to this sad and sorry situation. Come and pick up the pieces of my brothers mess.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 43
Rich Boy
October 5, 2011, 10:21pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +1 / -22
If the worst come to the worst who will be around to bail the club out? Yep, that's right, the person who gets slagged off every week by the brain deads on here John Fenty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 43
sonik
October 5, 2011, 10:46pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Sheer hypocrisy fom the brother of the man that has led us to this sad and sorry situation. Come and pick up the pieces of my brothers mess.

You must have had a few beers too by the way your spelling is tonight. Just what do you mean?  This is a real situation the Club finds its self in.  John and we if you are included in that want whats best for the future survival of GTFC. Please tell us how to go about it!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 43
80sglory
October 5, 2011, 10:51pm
Guest User
Quoted from sonik
Please tell us how to go about it!

Stick your hand in your pocket for a £2 million playing budget to get us out of this league and the fans will cough up in their droves too.
Reply: 23 - 43
Chris
October 5, 2011, 10:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +1
Quoted from BIGChris

All your answers can be found of the GTST web site. There is an 'open vote system so there is no reason why you wont be joining?

http://www.gtst.net/site/content/view/287/2/

Some good posts Chris. The Trust isn't about any individuals opinion, its a democratic group where everyone's opinion is just as important and valid as the next man. Only way to influence it is to be involved.

Get involved. I truly believe that together the supporters of GTFC really can make a difference through the trust.

Anyone wanting information can find it on the website, with other avenues being via Facebook and Twitter.

The Trust means business. Exciting times in amongst the doom and gloom.

UTM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 43
sonik
October 5, 2011, 11:17pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from 1600

Stick your hand in your pocket for a £2 million playing budget to get us out of this league and the fans will cough up in their droves too.

What's do you mean? I am a Town fan the same as you "I think." I pay my way. Stop all the crap. At least support the Trust unless you can contribute to the ongoing losses or we won't have a club to support at all. Sad but true!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 43
80sglory
October 6, 2011, 12:39am
Guest User
Quoted from sonik
What's do you mean? I am a Town fan the same as you "I think." I pay my way. Stop all the crap.

With all due respect I'm not talking crap and I certainly wasn't suggesting you're not fans.

What I'm saying is only JF has the power to set the playing budget.
£900K playing budgets are generous but you might as well go for it with £2 million in 1 year to get out the BSP than £1 million over 2 years IF you think you've got the right man/men

Please see my post
http://www.thefishy.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1317759843/s-3/#num5

Quoted from sonik
At least support the Trust unless you can contribute to the ongoing losses or we won't have a club to support at all. Sad but true!

sonik it's all well and good telling fans to dig deep but it's not necessarily gonna inspire or motivate people to do it.

Many aren't convinced by JF's running of the club but if we all(stayaways included) had a COMMON STRATEGIC GOAL we could all work towards then wouldn't everyone be happy ?

- Club gets the short-term support it needs. (and lot's of it)
- Fans get a budget to lick their lips over.
- Attendances rise help paying for it all
- Town gets buzzing again etc

If it all doesn't work out then ok, we cut our cloth(and we still do it in L2) but we're gonna do that anyway aren't we ?
So why don't we consider "going for it" first ?

I just feel we need BIG IDEAS not doom and gloom ones.

Just imagine - your brother could say e.g. for every £1 the fans raise, he will do the same.
How about that ?  
You can't get much more "co-operative" than that !

Launch a nationwide "Get us out" campaign, get Graham Taylor and other ex-mariners backing it.
Show leadership and people from London and all around the world might stump up if they thought it could make a REAL difference.

I'm afraid the unfortunate fact is that people(especially investors) are reluctant to invest in what they see as a sinking ship.

But if the noises coming out the club changed to VERY POSITIVE, then maybe others might also want to invest and come on board for a piece of the action ?  

Other examples - GTST could ask Parker for funding and promise to repay his shares if we go up (ok forget that one ! )

We could all sit down and think of lots of ideas - the possibilities are endless...

I just feel fans need to have some STRATEGIC GOALS to get them excited and rally to the clubs cause.

We need ambition and inspiration !
Reply: 26 - 43
MuddyWaters
October 6, 2011, 8:00am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from sonik

You must have had a few beers too by the way your spelling is tonight. Just what do you mean?  This is a real situation the Club finds its self in.  John and we if you are included in that want whats best for the future survival of GTFC. Please tell us how to go about it!

Can't find any spelling errors, and, like many others, look forward to the day when the club is in the hands of someone who knows what they are doing.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 43
Devonmatt
October 6, 2011, 9:56am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +19 / -3
Approval: +18
Quoted from sonik

What's do you mean? I am a Town fan the same as you "I think." I pay my way. Stop all the crap. At least support the Trust unless you can contribute to the ongoing losses or we won't have a club to support at all. Sad but true!

Sonik, let me start by stating that I've always respected the role that JF has played in the club and honestly can't believe that he has stuck at it for as long as he has.  Forgive me if what I write below is a little naieve or goes over old ground as I've tried to stay away from much of what has gone on recently, considering it not relevant to the end game of the current scenario.  

Whilst I strongly disagree with most of what 80's Glory writes, honestly I've never heard a more ill conceived suggestion (let's have a real crack at promotion by putting 2million into the playing budget!), I do agree with him on one point and that is a lack of a clear strategic direction for the club.  People, certainly speaking for myself, are going to be reluctant to put good money into the club without such a plan in place.  Why has John gone quiet at this point?  Is it simply that he intends that we continue as we are just with more help to fund the losses?  Surely this is the time when absolute clarity is required?  If the club is going to have to retrench , smashing costs, to move forward at a later date then let's have those cards on the table.  The lack of direction from, and irrespective of current position, the man who has been at the head of GTFC for the last decade coupled with the actions of Mike Parker smacks of childish game playing and is, IMHO, not having the (stated by you) desired effect of mobilising the great supporter base of GTFC.

What we need is clear direction now so that we can stop guessing about what will be required at a later date.

UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 43
GodHelpUs
October 6, 2011, 10:28am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +21 / -3
Approval: -1
Quoted from meggietown

i would love to join the trust and would defintly without hesitation apart from one reason Dave Otter,dont trust the bloke one little bit an totally stuck up johns bottom everything john does dave agrees with which is very worrying,Dave left the trust the other year so why has he reappeared  the man is clueless an inept so for him to have a say of our shareholding is very scary,the gtst needs to open a vote system for who should be on the board of the gtst  an whos chairman of the gtst, instead of someone who has done nothing for two years an admitted it an give him responsibilty of the shares given to GTST that is very worrying,does anybody out there know the gtst agenda apart from being dormant for the last two years  UTM

Well if he gets home from work at night and reads the kind of thing you've just posted would you have blamed him for having a break?  I did hear he resigned for personal reasons and if what I heard was true he did the right thing for both the Trust and himself.  A lot can change in two years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 43
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Joining the dots

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.