5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Rodley Mariner
October 6, 2011, 1:35pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,296
Gold Stars: 187
I think that the major problem is the lack of transparency as to what's happening.

I would guess I'm not the only one who would happily join the trust and pay £15 per year and £5 per month but first I want to know how it'll be used? How the club will be run in the future? Is the trust aiming for a place on the board? What's happening with Fenty and Parker and future funding from the two of them?

Realistically I can't see trust membership and contributions going up rapidly until people know exactly where things stand at the moment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 43
pleasegoup
October 6, 2011, 2:06pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Quoted from 1600

With all due respect I'm not talking crap and I certainly wasn't suggesting you're not fans.

What I'm saying is only JF has the power to set the playing budget.
£900K playing budgets are generous but you might as well go for it with £2 million in 1 year to get out the BSP than £1 million over 2 years IF you think you've got the right man/men

Please see my post
http://www.thefishy.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?m-1317759843/s-3/#num5

sonik it's all well and good telling fans to dig deep but it's not necessarily gonna inspire or motivate people to do it.

Many aren't convinced by JF's running of the club but if we all(stayaways included) had a COMMON STRATEGIC GOAL we could all work towards then wouldn't everyone be happy ?

- Club gets the short-term support it needs. (and lot's of it)
- Fans get a budget to lick their lips over.
- Attendances rise help paying for it all
- Town gets buzzing again etc

If it all doesn't work out then ok, we cut our cloth(and we still do it in L2) but we're gonna do that anyway aren't we ?
So why don't we consider "going for it" first ?

I just feel we need BIG IDEAS not doom and gloom ones.

Just imagine - your brother could say e.g. for every £1 the fans raise, he will do the same.
How about that ?  
You can't get much more "co-operative" than that !

Launch a nationwide "Get us out" campaign, get Graham Taylor and other ex-mariners backing it.
Show leadership and people from London and all around the world might stump up if they thought it could make a REAL difference.

I'm afraid the unfortunate fact is that people(especially investors) are reluctant to invest in what they see as a sinking ship.

But if the noises coming out the club changed to VERY POSITIVE, then maybe others might also want to invest and come on board for a piece of the action ?  

Other examples - GTST could ask Parker for funding and promise to repay his shares if we go up (ok forget that one ! )

We could all sit down and think of lots of ideas - the possibilities are endless...

I just feel fans need to have some STRATEGIC GOALS to get them excited and rally to the clubs cause.

We need ambition and inspiration !

fenty and parker seem to not want to put any more money in and your solution is to double the playing budget?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 43
sonik
October 6, 2011, 2:11pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +23 / -9
Approval: +28
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I think that the major problem is the lack of transparency as to what's happening.

I would guess I'm not the only one who would happily join the trust and pay £15 per year and £5 per month but first I want to know how it'll be used? How the club will be run in the future? Is the trust aiming for a place on the board? What's happening with Fenty and Parker and future funding from the two of them?

Realistically I can't see trust membership and contributions going up rapidly until people know exactly where things stand at the moment.

I think I'm right in saying that all will become clearer in the near future regarding the Re-launching of the GTST. I agree with some of your concerns.  Meetings are in the pipeline to discuss ways forward.  UTM!

The Futures Bright Its Black And White!
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 43
GodHelpUs
October 6, 2011, 2:41pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +21 / -3
Approval: -1
How can the Trust be expected to tell you what's going on with Fenty and Parker?  They probably don't know anyway!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 43
80sglory
October 6, 2011, 3:08pm
Guest User
Quoted from Devonmatt
Whilst I strongly disagree with most of what 80's Glory writes, honestly I've never heard a more ill conceived suggestion (let's have a real crack at promotion by putting 2million into the playing budget!)

I think you're missing the whole point.

We're in position where Mr Fenty, Mr Parker and GTST have not expressed any intention (as yet) to put more money into the club despite being significant shareholders.

Nor I would add have the fans to any significant degree.

Who has taken it upon themselves to try to rectify the situation ? No-one (as yet but as we all should know, that will change)

What I'm suggesting is a situation where all relevant parties can reach a common agreement towards a common goal.

If fans put £1 in, then Mr Fenty does and if that's the case, it's quite possible Mr Parker will too.

So forget £2 million budgets for now - what is wrong with that ?

Is the trust aiming for a place on the board?

Well done you've cracked it.

Quoted from BIGChris
There is an 'open vote system so there is no reason why you wont be joining?

http://www.gtst.net/site/content/view/287/2/

What open vote system ?
Please show me where it says that ?
Reply: 34 - 43
MeanwoodMariner
October 6, 2011, 3:31pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,673
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from sonik

I think I'm right in saying that all will become clearer in the near future regarding the Re-launching of the GTST. I agree with some of your concerns.  Meetings are in the pipeline to discuss ways forward.  UTM!

I'm amazed at the impatience some people show towards the trust. They have been completely open and honest about the fact they have been dormant for a long time. They effectively ceased to exist simply because with a sugar daddy at the helm they had no relevance.

Right now they are just a group of well meaning fans looking to get it up and running again. Give them a little while to get started folks! I suspect their prominence will grow very rapidly despite the attempts of one or two to undermine their efforts.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 43
MuddyWaters
October 6, 2011, 3:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,297
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner

I'm amazed at the impatience some people show towards the trust. They have been completely open and honest about the fact they have been dormant for a long time. They effectively ceased to exist simply because with a sugar daddy at the helm they had no relevance.

Right now they are just a group of well meaning fans looking to get it up and running again. Give them a little while to get started folks! I suspect their prominence will grow very rapidly despite the attempts of one or two to undermine their efforts.

Don't think anyone's undermining them - like others, I'm just wondering who's going to be paying the bills in 6/9 months time????
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 43
Rodley Mariner
October 6, 2011, 3:39pm
Special Brew Drinker
I'm not trying to undermine them either. I probably should have made it clearer that I'm not trying to criticise them and I realise that they've had little time to get things moving. I was just trying to explain that I think there are lots of people, myself included, who will support the trust and contribute in time but that we just need a greater understanding of what's happening before making that commitment. I'm not even trying to suggest that it is the Trust who need to do the explaining.

Can I also add how relieved and delighted I am to have 80's Glory to explain exactly what's happening to us all. The fact that he does it in such a concise manner whilst avoiding patronising every other poster on this board is to his utmost credit. Kudos to you sir.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 43
80sglory
October 6, 2011, 4:08pm
Guest User
Can I also add how relieved and delighted I am to have 80's Glory to explain exactly what's happening to us all. The fact that he does it in suck a concise manner whilst avoiding patronising every other poster on this board is to his utmost credit. Kudos to you sir.

Are you being sarcastic ?
If so maybe you've got a point...

At the end of the day I'm only trying to steer supporters in what I believe to be the direction of the truth.
If that's patronising of me too then I sincerely apologise but I hope at least you'll agree there are bigger issues at stake.
Reply: 38 - 43
Rodley Mariner
October 6, 2011, 4:13pm
Special Brew Drinker
If you're only trying to steer us all in the direction of truth then I apologise for implying you're patronising - clearly I had it wrong.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 43
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Joining the dots

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.